Last Updated: October 1st, 2019
Get revving with the best possible $1000 gaming pc build, updated monthly. This gaming pc build is a really good build for those who want to max out pc games at 1080p and 1440p resolutions — this pc build is just enough for the savvy pc gamer who doesn’t want to worry about scaling back on pc game settings.
The hardware below for the $1000 gaming pc build is chosen based on two main things, performance and quality for the best possible price. All of the hardware is conveniently linked to Amazon.
Best of luck when planning your next gaming pc build for under $1000. Should you have any questions feel free to get in touch or if you are in the market for another budget you can also check out the other pc build budgets.
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build 2019
Capability: Game with Extreme settings at 1920X1080 (HD) resolutions up to Higher Settings at 2560×1440 (2K)
Powered by the AMD 3600X and the RX 5700 (8GB) Graphics Card
The newer AMD Ryzen 5 3600X is a phenomenal gaming processor for the cost. Straight out of the box, it can beat the Intel 9600X in many tasks in gaming and productivity and includes a stock cooler.
Amazon Price: $234.99
2. Cooler (Included): Wraith Spire Cooler
The AMD 3600X comes with a stock cooler that is more than enough.
3. Motherboard: MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 DVI HDMI Crossfire ATX Motherboard (B450 Tomahawk)
*Note: this motherboard may require you to flash to BIOS to support the included Ryzen 3600X CPU -- this is super easy. Visit this article at msi.com to learn how.
This is a fantastic B450 motherboard, that is both an affordable and feature rich board to pair with the AMD 3600X CPU. Keeping in mind that it is a B450 motherboard, it may require a BIOS update initially.
Amazon Price: $114.99
The RX 5700 GPU is the card offers solid gaming performance at 2K resolutions or high FPS resolution at 1080p.
Amazon Price: $329.99
5. RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2666 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 8GB (4GBx2) CL16 BLS2K4G4D26BFSC (White)8Gb HyperX Kingston Technology FURY 2666MHz DDR4
8Gb of RAM is a perfect amount for this gaming pc build, with plenty of room for more should you need later on.
Amazon Price: $38.99
The Crucial MX500 is a solid SSD storage solution and this particular one comes with 1TB of space for a great price!
Amazon Price: $107.99
7. Power Supply: Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650FX 650W 80+ Gold
650 Watts is enough juice for this gaming pc build.
Amazon Price: $99.99
8. PC Case: Thermaltake H200 Tempered Glass Snow Edition RGB Light Strip ATX Mid Tower Case with One 120mm Rear Fan Pre-Installed CA-1M3-00M6WN-00Apevia X-HARMONY-BL Mid Tower with Full-Size
Thermaltake H200 TG Snow RGB ATX Mid Tower Chassis is designed with the concept of clean, simple, and sleek look which can fulfill basic but important needs from PC builders - designed for those who want a clean sleek look that delivers a superb cooling experience.
Amazon Price: $79.99
Estimated Cost (October 2019): $1006.89
$1000 Build Details
The $1000 pc build is a very powerful mid-range pc build worthy of gaming at resolutions anywhere from 1080p to 2K with maxed-out settings. Included is an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X CPU and RX 5700 8GB GPU.
The included gaming CPU this month is the AMD Ryzen 5 3600X cpu. This gaming CPU is a great choice and purchase for the cost and beats the Intel 9600K in many applications straight out of the box. The 3600X comes with a stock cooler that should be more than enough to keep this beast cooler enough while gaming — making this a fantastic, great value gaming CPU capable of powering this $1000 pc build.
The RX 5700 is a very capable graphics card and is the card to beat for high-refresh / FPS gaming at 1920 x 1080 and solid performance at 2560 x 1440 (1440p). This GPU was released not long ago and has performed very well in many benchmarks — marking this as a great choice for 1400p gamers, and a great choice for this $1000 PC Build.
The motherboard chosen for this build is the B450 TOMAHAWK by MSI — this motherboard is both an affordable and feature-rich board. That’s because we decided to go with a slightly older B450 motherboard, which may require a BIOS update to accommodate the newer AMD 3600X cpu. This is fine because it has so much to offer, rather than choosing a newer compatible motherboard that would be both more expensive and not as robust in features. The TOMAHAWK features (learn more at msi.com):
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD® Ryzen™/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics / 2nd Gen AMD® Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Graphics and Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 3466(OC) MHz
- Extended Heatsink Design: MSI extended PWM and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: 1x TURBO M.2, AMD Turbo USB 3.1 GEN2, Store MI technology
- Core Boost: With premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- DDR4 Boost: Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best gaming performance and stability.
- MULTI-GPU: With STEEL ARMOR PCI-E slots. Supports 2-Way AMD Crossfire™
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive audio experience.
- Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: 16.8 million colors / 10 effects in one click. Synchronize RGB strips and other RGB solutions for customization.
- Flash BIOS Button: Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphics card.
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost
- EZ Debug LED: the Easiest way to troubleshoot
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high-resolution scalable font, favorites, and search function
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players
The RAM kit included is a Crucial Ballistix Sport LT kit which is enough memory for most gaming pc builds, and you always have the option to upgrade more in the future if need be with the extra couple of slots on the included gaming motherboard.
The storage included is a 1Tb Crucial MX500 SSD, this is a good bang for your buck SSD currently priced right. This SSD also comes in various storage capacities to if you want to upgrade now or later it’s super easy and affordable to do so.
The power supply unit (PSU) included is the Seasonic FOCUS 650 Gold. This is enough juice to power this awesome pc build and is platinum rated PSU, making this one of the most power-efficient PSU’s out there.
The included pc case for the $1000 pc build is a Thermaltake H200, Snow Edition, which includes RGB lighting and is designed for those that was a sleek, clean pc case with superb cooling. See the full specifications over at thermaltake.com.
Upgrades for the $1000 Build
Get a Better PC Case
Looking for a more customized, kick-ass PC Case with solid RGB lighting? Then the H500M is a definite choice!
Graphics Card Upgrade: RTX 2070
If you are looking for the biggest bang for your buck performance upgrade, then upgrading to an RTX 2070 would be perfect.
Think you need more memory in your build? Then upgrade to a 16GB kit of Corsair Vengeance.
Looking for a little more of an oomph form your gaming cpu -- then bump it up to an AMD 3700X (cooler also included!).
Above are the suggested upgrade ideas for the best 2019 $1000 gaming PC build, these are recommended if you have a larger budget or want some upgrade suggestions later on when you need an upgrade.
The first option included is a PC case upgrade — if you want a more customized, awesome looking RGB case, then you could consider the Cooler Master MasterCase H500M. The H500M is seriously a very cool case — check it out.
Want more immediate gaming power — then the graphics card upgrade is definitely the first upgrade I would take. The upgraded card is the RTX 2070, so if you have the dollars to spend and want to upgrade this would be a great choice.
Since the $1000 pc build above includes 8GB of RAM, you could bump this up further to 16GB with a kit of Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MhZ RAM if you think you need it. Further, you could also plug in an additional 8GB kit, later on, to get 16GB if you find you need it.
Perhaps you need more computing power oopmh, then your next best bet is to bump you CPU up to the very powerful AMD Ryzen 7 3700X cpu.
Not looking for the best $1000 gaming pc build?
Then check out some of the other pc budgets available: