Last Updated: May 1st, 2020
Get revving with the best possible $1000 gaming PC build, updated monthly. This gaming PC build is a really good build for those who want to max out PC games at 1080p and 1440p resolutions — this PC build is just enough for the savvy PC gamer who doesn’t want to worry about scaling back on PC game settings.
The hardware below for the $1000 gaming PC build is chosen based on two main things, performance and quality for the best possible price. All of the hardware is conveniently linked to Amazon.
Best of luck when planning your next gaming PC build for under $1000. Should you have any questions feel free to get in touch or if you are in the market for another budget you can also check out the other pc build budgets.
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build 2019
Capability: Game with Extreme settings at 1920X1080 (HD) resolutions up to Higher Settings at 2560×1440 (2K)
Powered by the AMD 3600X and the RX 5700 XT (8GB) Graphics Card
The AMD Ryzen 5 3600X is a phenomenal gaming processor for the cost. Straight out of the box, it can beat some more expensive cpus in gaming.
*Note: Supply has been a little low on these bad boys, but this cpu is great - you could try looking through the alternative seller listings for availability.
Amazon Price: $225.99
2. Cooler (Included): Wraith Spire Cooler
The AMD 3600X comes with a stock cooler that is more than enough.
3. Motherboard: MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 DVI HDMI Crossfire ATX Motherboard (B450 Tomahawk Max)
*Note: This B450 motherboard comes fully compatible with the Ryzen 3600X straight out of the box!
This is a fantastic B450 motherboard, that is both an affordable and feature rich board to pair with the AMD 3600X CPU. Even though this is a B450 motherboard, this is a great choice for any Ryzen 3000 CPU as it comes compatible straight out of the box. Plus it supports high bandwidth memory and USB 3.1 V2.
Amazon Price: $114.99
or $95 used on Amazon
4. Graphics Card: XFX Rx 5700 XT Raw II 8GB GDDR6 1905MHz 3xDP HDMI PCI Express 4.0 Graphics Card Rx-57XT8OFF6
The RX 5700 Xt Graphics card is a SOLID choice for any gamer out there right now, offering great 1400p gameplay, will max all games at 1080p and plays well even in to 4K. If you can't find any of these available, you could downgrade slightly and go with a non "XT" - AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU.
Amazon Price: $389.99
5. RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GBx2) CL16 BL2K8G32C16U4B (Black)
Included is a total of 16GB in the best $1000 gaming pc build, which will be plenty of memory for this rig.
Amazon Price: $74.99
The Western Digital Black is a good NVMe SSD, and this one provides 500GB of storage space.
Amazon Price: $94.02
7. Power Supply: EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-GQ-0650-V1,Black
650 Watts is enough juice for this gaming pc build and this one comes in at a Gold Rated power efficiency and is partially modular (which in this case doesn't matter at the non-modular cords need to be used).
Amazon Price: $82.12
8. PC Case: Phanteks PH-EC416PTG_BK Eclipse P400 Steel ATX Mid Tower Case Satin Black, Tempered Glass Edition Cases
- Full Metal Body, Steel Exterior and Tempered Glass Side Panel. Clean interior –PSU Cover & HDDs. 10 color RGB downlight + RGB power light with on/off switch. 300mm RGB LED strip included
- Fully Equipped with Magnetic Dust Filters. Innovative Modular HDD System (requires PH-HDDKT_02). 2x Drop-N-Lock SSD brackets included. Long GPU (supports up to 15.2in)
- Full Size PSU support. Removable HDD cage for installation of long PSU's (>270mm)/water-pump.
- Hidden Front I/O (2x USB 3.0, Headphone, Mic, LED Control, Reset). Clean cable management using Phanteks' preinstalled Hoop-N-Loop cable ties.
- Optimal airflow - Direct airflow to CPU/GPU. 1x Phanteks 120mm Fan in front. 1x Phanteks 120mm Fan in rear. Supports water-cooling radiators (up to 360)
Amazon Price: $79.99
Estimated Cost (May 2020): $1060
$1000 Build Details
The $1000 Gaming PC build is a very powerful mid-range pc build worthy of gaming at resolutions anywhere from 1080p to 2K with maxed-out settings. Included is an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X CPU and RX 5700 8GB GPU.
The included gaming CPU this month is the AMD Ryzen 5 3600X cpu. This gaming CPU is a great choice and purchase for the cost and beats the Intel 9600K in many applications straight out of the box. The 3600X comes with a stock cooler that should be more than enough to keep this beast cooler enough while gaming — making this a fantastic, great value gaming CPU capable of powering this $1000 pc build.
The RX 5700 XT graphics card is a very capable graphics card (this was recently upgrade from the non “XT” Radeon RX 5700 graphics car) and is the card to beat for high-refresh / FPS gaming at 1920 x 1080 and solid performance at 2560 x 1440 (1440p). This GPU is a great choice for 1400p gamers, and a great choice for this $1000 PC Build. You can also pump the heck out of this card if you’ ‘re interested in overclocking it to speeds beyond what it comes with quite easily.
The motherboard chosen for this build is the B450 TOMAHAWK MAX by MSI — this motherboard is both an affordable and feature-rich board. This is the Tomahawk MAX which comes compatible with all Ryzen 3000 CPUs straight out of the box, and includes support for higher bandwidth RAM and has USB 3.1 V2 support. Over and above that the full specifications include (read more at msi.com):
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ / Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Graphics / Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Extended Heatsink Design: MSI extended PWM heatsink and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: 1x TURBO M.2, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN2, Store MI technology
- Core Boost: With premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- DDR4 Boost: Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best gaming performance and stability.
- MULTI-GPU: With STEEL ARMOR PCI-E slots. Supports 2-Way AMD Crossfire™
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive audio experience.
- Flash BIOS Button: Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphics card.
The RAM kit included is a 16GB Crucial Ballistix kit which is enough memory for most gaming pc builds, and you always have the option to upgrade more in the future if need be with the extra couple of slots on the included gaming motherboard.
The included storage is a Western Digital Black NVMe 500GB SSD, which is an upgrade over the previously included SATA SSDs in this build, bringing in faster read-write speeds in a smaller form factor.
The power supply unit (PSU) included is the EVGA 650 GQ power supply. This is enough juice to power this awesome pc build and is a gold-rated PSU.
The pc case for the $1000 gaming pc build is the Phanteks Eclipse P400 (White – as this one is available and costs what it should at the moment – this case also comes in other colors). This PC case is a relatively new case and is a simplistic, clean and great looking case. It has an ambient RGB illumination the doesn’t scream RGB and a metal exterior that gives it a feel of quality. To learn more and view the full specifications, please visit phanteks.com.
Upgrades for the $1000 Build
Liquid CPU Cooler Upgrade
If you want a more customized cooling experience and want to kick your cpu up a few more notches while keeping it cool, then consider the H80i.
Graphics Card Upgrade: RTX 2070 SUPER
You can further pump up those graphics settings by bumping up to an RTX 2070 SUPER - it is a tad more expensive, but will provide better frame rates at 1440p and 4K resolutions.
This isn't more memory, but a higher bandwidth kit of RAM -- the Crucial Ballistix Elite clocked at 3600Mhz is the perfect high frequency and high performing RAM for the $1000 gaming pc build.
Cost: *If available - at the moment some higher end memory kits are a bit low on supply.
Looking for a little more of an oomph form your gaming cpu -- then bump it up to an AMD 3700X (cooler also included!). This is for those who do more than game - edit videos? stream? Then this is for you.
Above are some suggested upgrade ideas for the best 2020 $1000 gaming PC build, these are recommended if you have a larger budget or want some upgrade suggestions later on when you need an upgrade.
The first included is a more customization CORSAIR H80i v2 AIO liquid CPU cooler — this can keep your CPU a tad cooler and gives a few more customization options over top of the included stock cooler with the cpu.
Want more immediate gaming power — then the graphics card upgrade is definitely the first upgrade I would take. The upgraded card is the RTX 2070 SUPER, which simply crushes games at 1440p resolutions and plays them really well even at 4K.
Since the $1000 pc build above includes 16GB of RAM, it might not be worth upgrading further for most gamers, but you could go for a more premium Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600 MHz kit of RAM. This is a higher bandwidth kit of RAM than what is included and can be easily overclocked.
Perhaps you need more computing power, then your next best bet is to bump the CPU up to the very powerful AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU.
Not looking for the best $1000 gaming pc build?
Then check out some of the other gaming pc budgets available: