Last Updated: February 1st, 2020
Looking for a spiffy $1500 gaming pc build? Then you are in the right place. Here you will find the very best up to date $1500 budget gaming pc builds updated monthly here at Newb Computer Build. If you are in the market for a pc build around $1500, then you should be able to expect gameplay that exceeds expectations at resolutions of high FPS 2K resolutions into 4K. That is being able to play pc games at well over 60FPS at 1080p, and 1440p resolutions – so do check the type of monitor you’ll be using.
The hardware below is chosen based on two main things, performance and quality for the best possible price. All of the hardware is conveniently linked to Amazon.
Best of luck when planning your next gaming pc build and should you have any questions feel free to get in touch. If you are in the market for another budget you can also check out the other gaming pc build budgets.
The Best $1500 Gaming PC Build 2020
Performance: Game with Extreme settings and High FPS at resolutions of 1920×1080 (1080P) & 2560×1440 (1440p) + good gameplay at 4K
*This Gaming PC Build is powered by the AMD Ryzen 3700X CPU and an RTX 2070 SUPER Graphics Card
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- The world's most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
8 Cores and 16 processing threads, bundled with the AMD
- Wraith Prism cooler with color-controlled LED support
4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of game Cache, ddr-3200 support
For the advanced socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on x570 motherboards
Amazon Price: $324.99
2. Cooler: Stock AMD Wraith Prism Cooler
The Ryzen 3700X is an amazing CPU in so many ways, in that it doesn't necessarily need to be overclocked and comes with a great Wraith Prism Cooler, this saves you with a little more cash for other upgrades! Plus it's a good looking cooler for a stock cooler.
3. Motherboard: ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M. 2 Drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4. 0 m. 2 and USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C.Operating system:Windows 10 64-bit
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802. 11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5. 0, TUF LANGuard and technology
Amazon Price: $189.99
4. Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming, 08G-P4-3071-KR, 8GB GDDR6
The RTX 2070 SUPER is a fantastic graphics card that provides great pc gaming performance at resolutions from 1080-, 1400p and well into 4K should you want to. The 2070 SUPER is better than the 2070, with a GeForce RTX 2080 sized cooler.
Amazon Price: $519.99
5. RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GBx2) CL15 BLS2K8G4D30AESBK (Gray)
16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming pc - included is a 16GB kit of Crucial Balistix SPORT LT 3000Mhz memory.
Amazon Price: $71.50
6. SSD: Samsung 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology (MZ-V7E1T0BW), Black/RedCrucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD - CT1000P1SSD8
This month we have the 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD, which is a great mid-range NVME M.2 SSD offering speeds of up to 3500MB/s (read) and 2500MB/s (write).
Amazon Price: $168.99
7. Power Supply: CORSAIR RMX Series, RM750x, 750 Watt, 80+
A great, quality power supply that give you all the juice you need to power this pc build with a high efficiency 80 PLUS Gold Certified stamp of approval. Included is a zero RPM fan mode giving you a quiet cooling experience.
Amazon Price: $119.88
8. PC Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Pro 5 RGB ATX Mid-Tower w/Front DarkMirror Panel, Tempered Glass Side Panel & 3X 120mm RGB Fans w/1 to 3 Splitter Cable
The Cooler Master MasterBOx 5 is a perfect gaming case. It includes a front Dark Mirrior Panel, a Tempered Glass Side Panel and includes 3, 120mm RGB Fans - giving you a a great glimpse into your build, with great cooling and an included RGB look.
Amazon Price: $84.99
ESTIMATED PRICE: $1482 (February 2020)
$1500 Build Details
The above pc build is the best possible build you can get for $1500 for gaming, which will get you amazing performance in higher resolution pc gaming.
This pc build offers the solid power of the Ryzen 3700X Gaming CPU, which has an 8-core, 16-thread setup with a boost clock of 4.4GhZ and included with this CPU is a stock Wraith Cooler, which can be all you need to keep this powerful build going strong. What’s also really cool is that the Wraith Cooler also has RGB lighting, which obviously adds more power — if not that, it’s a great addition to a great performing cpu.
Paired with the 3700X CPU, we have an RTX 2070 SUPER. The RTX 2070 utilizes GDDR6 memory, which is the new generation of memory and blasts the socks of any game you’ll throw at it.
The motherboard included is an ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus, which is a newer X570 motherboard capable of so much. Including next-generation PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 gen 2, and Aura Sync RGB lighting. The brief list of specifications are as follows (learn more at asus.com):
- AMD AM4 Socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD RyzenTM processors
- Enhanced Power Solution: Military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4
- Next-Gen Connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, exclusive Realtek® L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- Realtek S1200A Codec: Features an unprecedented 108dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line-out and a 103dB SNR for the line-in, providing pristine audio quality
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including addressable RGB strips
- TUF Gaming Alliance: ASUS hardware ecosystem ensures the best compatibility and complementary aesthetics from components to case
For storage, included is a super-fast and afford M.2 NVME drive — the Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD. This SSD delivers up to 3500MB/s Read Speeds and 2500MB/s Write.
To power, this superb pc build, the Included power supply this month is the Corsair RMX750x 750 Watt 80+ GOLD power supply. This is a highly efficient gold rated PSU that is fully modular, making this a clutter-free PSU.
The PC case included is a superbly great looking Cooler Master Masterbox pro 5 RGB. This case looks fantastic from back to front to side to side. The case has some great RGB lighting control, 4mm thick tempered glass and dark mirrored front panel — making this an overall, really great looking gaming pc case. learn more about the Cooler Master Masterbox 5 Pro 5 RGB at coolermaster.com.
Upgrades for the Best $1500 PC Build
The above build should fit nicely into a $1500 pc build budget, however what if you have more to spend or want some upgrade ideas for in the future when you do have more to spend – well that’s where the best $4500 PC Build alternatives come into play.
The below hardware are upgrades compatible with the above pc build should you need more cpu, gpu, memory, cooling or storage performance.
CPU Upgrade Upgrade (HIGH PERFORMANCE)
Take advantage of a higher performing CPU that offers blazing fast computing speeds with 16 Cores and 32 processing threads, The most processing power you can get in mainstream desktop.
RTX 2080 Graphics Card Upgrade
Think you're going to be serious about 4K resolution gaming, then consider the RTX 2080 Ti. Get even more gaming performance simply by upgrading your graphics card.
Memory Upgrade: Get More RAM at Faster Speeds
Think you may want more than 16GB of RAM in your $1500 gaming pc build? Then pump it up to a higher bandwidth 32GB kit of RAM. This is a solid 4000Mhz Kit of memory capable of high overclocks.
RGB Liquid CPU Cooler Upgrade
Looking for some custom RGB lighting and a liquid cpu cooler -- then this could do the trick. Get a more customized a better cooling experience switching to a liquid cpu cooler!
M.2 SSD Storage Upgrade - Faster & More Capacity
Upgrade your storage to a PCIe M.2 internal SSD to take advantage of an increase in read and write speeds of up to 3500MB./s Read and 2700MB/s Write speeds. This Samsung 970 PRO is the best and highest performing M.2 drive -- up your storage capacity and storage performance.