Last Updated: June 28th, 2020
Looking for a spiffy $1500 gaming pc build? Then you are in the right place. Here you will find the very best up to date $1500 budget gaming pc builds updated monthly here at Newb Computer Build. If you are in the market for a pc build around $1500, then you should be able to expect gameplay that exceeds expectations at resolutions of high FPS 2K resolutions into 4K. That is being able to play pc games at well over 60FPS at 1080p, and 1440p resolutions – so do check the type of monitor you’ll be using.
The hardware below is chosen based on two main things, performance and quality for the best possible price. All of the hardware is conveniently linked to Amazon.
Best of luck when planning your next gaming pc build and should you have any questions feel free to get in touch. If you are in the market for another budget you can also check out the other gaming pc build budgets.
The Best $1500 Gaming PC Build 2020
Performance: Game with Extreme settings and High FPS at resolutions of 1920×1080 (1080P) & 2560×1440 (1440p) + good gameplay at 4K
*This Gaming PC Build is powered by the AMD Ryzen 3700X CPU and an RTX 2070 SUPER Graphics Card
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- The world's most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
8 Cores and 16 processing threads, bundled with the AMD
- Wraith Prism cooler with color-controlled LED support
4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of game Cache, ddr-3200 support
For the advanced socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on x570 motherboards
Amazon Price: $273.74
2. Cooler: Stock AMD Wraith Prism Cooler
The Ryzen 3700X is an amazing CPU in so many ways, in that it doesn't necessarily need to be overclocked and comes with a great Wraith Prism Cooler, this saves you with a little more cash for other upgrades! Plus it's a good looking cooler for a stock cooler.
3. Motherboard:Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
*Note: Some types of motherboards have been low in stock, if the recommended board here is not in stock, try searching for alternative "X570 Motherboard" at a similar cost, these will be compatible with the Ryzen 7 3700X.
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M. 2 Drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4. 0 m. 2 and USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C.Operating system:Windows 10 64-bit
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802. 11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5. 0, TUF LANGuard and technology
*If this motherboard is not available and alternative could be:
Asus Prime X570-P Ryzen 3 AM4 with PCIe Gen4, Dual M.2 HDMI, SATA 6GB/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 ATX Motherboard
Amazon Price: $189.99
4. Graphics Card: MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDRR6ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super Overclocked 8G
The RTX 2070 SUPER is a fantastic graphics card that provides great pc gaming performance at resolutions from 1080-, 1400p and well into 4K should you want to. The 2070 SUPER is better than the 2070, with a GeForce RTX 2080 sized cooler.
Amazon Price: $519.99
16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming pc - included is a 16GB kit of Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz Gaming Kit
Amazon Price: $73.99
- An exclusive WD BLACK SSD dashboard with gaming mode improves game performance.
- Available in capacities ranging from 250GB to 2TB
- Ideal for enthusiasts building custom desktops or gaming rigs
- NVMe drive not compatible with SATA interface
Amazon Price: $134.99
7.Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W 80+ Gold SLI/Crossfire Ready Ultra Quiet Power Supply
- [80+ gold and Intel C6/C7 States ready] - deliver up to 90% efficiency, Gf1 Series optimized to work with all generations of Intel's processors to achieve maximum energy saving
- [Ultra quiet 140mm hydraulic Bearing fan] - self-lubricated hydraulic Bearing PWM fan superior cooling performance and near silent operation
- [Smart zero fan] - auto-regulated fan speed based on power consumption for a quiet and efficient operation. Fan works only when PSU work load goes over 30%. a switch At the back of the PSU can be turned off to have the fan spun constantly
- [16AWG wires] - Upgraded CPU/PCI E main cables (16AWG wires) for high end enthusiasts' Pcs
- [Japanese capacitors] - 100% High quality 105°C (221°F) Japanese capacitors offer the highest stability, durability, and reliability
- [Zero cable platform] - daughterboards are directly soldered to the Motherboard for better heat dissipation and impressive output power quality
- [<30 mV low ripple noise] - low ripple ensures excellent performance and keeps performance-critical components, such as high-end graphic card, operating reliably longer
Amazon Price: $116.26
*If available, I recommend the following instead:
A great, quality power supply that give you all the juice you need to power this pc build - plus this is a platinum efficiency power supply, making is super efficient and it is fully modular (so no messy cables).
Described as being a case that looks and feels way above it's value.
- Front (multi-way fan/radiator bracket): 1 x 360/280/240mm
- Clean interior design. Cable management 2. 0 (cable door covers). smart space utilization for ultimate flexibility
- Upgradable - USB 3. 1 Type C, HDD hot swap
- 4 Way open for easy access to the components
- Material: 0. 8mm SGCC (Exterior, MB tray, and most of the interior) 4. 0mm tempered glass (both sides)
- 3 X 120mm fan included
- Mini-ITX, MicroATX, and ATX
Amazon Price: $100.99
ESTIMATED PRICE: $1410 (July 2020)
$1500 Build Details
The above pc build is the best possible build you can get for $1500 for gaming, which will get you amazing performance in higher resolution pc gaming.
So you may have noticed that Intel recently released some spiffy new CPUs under the codenamed Comet Lake, however, none of these made it into our builds this month as they don’t seem to provide the full robustness that we’ve been getting from the third generation Ryzens. This pc build offers the solid power of the Ryzen 3700X Gaming CPU, which has an 8-core, 16-thread setup with a boost clock of 4.4GhZ and included with this CPU is a stock Wraith Cooler, which can be all you need to keep this powerful build going strong. What’s also really cool is that the Wraith Cooler also has RGB lighting, which obviously adds more power — if not that, it’s a great addition to a great performing cpu.
Paired with the 3700X CPU, we have an RTX 2070 SUPER. The RTX 2070 utilizes GDDR6 memory, which is the new generation of memory and blasts the socks of any game you’ll throw at it.
The motherboard included is an ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus, which is a newer X570 motherboard capable of so much. Including next-generation PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 gen 2, and Aura Sync RGB lighting. The brief list of specifications are as follows (learn more at asus.com):
- AMD AM4 Socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD RyzenTM processors
- Enhanced Power Solution: Military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4
- Next-Gen Connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, exclusive Realtek® L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- Realtek S1200A Codec: Features an unprecedented 108dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line-out and a 103dB SNR for the line-in, providing pristine audio quality
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including addressable RGB strips
- TUF Gaming Alliance: ASUS hardware ecosystem ensures the best compatibility and complementary aesthetics from components to case
The $1500 pc build sports a total of 16GB of Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz Memory. For storage, included is a Western Digital Black 1TB NVMe SSD, which isn’t bad for a budget NVMe drive and definitely not bad if you are used to standard SATA SSD’s.
To power, this superb pc build, the Included power supply this month is the Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W Gold Rated power supply. Power supplies have been thought to come by these days, and this one has all the power you need and features that are nice, like being fully modular. If these are not available, try looking for reputable 650W + powers supplies. For a better alternative and only if it is in stock (as it has been harder to come by lately), you could consider an EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2.
The PC case included is a Lian Li LANCOOL 2 Black – this PC case offers phenomenal value for what it is with a clean interior design, plenty of upgrade room, and one that has been described as being a case that looks and feels well above its value. To read the full specifications, please visit Lian-Li.com.
Upgrades for the Best $1500 PC Build
The above build should fit nicely into a $1500 pc build budget, however, what if you have more to spend or want some upgrade ideas for in the future when you do have more to spend – well that’s where the best $1500 PC Build alternatives come into play.
The below hardware upgrades are compatible with the above pc build should you need more CPU, GPU, memory, cooling or storage performance.
CPU Upgrade Upgrade (HIGH PERFORMANCE)
Take advantage of a higher performing CPU that offers blazing fast computing speeds with 16 Cores and 32 processing threads, The most processing power you can get in mainstream desktop.
*Note: if you go with this CPU, you will NEED a cpu cooler as it doesn't come with one - one example is the H100i you see below, but there are more affordable ones.
RTX 2080 SUPER Graphics Card Upgrade
Think you're going to be serious about 4K resolution gaming, then consider the RTX 2080 Super. Get even more gaming performance simply by upgrading your graphics card.
Memory Upgrade: Get More RAM at Faster Speeds
Think you may want more than 16GB of RAM in your $1500 gaming pc build? Then pump it up to a higher bandwidth 3600Mhz 32GB kit of RAM.
RGB Liquid CPU Cooler Upgrade
Looking for some custom RGB lighting and a liquid cpu cooler -- then this could do the trick. Get a more customized a better cooling experience switching to a liquid cpu cooler!
M.2 SSD Storage Upgrade - Faster & More Capacity
Upgrade your storage to a PCIe M.2 internal SSD to take advantage of an increase in read and write speeds of up to 3500MB./s Read and 2700MB/s Write speeds. This Samsung 970 PRO is the best and highest performing M.2 drive -- up your storage capacity and storage performance.