Last Updated: December 29th, 2020
Looking for a spiffy $1500 gaming pc build? Then you are in the right place. Here you will find the very best up to date $1500 budget gaming pc builds updated monthly here at Newb Computer Build. If you are in the market for a pc build for around $1500, then you should be able to expect gameplay that exceeds expectations at resolutions of high FPS 2K resolutions into 4K. That is being able to play pc games at well over 60FPS at 1080p, and 1440p resolutions – so do check the type of monitor you’ll be using.
The hardware below is chosen based on two main things, performance, and quality for the best possible price. All of the hardware is conveniently linked to Amazon.
Best of luck when planning your next gaming pc build and should you have any questions feel free to get in touch. If you are in the market for another budget you can also check out the other gaming pc build budgets.
The Best $1500 Gaming PC Build 2021
Performance: Game with Extreme settings and High FPS at resolutions of 1920×1080 (1080P) & 2560×1440 (1440p) + good gameplay at 4K
*This Gaming PC Build is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU and an RTX 3070 Graphics Card
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
*Note: Stock is low on this, so it may be hard to get one at the moment! See below alternative.
- AMD's fastest 6 core processor for mainstream desktop, with 12 processing threads
- Can deliver elite 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
- Bundled with the quiet, capable AMD Wraith Stealth cooler
- 4.6 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 35 MB of cache, DDR-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards
Amazon Price: $299.99
***Alternative / Equivalent CPU option: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X ($334)
The 3700x has been included in this build for a long while and is still great, so if you want to still go with it you can, especially if you find it on sale!
- The world's most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
8 Cores and 16 processing threads, bundled with the AMD
- Wraith Prism cooler with color-controlled LED support
4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of game Cache, ddr-3200 support
For the advanced socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on x570 motherboards
2. Cooler: Stock AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler
The Ryzen 5600X is an amazing CPU in so many ways, in that it doesn't necessarily need to be overclocked and comes with a great Wraith Stealth Cooler, this saves you with a little more cash for other upgrades!
3. Motherboard: Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
*Note: Some types of motherboards have been low in stock, if the recommended board here is not in stock, try searching for an alternative "X570 Motherboard" at a similar cost, these will be compatible with the Ryzen 5 5600X
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M. 2 Drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4. 0 m. 2 and USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C.Operating system:Windows 10 64-bit
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802. 11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5. 0, TUF LANGuard and technology
Amazon Price: $189.99
4. Graphics Card: ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge
*Note: Stock on these newer gpu's has been limited, so keep checking for other RTX 3070 cards as well. The RTX 3070 is a newer graphics card that absolutely performs amazingly in all games at higher resolutions. You can also keep checking the actual NVIDIA.com listings to see if they are in stock here.
Guestimated Price: $530
Alternative Graphics Card: MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDRR6
If you want a graphics card right away and there are not RTX 3070's available, an alternative could be the older RTX 2070 SUPER. *Do note, that because of the major limited supply levels in all of the newer graphics cards, people seem to also be buying up the older ones as well. This leaves you with three options - wait for stock, buy used, or pay way too much from a scalper!
If you are having trouble finding a graphics card, here's a useful resource: Tomshardware's GPU Ranking hierarchy
16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming pc - included is a 16GB kit of Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz Gaming Kit - the perfect speed of RAM for this build.
What is the best RAM speed for gaming? Learn more about the best RAM speed for gaming with Ryzen 3000 CPUs in our recent article here.
Amazon Price: $86.99
- Capacity: Up to 2TB with sequential reads/writes up to 2,000/1,700 MB/s
- NVMe PCIe interface marks the next step in storage innovation
- Micron 3D NAND advancing the World's memory and storage technology for 40 years
- NVMe Standard Self Monitoring and Reporting Technology (Smart)
- Redundant Array of Independent NAND (RAIN)
Amazon Price: $99.99
7.Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+, 80 Plus Gold 750W, Fully Modular PSU
- EVGA 750 G+ - "The New Gold Standard for Performance and Value" - JonnyGURU quoted “We were promised Gold but this one did Platinum”.
- 80 PLUS Gold certified, with 90% (115VAC)/92% (220VAC~240VAC) efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Fan Size/Bearing: 135mm fluid Dynamic Bearing
- Heavy-duty protections, including OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP, and OTP
- 10 year Warranty
Amazon Price: $113.99
*If available, I also recommend the following instead (based on the cost of course):
A great, quality power supply that gives you all the juice you need to power this pc build - plus this is a platinum efficiency power supply, making is super efficient and it is fully modular (so no messy cables).
