Last Updated: February 1st, 2021
Looking for a spiffy $1500 gaming pc build? Then you are in the right place. Here you will find the very best up to date $1500 budget gaming pc builds updated monthly here at Newb Computer Build. If you are in the market for a pc build for around $1500, then you should be able to expect gameplay that exceeds expectations at resolutions of high FPS 2K resolutions into 4K. That is being able to play pc games at well over 60FPS at 1080p, and 1440p resolutions – so do check the type of monitor you’ll be using.
The hardware below is chosen based on two main things, performance, and quality for the best possible price. All of the hardware is conveniently linked to Amazon.
Best of luck when planning your next gaming pc build and should you have any questions feel free to get in touch. If you are in the market for another budget you can also check out the other gaming pc build budgets.
The Best $1500 Gaming PC Build 2021
Performance: Game with Extreme settings and High FPS at resolutions of 1920×1080 (1080P) & 2560×1440 (1440p) + good gameplay at 4K
*This Gaming PC Build is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU and an RTX 3070 Graphics Card
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
*Note: Stock is low on this, so it may be hard to get one at the moment but February should bring more availability! See below alternative if need be.
- AMD's fastest 6 core processor for mainstream desktop, with 12 processing threads
- Can deliver elite 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
- Bundled with the quiet, capable AMD Wraith Stealth cooler
- 4.6 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 35 MB of cache, DDR-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards
Amazon Price: $381.45
***Alternative if no stock / Equivalent CPU option: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X ($325)
The 3700x has been included in this build for a long while and is still great, so if you want to still go with it you can, especially if you find it on sale!
- The world's most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
8 Cores and 16 processing threads, bundled with the AMD
- Wraith Prism cooler with color-controlled LED support
4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of game Cache, ddr-3200 support
For the advanced socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on x570 motherboards
2. Cooler: Stock AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler
The Ryzen 5600X is an amazing CPU in so many ways, in that it doesn't necessarily need to be overclocked and comes with a great Wraith Stealth Cooler, this saves you with a little more cash for other upgrades!
3. Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite Wi-Fi
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 12+2 phases digital VRM solution with DrMOS
- Advanced heatsink design with enlarge heatsink
- Dual ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with single thermal guards
- Memory storage capacity: 1000 TB
Amazon Price: $199.99
4. Graphics Card: ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge
*If not in stock: Search for other RTX 3070's in stock
*Note: Stock on these newer GPU's has been limited, so keep checking for other RTX 3070 cards as well. The RTX 3070 is a newer graphics card that absolutely performs amazingly in all games at higher resolutions. You can also keep checking the actual NVIDIA.com listings to see if they are in stock here.
Guestimated Price: $530
Alternative Graphics Card: MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDRR6
*If not in stock: Search for other RTX 2070's in stock
If you want a graphics card right away and there are not RTX 3070's available, an alternative could be the older RTX 2070 SUPER. *Do note, that because of the major limited supply levels in all of the newer graphics cards, people seem to also be buying up the older ones as well. This leaves you with three options - wait for stock, buy used, or pay way too much from a scalper!
If you are having trouble finding a graphics card, here's a useful resource: Tomshardware's GPU Ranking hierarchy
16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming pc - included is a 16GB kit of Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz Gaming Kit - the perfect speed of RAM for this build.
What is the best RAM speed for gaming? Learn more about the best RAM speed for gaming with Ryzen 3000 CPUs in our recent article here.
Amazon Price: $82.99
- Capacity: Up to 2TB with sequential reads/writes up to 2,000/1,700 MB/s
- NVMe PCIe interface marks the next step in storage innovation
- Micron 3D NAND advancing the World's memory and storage technology for 40 years
- NVMe Standard Self Monitoring and Reporting Technology (Smart)
- Redundant Array of Independent NAND (RAIN)
Amazon Price: $104.95
7.Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+, 80 Plus Gold 750W, Fully Modular PSU
- EVGA 750 G+ - "The New Gold Standard for Performance and Value" - JonnyGURU quoted “We were promised Gold but this one did Platinum”.
- 80 PLUS Gold certified, with 90% (115VAC)/92% (220VAC~240VAC) efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Fan Size/Bearing: 135mm fluid Dynamic Bearing
- Heavy-duty protections, including OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP, and OTP
- 10 year Warranty
Amazon Price: $125.99
*If available, I also recommend the following instead (based on the cost of course):
A great, quality power supply that gives you all the juice you need to power this pc build - plus this is a platinum efficiency power supply, making is super efficient and it is fully modular (so no messy cables).
8. PC Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB
The Corsair iCUE 220T has become a bit of an iconic case these days and for good reason. The Corsair 220T includes 3 SP120 RGB PRO fans providing not only great airflow as is, but also has full customizable aRGB fans that look amazing. Learn more at corsair.com.
- Improve your system's cooling with a high airflow layout complete with a steel grill front panel for optimal air intake
- Light up your PC with three included Corsair SP120 RGB Pro fans each lined with eight individually addressable LEDs around the hub (24 total)
- The included lighting Node core controls your RGB lighting making for brilliant lighting effects right out of the box with Corsair iCUE software
- The 220T RGB airflow’s solid steel construction and front plate ensure sturdy and resilient durability along with a striking look
- An edge-to-edge tempered glass side panel window showcases your PC's components and RGB lighting. Compatible corsair liquid coolers-H55, H60, H75, H80i, H90, H100i, H105, H110i, H115i, H150i
Amazon Price: $104.99
ESTIMATED PRICE: $1530 (February 2021)
$1500 Build Details
The above gaming PC build is the best possible build you can get for $1500 for gaming, which will get you amazing performance in higher resolution pc gaming.
We have now introduced the brand spanking new Ryzen 5 5600X CPU to the $1500 gaming pc build, which is AMD’s fastest 6 core processor with 12 processing threads. However, if it’s not in stock, no fret, as you can always still go with a Ryzen 7 3700X for around the same cost. The Ryzen 5 5600X is a newer CPU and has performed phenomenally in gaming benchmarks, offering a 4.6GHz max boost, which is unlocked for overclocking.
Paired with the Ryzen 5 5600X CPU, is also a very exciting inclusion – the brand new RTX 3070 graphics card. This card can easily max games out in any game at 1440p and plays well into 4K resolution, hitting easily 60fps in some mainstream games. Since this graphics card has been one of the most popular GPU’s for 2021, it might be hard to get your hands on. However, they are coming into stock now and then so keep trying. Or if you’re impatient, you could consider an older-gen RTX 2070 Super, noting that it performs quite good, but not as good as the RTX 3070.
The motherboard included if a GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite Wi-Fi, which is an X570 motherboard capable of so much. Including next-generation PCIe 4.0 M.2 (two of them), USB 3.2 gen 2, and so much more. See the full specifications at Gigabyte.com.
- Supports AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series/ 3rd Gen Ryzen™/ 2nd Gen Ryzen™/ 3nd Gen Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ 2nd Gen Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 12+2 Phases Digital VRM Solution with DrMOS
- Advanced Heatsink Design with Enlarge Heatsink
- Dual Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with Single Thermal Guards
- High-Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with LED Trace Path Lighting
- Intel® Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator
- Intel® Dual Band 802.11ac WIFI & BT 4.2
- RGB FUSION 2.0 with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show Design, Supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors, Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Front USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C™ Header & HDMI 2.0 support
- Integrated I/O Shield Armor
- Q-Flash Plus update BIOS Without Installing CPU, Memory and Graphics card
The $1500 pc build sports a total of 16GB of Crucial Ballistix 2600 Mhz Memory. For storage, included is a Crucial P1 1TB NVMe SSD, which isn’t bad for a budget NVMe drive and definitely not bad if you are used to standard SATA SSD’s.
To power, this superb pc build, the Included power supply this month is the Corsair RMX 750x 750 Watt PSU. For a better alternative and only if it is in stock (as it has been harder to come by lately), you could consider an EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2, that is, if it doesn’t cost too much.
The PC case included is a Corsair iCUE 220T RGB pc case. This is a cool-looking, high airflow case that looks superb. Included is 3 SP120 RGB fans to keep the case exceedingly cool, this amazing-looking RGB style. Check out the full specifications at Corsair.com.
Upgrades for the Best $1500 PC Build
The above build should fit nicely into a $1500 pc build budget, however, what if you have more to spend or want some upgrade ideas for in the future when you do have more to spend – well that’s where the best $1500 PC Build alternatives come into play.
The below hardware upgrades are compatible with the above pc build should you need more CPU, GPU, memory, cooling or storage performance.
GPU Upgrade: RTX 3080 (*New release)
You may have heard the hype - but NVIDIA has just released this bad boy, the RTX 3080, offering speeds of over 30% faster than the previous RTX 2080 ti for about $500 cheaper. Holy cow. The only thing...it might be hard to get your hands on!
Cost: Starting at $1449 (Limited availability at the moment)
CPU Upgrade Upgrade (HIGH PERFORMANCE)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x *not in stock yet, coming soon!
The Ryzen 9 5900x isn;t exactly in stock at the moment of writing this, but it will be soon, so if you are looking to get even more CPU performance out of your gaming pc - then you may want to wait for this!
Cost: *Projected at $549.99
Memory Upgrade: Get More RAM
Think you may want more than 16GB of RAM in your $1500 gaming pc build? Then pump it up to a higher bandwidth 32GB kit of RAM and customize your rig’s color scheme with 16 RGB LEDs in 8 zones on each module with this RAM kit.
Liquid CPU Cooler Upgrade:
Looking for some custom RGB lighting and a liquid cpu cooler -- then this could do the trick. PLUS this cooler has the added feature of a customizable LCD Display.
Best of luck building your best possible $1500 gaming pc build this 2021. If you have any questions be sure to leave a comment or simply join our Facebook Group to help grow a great gaming pc build community: Gaming PC Builders Facebook Group.