Get revving with the best possible $1000 gaming PC build for 2022. This gaming PC build is a fantastic gaming pc build for those who want to max out PC games at 1080p and 1440p resolutions -- this PC build is just enough for the savvy PC gamer who doesn't want to worry about scaling back on PC game settings.
The hardware below for the $1000 gaming PC build is chosen based on two main things, performance, and quality for the best possible price. All of the hardware is conveniently linked to Amazon.
Best of luck when planning your next gaming PC build for around $1000. Should you have any questions feel free to get in touch or if you are in the market for another budget you can also check out the other pc build budgets
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build 2022
Capability: Game with Extreme settings at 1920X1080 (HD) resolutions up to Higher Settings at 2560x1440 (2K)
Powered by the Intel Core i5-12400 and the RX 6600 XT Graphics Card
1. CPU: Intel Core i5-12400
The Intel Core i5 12400 replaces the previous Ryzen 5600X in this spot and is on average better overall in both single-core and multi-core performance and in gaming.
Amazon Price: $207.76
2. Cooler: Intel Laminar RM1 Cooler (Included)
This is the stock cooler for the Intel Core i5 12400. It would be recommended that if you want to overclock upgrade this to an after-market CPU cooler (see hardware alternatives for options).
3. Motherboard: GIGABYTE B660M DS3H DDR4
This is a great budget B650 motherboard with the following specifications:
- Intel LGA 1700 Socket: Supports 12th Gen Intel Core Series Processors
- DDR4 Compatible: Dual Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Sturdy Power Design: 6+2+1 Phases Hybrid Power Design, Premium Choke and Capacitors, 8-pin Solid Pin CPU Power Connector
- Comprehensive Thermal Design: M.2 Thermal Guard
- Next Gen Connectivity: PCIe 4.0, Dual NVME PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C, HDMI 2.0,
- Fast Networking: 2.5GbE LAN
- Dynamic Audio: High-End Audio Capacitors, Audio Noise Guard
- Fine Tuning Features: RGB FUSION 2.0, Supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips, Smart Fan 6, Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without installing, CPU, Memory, and GPU
Amazon Price: $119.99
4. Graphics Card: XFX Speedster SWFT210 Radeon RX 6600 XT
The 6600XT is a great graphics card for most standard gaming and is faster than previous cards in this bracket.
Included is a total of 16GB in the best $1000 gaming pc build, which will be plenty of memory for this rig.
Amazon Price: $67.99
- Capacity: 500GB but up to 2TB with sequential reads/writes up to 2400MB/s/1900MB/s
- NVMe PCIe interface, marking the next step in storage innovation
- Includes SSD management software for performance optimization, data security, and firmware updates
- 5-year limited warranty
Amazon Price: $53.99
7. Power Supply: EVGA 220-G5-0650-X1 Super Nova 650 G5, 80 Plus Gold 650W
The sweet spot for this build is 650W of juice, and the EVGA 650 Ga 80 Plus Gold does the trick.
- 80 plus Gold certified, with 91% efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Fully modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow. Input Voltage:100 - 240 VAC
- 100% Japanese capacitors, active clamp +DC-DC converter design to improve 3.3V./ 5V. Stability
- Fluid dynamic bearing fan and EVGA eco mode for ultra-quiet operation and increased lifespan
Amazon Price: $82.99
8. PC Case: NZXT H510 - CA-H510B-B1
- Front I/O USB Type-C Port and Tempered glass side panel with single screw installation
- Enhanced cable management: Our patented cable routing kit with pre-installed channels and straps makes wiring easy and intuitive
- STREAMLINED COOLING: 2 Aer F120mm fans included for optimal internal airflow and the front panel and PSU intakes include removable filters, a removable bracket designed for radiators up to 240mm - simplifies the installation of either closed-loop or custom-loop water cooling
- Motherboard support: Mini-ITX, MicroATX, and ATX
Amazon Price: $86.99
Estimated Cost (May 2022): $1031.93
$1000 Gaming PC Build Details
The $1000 Gaming PC build is a very powerful mid-range pc build worthy of gaming at resolutions anywhere from 1080p to 2K with maxed-out settings.
The included gaming CPU this month is the Intel Core i5 12400, replacing the previous Ryzen 5 5600x, which is a fantastic CPU beating out the previous Ryzne in all benchmarks, including single-core, multi-core and gaming and all for a great price.
The RX 6600 XT is a very capable graphics card and is great for high-refresh / FPS gaming at 1920 x 1080 and solid performance at 2560 x 1440 (1440p). This GPU is a great choice for 1440p gamers, and a great choice for this $1000 PC Build. However, do look at some of the alternative graphics cards included above in the hardware table under the graphics card section if you can't find one that's affordable or think you need more GPU power.
The motherboard included is a GIGABYTE B660M DS3H to go with the newer Intel i5 12400 CPU. This is a newer board, that is on the more budget side and is a MATX board, but will support everything included and supports overclocking. Here are the specifications (for the full specifications, please visit gigabyte.com):
- Supports 12th Gen Intel® Core™ Series Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- 6+2+1 Phases Hybrid Digital VRM with MOS Heatsink
- Fast 2.5 GbE LAN with Bandwidth Management
- Dual Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 with Thermal Guard
- Rear SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 2 TYPE-C® for Fast and Versatile Connections
- High Quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard
- RGB FUSION 2.0 supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
- Smart Fan 6 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors, Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
The RAM kit included is a 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 kit which is enough memory for most gaming pc builds, and you always have the option to upgrade more in the future if need be with the extra couple of slots on the included gaming motherboard.
The included storage is a Crucial P2 500GB, which is an upgrade over the previously included SATA SSDs in this build, bringing in faster read-write speeds in a smaller form factor.
The power supply unit (PSU) included is the EVGA SuperNOVA 650 Ga. This is the sweet spot for this build and since it's fully modular, it should keep your case clean of unused wires - plus it's decently efficient.
For the gaming pc case, we have a NZXT H510, which is a fantastic all type of builder case, featuring an easy to build in case that's great to look at with its included tempered glass side panel. Learn more at NZXT.com.
Upgrades for the $1000 Build
Liquid CPU Cooler Upgrade
If you want a more customized cooling experience and want to kick your cpu up a few more notches while keeping it cool, then consider the be quiet! Pure Loop 120mm for this build. Check out our be quiet! Pure Loop Review here.
Graphics Card Upgrade: RTX 3070
You can further pump up those graphics settings by bumping up to an RTX 3070 - it is a tad more expensive, but will provide better frame rates at 1440p and 4K resolutions. *Assuming it is in supply!
Cost Current: $778.44
Upgrade to a slightly higher performing and more storage capacity Crucial P2 1TB NVMe.
*Note: You will also need an after market cooler
- Intel® Core® i5 Deca-core (10 Core) 3.70 GHz processor offers hyper-threading architecture that delivers high performance for demanding applications with improved onboard graphics and turbo boost
- The Socket LGA-1700 socket allows processor to be placed on the PCB without soldering
- 16 MB of L3 cache rapidly retrieves the most used data available to improve system performance
- Intel 7 Architecture enables improved performance per watt and micro architecture makes it power-efficient
- Built-in Intel UHD Graphics controller for great graphics and visual quality
Above are some suggested upgrade ideas for the best 2022 $1000 gaming PC build. This PC hardware is recommended if you have a larger budget or want some upgrade suggestions later on when you need an upgrade.
The first included is a be quiet! Pure Loop 120 Liquid CPU Cooler. This cooler performs and is a great upgrade should you consider some overclocking on your CPU. You can check out my full review on the 360mm version here.
Want more immediate gaming power -- then the graphics card upgrade is definitely the first upgrade I would take. The upgraded card seen here is the RTX 3070 -and it's priced way better now!
If you are looking to bump up your storage space right off the bat, then simply upgrade to the 1TB version of the Crucial P2 NVMe SSD, which doubles your available storage capacity.
Perhaps you need more computing power, then your next best bet is to bump the CPU up to a superb and newer Intel Core i5-12600K, a beast of a CPU.
Best of luck building your best possible $1000 gaming pc build this 2022. If you have any questions be sure to leave a comment or simply join our Facebook Group to help grow a great gaming pc build community: Gaming PC Builders Facebook Group.
Not looking for the best $1000 gaming pc build?
Then check out some of the other gaming pc budgets available: