Zalman Z9 Plus Case Review Introduction
Purchase: The Zalman Z9 Plus Case at Amazon
Recently, I bought the Z9 Plus PC case to support my current PC gaming build. Previous to the Z9 I was using a very old case that was given to me by a friend of my girlfriends for free, so at this point in time I thought I should upgrade for a few reasons:
- My old case was VERY loud; although it made it sound very powerful it also sounded like a helicopter prepping take off.
- My older case was quite dusty inside (needed cleaning anyways so since I was going to open up and clean anyways, thought mise well carry everything over to another case at this point in time)
- Finally, the airflow in my other case was terrible. Even though I had fans full fledge 100% of the time, it got hot inside. It would run at a case temp of about 38 degrees case temp, whereas I run at 24 degrees Celsius case temperature now.
I purchased the Z9 Plus for $59 at a Memory Express near me, and with a $10 dollar mail in rebate I was able to grab it for $49 – so this was a pretty good deal!
What made me choose the Z9 Plus?
Well I started with a rough budget I was going to set aside for a new pc case and this was around $50. So I chose all of the cases in this budget and quickly narrowed down the cases based on a few things I wanted:
- A solid construction (metal or really sturdy hard plastic)
- Good air flow (as to keep the case cool and as dust free as possible)
- Front USB ports Supporting at least USB 2.0 (and at least 2 ports)
- Mid Sized ATX to fit my motherboard
So I have been on a roll lately with gaming hardware arsenal with my purchase of the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma gaming headset (check out my review here) and the Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse (check out my review here). So far I have been very impressed with my hardware choices, and I am still very impressed with my new purchase of the Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard! I purchased the Logitech G510 for a mere $100 (with the regular price being =~$120), however I am now kicking myself as no more than a week later Amazon has it for $84.99 (*slaps myself in face). I honestly would suggest reading the rest of this review if you are interested in a new gaming keyboard, and would like to say right from the start I would highly recommend this keyboard for this price.
Lately I have been ramping up my gaming hardware arsenal as I was feeling a lack of anything in terms of ‘legit’ gaming gear. I started off with purchasing the Creative Sound Blaster Sigma Headset for what I think to be a great headset for its price range and loved it so far. Next I went searching for a great gaming mouse. I started by searching and searching the net through sites and forums to which I deduced I would purchase the Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse. I went with the G500 because no matter where I went it seemed people loved this mouse to pieces. For example Amazon alone has (at the time of writing this) 213 customer reviews ratings it an average of 4.5/5 stars. As far as I’ve seen people seem to be all over the map with which mouse to choose (especially for gaming). At the time I purchased my Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse I paid $59.99 at a local technology retailer by my house, however it seems the prices online right now are around the $50 mark give or take, and from the start here for that price this mouse if definitely worth it. So let’s start off with a general low down on the Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse.
What’s Included In The Box:
Upon opening the Logitech G500 box aside from the mouse there are a few things included. First, like most computer hardware are the instructions books and the included software (which includes the ability to set macros and other functionality to the mouse). A box of weights (up to 27 grams worth), and a weight tray to customize the amount of weight you want to add to the G500 Gaming Mouse.
When searching for a new headset to fulfill all of my listening wants, I finally settled on purchasing the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma headset which cost me $54.99 CAD during NewEgg’s “one week headset savings event”. This saved me a claimed $35. On average I’ve seen the price of these Sigma’s run anywhere from my $54.99 to $85. Before making my online purchase, I did some research before I finally settling on choosing the Sound Blaster Sigma’s based on some headset wants. My new headset wants were pretty specific and I preferred that it included these five things:
My Headset Wants:
- Great usage for gaming
- Listening to music (all kinds)
- Both USB and Analog (For full functionality + to secure usage with my iPod on the go)
- A Microphone that detaches (I want to use my headset for more than gaming / chatting)
- Lastly, I needed a headset that was not too expensive
As you can see I wanted versatility in a new headset. This saves me from purchasing multiple headsets for gaming/chatting/music/etc. Before I get into what I think of the headset, lets go through what these Sounds Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma’s have to offer: