Zalman Z9 Plus Case Review Introduction
Purchase: The Zalman Z9 Plus Case at Amazon
Recently, I bought the Z9 Plus PC case to support my current PC gaming build. Previous to the Z9 I was using a very old case that was given to me by a friend of my girlfriends for free, so at this point in time I thought I should upgrade for a few reasons:
- My old case was VERY loud; although it made it sound very powerful it also sounded like a helicopter prepping take off.
- My older case was quite dusty inside (needed cleaning anyways so since I was going to open up and clean anyways, thought mise well carry everything over to another case at this point in time)
- Finally, the airflow in my other case was terrible. Even though I had fans full fledge 100% of the time, it got hot inside. It would run at a case temp of about 38 degrees case temp, whereas I run at 24 degrees Celsius case temperature now.
What made me choose the Z9 Plus?
Well I started with a rough budget I was going to set aside for a new pc case and this was around $50. So I chose all of the cases in this budget and quickly narrowed down the cases based on a few things I wanted:
- A solid construction (metal or really sturdy hard plastic)
- Good air flow (as to keep the case cool and as dust free as possible)
- Front USB ports Supporting at least USB 2.0 (and at least 2 ports)
- Mid Sized ATX to fit my motherboard