8. PC Case: NZXT H510i Mid Tower Gaming PC Case
The NZXT H510i is a staple gaming case amongst gaming PC builders over the last year. This is because this case is based on the iconic H series from NZXT and features plenty of smart device and RGB supports and includes 2 integrated addressable LED strips for a sweet look. Learn more at NZXT.com.
- New features: Front I/O USB Type-C Port, Vertical GPU Mount, Tempered glass side panel with single screw installation, and upgraded Smart Device V2
- Smart device v2: Includes a faster microprocessor for NZXT CAM-powered control of two HUE 2 RGB lighting channels and three fan channels that support either voltage regulated or PWM fans
- Vertical GPU mounting: Show off your graphic card with a built-in mounting bracket for installing your GPU vertically PCIe riser card not included
- Enhanced cable management: Our patented cable routing kit with pre-installed channels and straps makes wiring easy and intuitive
- Motherboard support: Mini-ITX, MicroATX, and ATX
Amazon Price: $99.99
ESTIMATED PRICE: $1454 (January 2021)
$1500 Build Details
The above gaming PC build is the best possible build you can get for $1500 for gaming, which will get you amazing performance in higher resolution pc gaming.
We have now introduced the brand spanking new Ryzen 5 5600X CPU to the $1500 gaming pc build, which is AMD’s fastest 6 core processor with 12 processing threads. However, if it’s not in stock, no fret,, as you can always still go wi Ryzen 7 3700X for around the same cost. The Ryzen 5 5600X is a newer CPU and has performed phenomenally in gaming benchmarks, offering a 4.6GHz max boost, which is unlocked for overclocking.
Paired with the Ryzen 5 5600X CPU, is also a very exciting inclusion – the brand new RTX 3070 graphics card. This card can easily max games out in any game at 1440p and plays well into 4K resolution, hitting easily 60fps in some mainstream games.
The motherboard included is an ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus, which is a newer X570 motherboard capable of so much. Including next-generation PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 gen 2, and Aura Sync RGB lighting. The brief list of specifications are as follows (learn more at asus.com):
- AMD AM4 Socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD RyzenTM processors
- Enhanced Power Solution: Military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4
- Next-Gen Connectivity: Dual PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, exclusive Realtek® L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- Realtek S1200A Codec: Features an unprecedented 108dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line-out and a 103dB SNR for the line-in, providing pristine audio quality
- Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including addressable RGB strips
- TUF Gaming Alliance: ASUS hardware ecosystem ensures the best compatibility and complementary aesthetics from components to case
The $1500 pc build sports a total of 16GB of Corsair Vengeance 3600 Mhz Memory. For storage, included is a Western Digital Black 1TB NVMe SSD, which isn’t bad for a budget NVMe drive and definitely not bad if you are used to standard SATA SSD’s.
To power, this superb pc build, the Included power supply this month is the EVGA 750 G+ 750 Watt PSU. Power supplies have been thought to come by these days, and this one has all the power you need and features that are nice, like being fully modular. If these are not available, try looking for reputable 750W + power supplies. For a better alternative and only if it is in stock (as it has been harder to come by lately), you could consider an EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2.
The PC case included is an NZXT H510i Mid Tower, which has been a staple for builds for a while now seeing as it’s an iconic H series from NZXT featuring great airflow and support for smart devices and cool RGB support (including a strip in the case).
Upgrades for the Best $1500 PC Build
The above build should fit nicely into a $1500 pc build budget, however, what if you have more to spend or want some upgrade ideas for in the future when you do have more to spend – well that’s where the best $1500 PC Build alternatives come into play.
The below hardware upgrades are compatible with the above pc build should you need more CPU, GPU, memory, cooling or storage performance.
GPU Upgrade: RTX 3080 (*New release)
You may have heard the hype - but NVIDIA has just released this bad boy, the RTX 3080, offering speeds of over 30% faster than the previous RTX 2080 ti for about $500 cheaper. Holy cow. The only thing...it might be hard to get your hands on!
Cost: Starting at $1449 (Limited availability at the moment)
CPU Upgrade Upgrade (HIGH PERFORMANCE)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x *not in stock yet, coming soon!
The Ryzen 9 5900x isn;t exactly in stock at the moment of writing this, but it will be soon, so if you are looking to get even more CPU performance out of your gaming pc - then you may want to wait for this!
Cost: *Projected at $549.99
Memory Upgrade: Get More RAM
Think you may want more than 16GB of RAM in your $1500 gaming pc build? Then pump it up to a higher bandwidth 32GB kit of RAM and customize your rig’s color scheme with 16 RGB LEDs in 8 zones on each module with this RAM kit.
Liquid CPU Cooler Upgrade:
Looking for some custom RGB lighting and a liquid cpu cooler -- then this could do the trick. PLUS this cooler has the added feature of a customizable LCD Display.