PC Build Navigation:
- $1500 Gaming PC Build
- $1000 Gaming PC Build
- $700 Gaming PC Build
- $500 Gaming PC Build
- Gaming PC Peripherals & Components Ideas
June is here, and you’re looking to build the best possible gaming PC build for the money you have to spend, while maximizing the performance in the games you play with the most modern hardware. That’s what this article is for.
Hardware has been iffy since the whole went into a sort of lockdown, as everyone is looking for extra things to do and more and more people are working remotely – the need for certain PC hardware has gone up. This means some things have been out of stock or rose in price a little. While this has been the case it does seem to be getting better, but it is worth a note.
In the June gaming PC builds of the month, you will find builds anywhere in-between $500, $700, $1000, and $1500. This should accommodate most PC gamers out there that play in a multitude of gaming settings, maxing games anywhere from 1080p, 1440p and play really well into 4K resolutions.
Even though some hardware may be in short supply, there are always alternatives to the recommendations below, such as different and similarly reputable brands, or slight variations in the specifications for a particular piece of hardware. Either way, use these tips when looking:
- All hardware below is linked to Amazon, but you could try other sites to source your hardware or even local marketplaces.
- Consider used hardware, Amazon is great at showing you what’s available right on the product page.
- Look for alternative hardware that serves the same task (for example different brands of the same type of graphics card, different storage brands, or memory brands)
- Questions? Leave a comment here and ask!
Best of luck building your gaming PC build this month!
Have a different budget than either $1500, $1000, $700 or $500?
Which June 2020 PC Build is right for you?
If you are not sure which pc build is right for you based solely on your budget, then here is a quick breakdown on which build may be a right fit for you:
- $1500 PC Build: For gaming at 2K resolutions into 4K
- $1000 PC Build: For gaming MAX settings at 2K resolutions
- $700 PC Build: For gaming at MAX settings 1080p resolutions into 2K
- $500 PC Build: Basically a console killer and will play any game out there, sometimes scaled-down in settings.
Best of luck building the best possible gaming pc build this June 2020, and if you have any questions be sure to leave a comment or simply join our new Facebook Group: Gaming PC Builders Facebook Group.
The Best $1500 Gaming PC Build | June 2020
Performance: Game with Extreme settings and High FPS at resolutions of 1920×1080 (1080P) & 2560×1440 (1440p) + good gameplay at 4K
*This PC Build is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU and RTX 2070 SUPER
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- The world's most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
8 Cores and 16 processing threads, bundled with the AMD
- Wraith Prism cooler with color-controlled LED support
4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of game Cache, ddr-3200 support
For the advanced socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on x570 motherboards
Amazon Price: $274.49
2. Cooler: Stock AMD Wraith Prism Cooler
The Ryzen 3700X is an amazing CPU in so many ways, in that it doesn't necessarily need to be overclocked and comes with a great Wraith Prism Cooler, this saves you with a little more cash for other upgrades! Plus it's a good looking cooler for a stock cooler.
3. Motherboard: ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M. 2 Drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4. 0 m. 2 and USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C.Operating system:Windows 10 64-bit
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802. 11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5. 0, TUF LANGuard and technology
*If this motherboard is not available and alternative could be:
Asus Prime X570-P Ryzen 3 AM4 with PCIe Gen4, Dual M.2 HDMI, SATA 6GB/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 ATX Motherboard
Amazon Price: $189.99
4. Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super Overclocked 8G
The RTX 2070 SUPER is a fantastic graphics card that provides great pc gaming performance at resolutions from 1080-, 1400p and well into 4K should you want to. The 2070 SUPER is better than the 2070, with a GeForce RTX 2080 sized cooler.
Amazon Price: $527.05
16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming pc - included is a 16GB kit of Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz Gaming Kit
Amazon Price: $73.99
- An exclusive WD BLACK SSD dashboard with gaming mode improves game performance.
- Available in capacities ranging from 250GB to 2TB
- Ideal for enthusiasts building custom desktops or gaming rigs
- NVMe drive not compatible with SATA interface
Amazon Price: $163.99
7.Power Supply: ASUS ROG Strix 750 Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold 750W ATX Power Supply with 0dB Axial Tech Fan
- 750W 80 Plus Gold certification for energy efficiency, built with 100% Japanese capacitors for stability and durability
- 0dB cooling with dustproof IP5X Axial-tech fan and integrated ROG heatsinks for cooler operation
- Fully modular cable design including 1x motherboard 24/20 pin, 2x CPU 4+4 pin, 4x PCI-E 6+2 pin, 8x SATA and 3x Molex cables
- Magnetic ROG logo and stickers to customize the visible side of your power supply.AC Input Range:100-240Vac
- 10-Year for core product operation and peace of mind
Amazon Price: $154.99
*If available, I recommend the following instead:
A great, quality power supply that give you all the juice you need to power this pc build - plus this is a platinum efficiency power supply, making is super efficient and it is fully modular (so no messy cables).
- NEW FEATURES: Front I/O USB Type-C Port, Vertical GPU Mount, Tempered glass side panel with single screw installation, and upgraded Smart Device V2
- SMART DEVICE V2: Includes a faster microprocessor for NZXT CAM-powered control of two HUE 2 RGB lighting channels and three fan channels that support either voltage regulated or PWM fans
- VERTICAL GPU MOUNTING: Show off your graphic card with a built-in mounting bracket for installing your GPU vertically *PCIe riser card not included
- ENHANCED CABLE MANAGEMENT: Our patented cable routing kit with pre-installed channels and straps makes wiring easy and intuitive
- MOTHERBOARD SUPPORT: Mini-ITX, MicroATX, and ATX
Amazon Price: $109.98
ESTIMATED PRICE: $1495 (June 2020)
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $1500
The $1500 gaming pc build for June 2020 includes an AMD Ryzen 3700X CPU paired with a powerful RTX 2070 SUPER graphics card, making this a very powerful gaming pc capable of extreme performance in games at the higher of resolutions. Seriously, this build is probably way more than a typical gamer’s needs and should be considered the best of the best unless you are wanting to get into seriously high-end 4K gaming — in that case, simply consider upping the graphics card to something like an RTX 2080 SUPER or RTX 2080 Ti. This build also includes a very good gaming pc case, with great cooling included and more.
$1500 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
Also, check out the hardware alternatives for each build in this article by visiting the full overview page. The $1500 can be further upgraded with other hardware like a higher performing graphics card, more RAM, a better performing storage solution or higher-performing CPU cooler.
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build | June 2020
Capability: Game with Extreme settings at 1920X1080 (HD) resolutions up to Higher Settings at 2560×1440 (2K)
Powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X and the RX 5700 XT 8GB Graphics Card
The AMD Ryzen 5 3600X is a phenomenal gaming processor for the cost. Straight out of the box, it can beat some more expensive cpus in gaming.
Amazon Price: $204.99
2. Cooler (Included): Wraith Spire Cooler
The AMD 3600X comes with a stock cooler that is more than enough.
3. Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard (ATX)
This is a good B450 Motherboard that has many features that support this $1000 build splendidly such as:
- Powered by 2nd generation AMD Ryzen AM4 and 7th generation Athlon processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual NVMe M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2, gigabit LAN and up to 64 Gigabytes of DDR4 (3200 Megahertz)
- 5 Way Optimization with Auto Tuning and Fan Xpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
- Aura Sync RGB lighting plus 2 additional RGB headers provide a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever expanding ecosystem of enabled products
- Industry leading 8 channel HD audio with the ROG exclusive Supreme FX S1220A driven by Japanese capacitors. Operating System Windows 10 64 bit. Audio Feature including optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel, Sonic Radar III, Sonic Studio III + Sonic Studio Link
- Pre mounted I/O shield ensures streamlined installation and represents ROG’s attention to detail and quality
Amazon Price: $129.99
4. Graphics Card: XFX RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation 8GB GDDR6
The RX 5700 Xt Graphics card is a SOLID choice for any gamer out there right now, offering great 1400p gameplay, will max all games at 1080p and plays well even in to 4K. If you can't find any of these available, you could downgrade slightly and go with a non "XT" - AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU.
Amazon Price: $379.99
Included is a total of 16GB in the best $1000 gaming pc build, which will be plenty of memory for this rig.
Amazon Price: $73.99
The Western Digital Black 500GB NVMe is a great NVMe choice in storage in that offers up to 3430 mb/s transfer speeds.
Amazon Price: $79.74
7. Power Supply: ASUS ROG Strix 650 Full Modular 80 Plus Gold 650W
The sweet spot for this build is 650W of juice, and the Assu ROG offers this plus full modularity. At the current cost it may be a tad over priced, but makes the recommendation based on being a newer worthy contender in the PSU space.
Alternatively and if available, you could consider this as well: EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-GQ-0650-V1,Black
650 Watts is enough juice for this gaming pc build and this one comes in at a Gold Rated power efficiency and is partially modular (which in this case doesn't matter at the non-modular cords need to be used).
Amazon Price: $82.12
8. PC Case: Phanteks Eclipse P350X
- Clean interior –PSU Cover & HDDs. Tempered Glass window. Unique exterior design with integrated D-RGB Lighting. Integrated PSU cover
- Fully Equipped with Magnetic Dust Filter. Long GPU Support (380mm/15in). Full Size PSU support. Equipped with 1x Phanteks 120mm Fans. Front I/O (2x USB 3.0, Headphone, Mic, D-RGB LED SW)
- Integrated D-RGB Illumination modes + sync with D-RGB (addressable) motherboards/Phanteks D-RGB products. Optimized high-airflow design
- 2x Front Loaded 3.5" HDD. Supports up to 240/280mm radiator in front. 3x SSD mounting location (2x bracket included)
- Motherboard Support: ATX, uATX, mITX, (E-ATX* - up to 285mm wide). Front I/O: 2x USB 3.0, Mic, Headphone, D-RGB LED SW. Side Window: Yes, Tempered Glass
Amazon Price: $69.99
Estimated Cost (June 2020): $1069
*Note: This is over budget, but on par with our most recent $1000 PC Builds, so expect costs to subside a bit as you should be able to get the performance this pc build promises for around $1000.
Overview | $1000 Best Gaming PC Build 2019
The $1000 build for June 2020 includes a Ryzen 5 3600X CPU, which straight out of the box performs amazingly and even comes with a stock cooler that will be more than enough to cool this pc build down efficiently. The real performance driver behind this build is the included RX 5700 XT 8GB, graphics card which is a phenomenal card for 2K resolution gaming. It may use a bit more power than some other graphics cards on the market but performs so well for the cost.
This $1000 pc build will play games smoothly at high refresh rate 1080p gameplay and really well into 1400p (2K) resolution gameplay.
$1000 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
If you visit the full overview for the best $1000 build you’ll also find hardware alternatives and upgrades. This can be upgraded hardware including a better graphics card, more memory, or even more storage space should you need it.
The Best $700 Gaming PC Build | June 2020
Capability: Game at Smoothly with High settings and FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games.
Powered by the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and a GTX 1660 SUPER Graphics Card
The Ryzen 5 3600 CPU is a superb value coming in with 6 CPU cores and 12 processing threads at 4.1Ghz Max Boost. This is a solid gaming cpu that is priced really well.
Amazon Price: $167.99
*This is an amazing deal right now! If you can get it for $167, snatch it up - but still worth it if it goes back up.
2. Cooler: Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
The Wraith Stealth Cooler is included with the Ryzen 5 3600
3. Motherboard: Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming AMD
- Military grade tuf components like tuf languard, tuf chokes, tuf capacitors, and tuf mosfets maximize durability
- Tuf protection with safe slot and overvoltage protection ensures component stability and dependability
- Unmatched personalization with asus exclusive aura sync RGB lighting and additional RGB header
- 3 year warranty for guaranteed reliability built on military grade engineering
Amazon Price: $89.99
4. Graphics Card: MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Super
OR If it is available or if you can afford it, the RX 5600 XT is a worthy upgrade
The GTX 1660 Super is a fantastic graphics card that is plenty for those wanting a budget gaming pc build that can max most pc games out there at 1080p resolutions without a hiccup at well over 60FPS.
Amazon Price: $249.84
8Gb of RAM is the sweet spot for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $34.99
We have switched back to a high performing NVMe SSD this month - giving you up to 3100mb/s transfer rates.
Amazon Price: $62.99
7. Power Supply Unit: GIGABYTE PB500 80 Plus Bronze 500W, Quiet Fan
Gigabyte is generally known as an awesome motherboard brand, but they also produced this great budget PSU - the PB500 500W PSU, and while the efficiency is only a bronze, it's very quiet and gives you all the juice you need.
Amazon Price: $75.57
- Minimized dimensions for standard ATX : the Master Box Q500L supports standard ATX motherboards and plus, with a body depth and Height of only 386 x 381 millimeter
- Fully perforated chassis : the top, front, rear, and bottom panels are fully perforated to offer airflow for various fan configurations
- Movable I/O panel : orientation for the chassis is versatile, with the option to move the I/O panel to 6 different locations
- Vertical and Horizontal position : the case can be oriented vertically or horizontally while retaining easy access to the I/O; Rubberized screws also function as feet to supplement different orientations
- Vertical PSU placement : the PSU is positioned on the front of the chassis to fully utilize internal space; The bracket can be relocated to offer position options depending on preference and form factor
Amazon Price: $59.99
Estimated Price (June 2020): $741
*A tad over budget this month, but worth the extra cost to keep performance on par with previous month.
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $700
The June 2020 $700 budget gaming pc build is for those who just want to build a solid pc capable of maxing out games at standard HD 1080P resolutions and can easily push well fast 60FPS at 1080P in most PC games on the market right now. The CPU included is the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor and for the graphics card, we have a GTX 1660 SUPER. This build is probably most of what any very typical “I just want to game” gamers out there as it does max games out easily at 1080p standard HD monitor resolutions.
To have the highest performing storage solution, I’ve included the modest 250GB version of the WD Black NVMe SSD, but you can increase that size for not much more or consider cheaper SATA SSD options.
$700 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
The best $700 gaming pc build can be further upgraded — visit the full overview page for a full overview of this build including suggestions for hardware upgrades including a higher-performing CPU, a high performing graphics card for those more intense games or even a better pc case.
The Best $500 Gaming PC Build | June 2020
Capability: Game at Smoothly with Medium-High settings and FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games.
Powered by the Ryzen 5 2600 CPU and an RX 570 Graphics Card
The Ryzen 5 2600 processor is a fantastic value for a $500 gaming pc - coming with 6 cores and 12 threads unlocked, and a frequency of 3.9GHz Max boost an an included Wraith Stealth Cooler.
Amazon Price: $154.76
2. Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
This cooler is included with the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and is more than enough to cool this $500 gaming pc build.
3. Motherboard: MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 D-Sub DVI HDMI Micro-ATX Motherboard (B450M PRO-VDH Max)
A superb small factor budget motherboard that includes everything you need to get up and running with everything and is Ryzen 3rd generation ready.
Amazon Price: $74.99
The RX 570 4GB graphics card hits the spot for a $500 budget pc build -- this card sits right in the middle of the RX 470 and the RX 580, giving you excellent 1080p performance. If you want to pump those gaming graphics further, then opt for an RX 580, but it will cost you more than $500.
Amazon Price: $141.74
8GB for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $34.99
The $500 pc build starts at 250GB and it plenty for those with the $500 budget pc build and there is always room for growth.
Amazon Price: $45.99
7. Power Supply Unit: GIGABYTE PB500 80 Plus Bronze 500W
500W is plenty for this pc build and the Gigabyte PB500 does the trick.
Amazon Price: $55.99
The Cooler Master Q500L is a great little budget Micro ATX sized gaming PC case.
Amazon Price: $59.99
Estimated Price (June 2020): $588
*Note: You should be able to get this build closer to $500. As supplies on certain hardware have been low in the recent month, prices have increased some, but our performance has stayed the same for this PC Build.
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $500
The best possible $500 gaming PC build for June 2020 will get you up and playing at standard HD 1080P resolutions with game setting scaled back for optimal FPS gameplay. So if you are looking for the best bang for your buck $500 pc build, the following hardware is updated every month here at Newb Computer Build.
This gaming PC build is a back to the basics type build that focusses solely on getting as much performance as we can out of each dollar spent. That means no bells and whistles, only pure performance and focusing on the necessities of our build.
This could be considered the gateway PC for those breaking free of the gaming console and jumping into PC gaming – or for those who want an affordable gaming pc that can play any game out there with scaled settings.
$500 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
The best $500 gaming pc build can be further upgraded — visit the full overview page for a full overview of this build including suggestions for hardware upgrades including a higher-performing CPU, or a high performing graphics card.
Gaming PC Peripheral Ideas (Monitors, Mice & Keyboards)
If you are new to pc building, you may not know that over and above the pc hardware included in the pc builds above, you will need some PC peripherals (keyboard, mouse, and monitor) to actually take control of your pc and use it. And furthermore, you will need an operating system (ie. Windows 10).
If you are looking for some suggestions for monitors, mice, or keyboards, or even network adapters, then please visit the Gaming PC Build Peripherals page for some options, or simply ask below.
Operating Systems for Your Gaming PC
Do keep in mind that you will also need an operating system, however, it’s not too difficult to find keys for windows 10 online, you will need to install it using something like a USB key or external drive.
|Windows 10||Microsoft Windows 10 Home USB Flash Drive||$105.00 (You can also download Windows 10 and install on a USB yourself – simply google how to!)||
|Ubuntu (Linux OS)||Ubuntu – Desktop||Free (open source)|
|SteamOS||SteamOS – “Build your own Steam Machine”||Free|
June 2020 Gaming PC Builds of the Month Overview Video
A Step by Step on How to Build a Gaming PC this 2020
Looking for a step by step on how to build your pc? Then check out our article for 2020: A Step by Step on How to Build a Gaming PC this 2020
Or simply watch the following video as we go through a full pc build: