Get revving with the best possible $1000 gaming PC build for 2021. This gaming PC build is a fantastic gaming pc build for those who want to max out PC games at 1080p and 1440p resolutions -- this PC build is just enough for the savvy PC gamer who doesn't want to worry about scaling back on PC game settings.
The hardware below for the $1000 gaming PC build is chosen based on two main things, performance, and quality for the best possible price. All of the hardware is conveniently linked to Amazon.
Best of luck when planning your next gaming PC build for under $1000. Should you have any questions feel free to get in touch or if you are in the market for another budget you can also check out the other pc build budgets
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build 2021
Capability: Game with Extreme settings at 1920X1080 (HD) resolutions up to Higher Settings at 2560x1440 (2K)
Powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X and theRX 5700 XTGraphics Card
The Ryzen 5 5600X is a superb processor for any gaming pc build. If you planning an Intel gaming pc build and would prefer the Intel alternative, you could consider the Intel 11400F -- however, at the moment, this cpu is a tad more expensive than it should be.
Amazon Price: $272.99
2. Cooler: Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
This is the stock cooler that comes with the Ryzen 5600X. If you are wanting to do some overclocking and feel you need a better cooler, you can always add one in (see the hardware alternatives table on the Best $1000 Gaming PC Build page).
Price: *Included with Ryzen 5600X
3. Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M Bazooka Gaming Motherboard
This is a great budget B550 motherboard, in a small form factor.
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4400 MHz)
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2
- Core Boost technology combines optimized power circuit layouts and digital power regulation which allows for precise and steady current delivery to the CPU
- AUDIO BOOST rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming experiences
- Premium Thermal Solution: Extended heatsink with additional choke thermal pad rated for 7W/mk and PCB with 2oz thickened copper
- Flash BIOS Button lets users flash the BIOS even without a CPU or memory. Operating System Support for Windows 10 64-bit
Amazon Price: $109.99
4. Graphics Card: XFX Speedster QICK319 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
The 6700XT replaced the previous card in this build, which was the 3060 Ti. The 6700XT performs a bit better, is in stock and is better priced at the moment. However, if you can find a 3060Ti in stock for less, that would still be a great option as well.
Price: $979 (actual) - $479.99 (RX 6700 XT MSRP)
Alternative Graphics Cards:
- ASRock AMD Radeon RX5600XT ($729.99) - Lesser performing card, but much less!
Included is a total of 16GB in the best $1000 gaming pc build, which will be plenty of memory for this rig, plus it's rated at 3600 MHz, which is a great spot for Ryzen CPUs.
Amazon Price: $84.99
- Capacity: 500GB but up to 2TB with sequential reads/writes up to 2400MB/s/1900MB/s
- NVMe PCIe interface, marking the next step in storage innovation
- Includes SSD management software for performance optimization, data security, and firmware updates
- 5-year limited warranty
Amazon Price: $54.99
7. Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 Ga, 80 Plus Gold 650W, Fully Modular
The sweet spot for this build is 650W of juice, and the EVGA 650 Ga 80 Plus Gold does the trick.
- 80 plus Gold certified, with 90% efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Fully modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow
- 100% Japanese capacitors, LLC resonant circuit design +DC-DC converter design to improve 3.3V./ 5V. Stability
- Double ball Bearing fan and EVGA eco mode for exceptional reliability and quiet operation
- 10 year limited Warranty and unparalleled EVGA Customer Support
Amazon Price: $72.61
8. PC Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A ATX Mid-tower
- Optimal cooling performance with the ultra-fine performance mesh front panel and features a tempered Glass Side panel in a compact Mid-tower
- Spacious open interior: supports up to E-ATX motherboard, 280/360mm radiator in front, vertical GPU mounting support (with PH-VGPUKT_02)
- Two pre-installed high-performance low noise fans with an integrated fan controller with 3-speed fan modes: low, medium, high
- Extensive storage options: 6x HDDs (2x HDD trays included) and 8x SDD (2x dedicated bracket included) mounting locations
- Easy accessibility to I/O featuring 2x USB 3. 0, mic, headphone, power button, reset, and the 3-speed fan controller
Amazon Price: $66.99
Estimated Cost (September 2021): $1150 (with GPU at MSRP) - $1520 (With current GPU Cost)
$1000 Gaming PC Build Details
The $1000 Gaming PC build is a very powerful mid-range pc build worthy of gaming at resolutions anywhere from 1080p to 2K with maxed-out settings. Included is an Intel Core i5-11400F and an RTX 3060 Ti graphics card.
The included gaming CPU this month is the Ryzen 5 5600X, which is a fantastic CPU and an upgrade when compared to previous months in the $1000 build in terms of Ryzen CPUs; However, last month for the first time I included the newer Intel 11400 or 11400F, which one can argue is similar in terms of the Ryzem 5600X in terms of gaming performance. However, the Intel 11400 has proven to be too expensive and doesn't even come with a decent cooler to recommend.
The RX 6700 XT is a very capable graphics card and is great for high-refresh / FPS gaming at 1920 x 1080 and solid performance at 2560 x 1440 (1440p). This GPU is a great choice for 1440p gamers, and a great choice for this $1000 PC Build. However, do look at some of the alternative graphics cards included above in the hardware table under the graphics card section if you can't find one that's affordable or think you need more GPU power.
The motherboard chosen for this build is the MSI MAG B550M Bazoola Gaming Motherboard --this is a great budget B550 motherboard in a small form factor (to learn more, visit MSI.com):
- Supports AMD Ryzen™ 5000 & 3000 Series desktop processors (not compatible with AMD Ryzen™ 5 3400G & Ryzen™ 3 3200G) and AMD Ryzen™ 4000 G-Series desktop processors
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4400+(OC) MHz
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 x4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr
- Premium Thermal Solution: Extended Heatsink Design with additional choke thermal pad rated for 7W/mk and PCB with 2oz thickened copper are built for high performance system and non-stop gaming experience.
- Gigabit LAN with LAN Manager: Upgraded network solution for professional and multimedia use. Delivers a secure, stable and fast network connection
- Enhanced Power Design: 4+2+1 Duet Rail Power System, Digital PWM, Core Boost, DDR4 Boost.
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience.
- Flash BIOS Button with Optmized ClearCMOS Function: Simply use a USB key to flash
The RAM kit included is a 16GB 3600 Mhz Crucial Ballistix kit which is enough memory for most gaming pc builds, and you always have the option to upgrade more in the future if need be with the extra couple of slots on the included gaming motherboard.
The included storage is a Crucial P2 500GB, which is an upgrade over the previously included SATA SSDs in this build, bringing in faster read-write speeds in a smaller form factor.
The power supply unit (PSU) included is the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 Ga. This is the sweet spot for this build and since it's fully modular, it should keep your case clean of unused wires - plus it's decently efficient.
For the gaming pc case, we have a Phanteks Eclipse P400A, which for the cost is an extremely quality case. It has fantastic cooling, a great mesh front panel with an overall very friendly design. To learn more and to see the full specifications, please visit Phanteks.com.
Upgrades for the $1000 Build
Liquid CPU Cooler Upgrade
If you want a more customized cooling experience and want to kick your cpu up a few more notches while keeping it cool, then consider the be quiet! Pure Loop 120mm for this build. Check out our be quiet! Pure Loop Review here.
Graphics Card Upgrade: RTX 3070
You can further pump up those graphics settings by bumping up to an RTX 3070 - it is a tad more expensive, but will provide better frame rates at 1440p and 4K resolutions. *Assuming it is in supply!
Cost Current: $1209.99 - MSRP: $499
Upgrade to a slightly higher performing and more storage capacity Crucial P2 1TB NVMe.
- The world's best gaming desktop processor, with 12 cores and 24 processing threads
- Can deliver elite 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
- Cooler not included, high-performance cooler recommended. Max Temperature- 90°C
- 4.8 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 70 MB of cache, DDR-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards
Above are some suggested upgrade ideas for the best 2021 $1000 gaming PC build. This PC hardware is recommended if you have a larger budget or want some upgrade suggestions later on when you need an upgrade.
The first included is a be quiet! Pure Loop 120 Liquid CPU Cooler. This cooler performs and is a great upgrade should you consider some overclocking on your cpu. You can check out my full review on the 360mm version here.
Want more immediate gaming power -- then the graphics card upgrade is definitely the first upgrade I would take. The upgraded card seen here is the RTX 3070 - now while it is recommended, there are no guarantees it's in stock. So keep checking back on the nvidia.com website if you're interested and sign up for notification to know when it is. This is a part of NVIDIAs latest GPU lineup, however, it's a bit hard to get a hold of at the moment.
If you are looking to bump up your storage space right off the bat, then simply upgrade to the 1TB version of the Crucial P2 NVMe SSD, which doubles your available storage capacity.
Perhaps you need more computing power, then your next best bet is to bump the CPU up to a superb Ryzen 9 5900X, a beast of a cpu.
Best of luck building your best possible $1000 gaming pc build this 2021. If you have any questions be sure to leave a comment or simply join our Facebook Group to help grow a great gaming pc build community: Gaming PC Builders Facebook Group.
Not looking for the best $1000 gaming pc build?
Then check out some of the other gaming pc budgets available: