Last Updated: May 30th, 2021
If you are in the market for the best 2021 under $500 gaming pc build, then you have come to the right place. If this is the case, you will get the most affordable gaming PC that simply gets you up and running with your favorite pc games at half decent settings and with smooth gameplay.
The best possible $500 gaming PC build will get you up and playing at standard HD 1080P resolutions with game settings scaled back for optimal FPS gameplay. So if you are looking for the best bang for your buck $500 builds, the following are updated every month here at Newb Computer Build.
This gaming PC build is a back-to-the-basics type build that focuses solely on getting as much performance as we can out of each dollar spent. That means no bells and whistles, only pure performance and focusing on the necessities of our build.
Best of luck when planning your next gaming PC build and should you have any questions feel free to comment below.
If you are in the market for another PC budget you can also check out the BEST 2021 GAMING PC BUILDS page.
The Best $500 Gaming PC Build 2021
Capability: Game at Smoothly with medium to high settings with smooth FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games.
Powered by the Ryzen 5 3400G with integrated Radeon RX Graphics
An alternative choice: Ryzen 3 3300X CPU and a GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics Card (if available)
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4-core, 8-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Radeon RX Graphics (*You don't need a graphics card with this CPU)
The Ryzen 5 3400G is a great starter CPU with integrated graphics (you don't need a graphics card). With graphics card prices what they are these days you can rest assured you can start gaming with this CPU with the option the add a graphics card at a later date.
Amazon Price: $389.99
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 4-Core (*You will need a Graphics Card with this CPU): *Alternative non-integrated graphics option (if in stock and you can find a graphics card):
The 3300X's four cores operate at 3.8 GHz clock rate and boost to 4.3 GHz, providing great gaming performance.
Amazon Price: $189.99
2. Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
This cooler is included with the AMD Ryzen3 3300X and is more than enough to cool this $500 gaming pc build.
3. Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-A/CSM AMD AM4 (3rd/2nd/1st Gen Ryzen Micro-ATX commercial motherboard
This motherboard is a quality budget Micro ATX sized board, that features everything you'd need in a $500 PC, including:
- AMD AM4 Socket: The perfect pairing for 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Fast Connectivity: 1Gb LAN, HDMI 2.0b, D-Sub, and DVI display outputs
- ASUS CSM motherboard: ASUS Corporate Stable Model with up to 36-month supply, EOL notice, and ECN control
- ASUS Control Center Express to make IT endpoint management simpler
- 5X Protection III: all-round protection with LANGuard, DRAM overcurrent protection, overvoltage protection, SafeSlot Core safeguards and stainless-steel back I/O
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS
To see the full specifications, please visit asus.com.
Amazon Price: $79.99
4. Graphics Card: *Integrated Radeon RX
The Ryzen 5 3400G CPU has integrated graphics, which should be suitable for lower-end gaming. With graphics cards so high in cost right now, this may be the best choice for you to get up and gaming right away with the option to add a graphics card later.
*Alternative Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1650
The 1650 Super is a great 1080p gaming GPU and is capable of being able to run any game out there.
Amazon Price: $169.99 (*Don't overpay for this card)
*Alternative lesser comparable graphics cards if no GTX 1650's are in stock:
8GB for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $52.99
6. SSD: PNY CS900 240GB 3D NAND
The $500 pc build starts at 240GB and it's plenty for those with the $500 budget pc build and there is always room for growth.
Amazon Price: $32.99
7. Power Supply Unit: Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W 80+ 256-Color RGB Fan ATX 12V 2.3 Kaby Lake Ready Power Supply 5 Yr Warranty Power Supply PS-SPR-0500NHFAWU-1
500W is plenty for this pc build and the Thermaltake Smart 500W RGB does the trick perfectly.
*Note: The Thermaltake 500W RGB was actually cheaper than the normal Thermaltake 500W Smart at the start of June. If this isn't the case, then you could consider the regular Thermaltake Smart 500W power supply instead.
Amazon Price: $54.99
8. PC Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L Micro-ATX Tower
A classic Micro ATX case featuring an edge-to-edge all acrylic side window. To learn more or for full specifications, please visit coolermaster.com.
- I/O panel can be adjusted in 6 different locations and the Case can be positioned: Vertical or horizontal
- Edge to edge acrylic transparent side panel offers a full view inside
- Body depth height: Can support normal size ATX power supply
- Front magnetic design dust filter with open perforated front, top and bottom for high air performance
- Extra space behind the motherboard tray for hidden cable management
Amazon Price: $48.49
Estimated Price (June 2021): $559
(*Using integrated graphics on the Ryzen 5 3400G)
The Best 2021 $500 Gaming PC Build Details
The best CPU for the $500 pc build is the Ryzen 5 3400G CPU. This CPU features integrated Radeon RX Graphics, so you don't need a graphics card to get started gaming - with the option to always add one in the future (which may be great since graphics cards are so hard to come by these days!).
*NOTE: A better option if you can find a decent graphics card for cheap, would be to get a Ryzen 3 3300X CPU and a GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card if you can find them in stock. The graphics card included is a GeForce GTX 1650, which is very capable of playing any game out there at 1080p and is priced right. If you have a tiny bit more to spend and if it's in stock.
The motherboard chosen is a budget board that does everything you need in this $500 budget PC build — it's a Micro ATX smaller form factor motherboard - the Asus Prime B450M-A/CSM. This motherboard is a quality budget Micro ATX sized board, that features everything you'd need in a $500 PC, including (to read the full specifications on this board, please visit Asus.com).
- Fan Xpert 2+: Flexible controls for ultimate cooling and silence.
- Ultrafast connectivity: Supreme flexibility with USB 3.1 Gen 2 and native M.2
- ASUS Aura Sync header: Onboard connector for RGB LED strips, easily synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura Sync-capable hardware
- 5X Protection III: Multiple hardware safeguards for all-around system protection
The RAM included is all you’ll need for this build, which is 8GB of DDR4 RAM with a kit of Patriot Viper Steel 8GB (2c 4GB) DDR4 3200MHz ram.
For storage, this build includes a modest 240GB PNY CS900 SSD - which is a good starting amount of storage for the $500 gaming pc build, but you could upgrade for not much more.
The power supply we have this month is an affordable Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W - a budget PSU that offers just the right amount of juice for this $500 pc build - keep in mind that the 'RGB" version of this PSU is priced really good at the start of the month, and in fact cheaper than the non-RGB version. If you find the "Thermtaltek SMART 500W" power supply is in stock and cheaper, you can go with that instead.
The included gaming pc case is the Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L Micro-ATX gaming pc case, A classic Micro ATX case that offers a great value for the cost - including a compact interior with edge-to-edge acrylic transparent siding.
Upgrades for the Best 2021 $500 PC Build
The following are some of the best upgrades for the $500 gaming pc build -- these are for those that have a tad more than a $500 budget for their build or for those who want future upgrade ideas.
A CPU upgrade may be worth it if you have more to spend, and the Ryzen 5 3600 is a perfect choice.
Graphics Card Upgrade
The 5600 XT is a great card and would be a worthy upgrade for the $500 gaming pc build, being able to play games at well over 60FPS.
*The only catch, it may not be in stock at the moment.
Amazon Price: $279.99 (*Really low on stock)
If you think you will need more memory, then 16GB would be a worthy upgrade and probably more than you need.
The above are options should you have a greater budget than $500, or if you want future upgrade ideas when you eventually feel the need.
The CPU upgrade suggested is a Ryzen 5 3600, which is a nice bump, so if you have the funds to do so, this may be a worthy upgrade for you!
If you simply want the biggest bump in gaming performance, then you could consider upgrading the graphics card to an RX 5600 XT graphics card, which is a fantastic card that will guarantee higher settings in PC games at 1080p.
If you feel a bump in memory is for you, then you could easily bump it to 16Gb with a kit of Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 memory.
Or possibly you are looking for more storage space, then bump it up to 500GB with the 500GB Version of a Crucial P2 NVMe SSD.
The under $500 gaming PC build for 2021 is the perfect budget pc build for those who just want to get a cheap gaming PC and to just get up and playing their
Best of luck building your best possible $500 gaming pc build this 2021. If you have any questions be sure to leave a comment or simply join our Facebook Group to help grow a great gaming pc build community: Gaming PC Builders Facebook Group.
Questions or comments? Feel free to leave them below!
Looking for a Different Build Budget?
Then check out the best gaming pc builds for 2021: