What’s your budget?
Search the Best:
$1500 Gaming PC Builds
$1000 Gaming PC Builds
$700 Gaming PC Builds
$500 Gaming PC Builds
Step by Step to Building Your PC
The Best Gaming PC Builds for 2020
Looking to build the best gaming pc build this 2020? Building your own gaming pc has many benefits including better bang for your buck hardware, the ability to customize/personalize your pc, a greater appreciation for your gaming pc build investment and it’s fun. Even though building your own pc can be more budget-friendly, we all have a budget to adhere to, which is where the following pc builds come into play.
Welcome to the best gaming pc builds for 2020, which are split into the most popular budgets and gaming performance categories that allow you to easily plan your next pc without the hassle of doing all of the research yourself.
The following builds are based on popular performance benchmarks and are put together with both a specific budget in mind while using aiming for maximum gaming performance. What this means is maximum performance while trying to limit the fluff (ie. flashy hardware that is not needed). Should you have a more exorbitant budget, there are also hardware upgrades included in each of the pc budget categories.
These gaming pc builds are updated every month this 2020 and profile the best gaming pc build hardware aimed at new pc builder and experienced builders alike.
The Best $1500 Gaming PC Builds for 2020
Looking for a really high-end gaming pc? If you are interested in building a high-end gaming pc, then the $1500 budget is probably where you should start. These builds typically include hardware geared towards higher resolution gameplay at high frames per second.
Considering 1400p gameplay? How about gaming into 4K resolutions? Then these gaming pc builds are for you.
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- The world's most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
8 Cores and 16 processing threads, bundled with the AMD
- Wraith Prism cooler with color-controlled LED support
4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of game Cache, ddr-3200 support
For the advanced socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on x570 motherboards
Amazon Price: $279.99
2. Cooler: Stock AMD Wraith Prism Cooler
The Ryzen 3700X is an amazing CPU in so many ways, in that it doesn't necessarily need to be overclocked and comes with a great Wraith Prism Cooler, this saves you with a little more cash for other upgrades! Plus it's a good looking cooler for a stock cooler.
3. Motherboard:Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
*Note: Some types of motherboards have been low in stock, if the recommended board here is not in stock, try searching for alternative "X570 Motherboard" at a similar cost, these will be compatible with the Ryzen 7 3700X.
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M. 2 Drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4. 0 m. 2 and USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C.Operating system:Windows 10 64-bit
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802. 11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5. 0, TUF LANGuard and technology
*If this motherboard is not available and alternative could be:
Asus Prime X570-P Ryzen 3 AM4 with PCIe Gen4, Dual M.2 HDMI, SATA 6GB/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 ATX Motherboard
Amazon Price: $189.99
4. Graphics Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Super Overclocked 8G EVO GDDR6 Dual-Fan Edition VR Ready HDMI DisplayPort Gaming Graphics Card
The RTX 2070 SUPER is a fantastic graphics card that provides great pc gaming performance at resolutions from 1080-, 1400p and well into 4K should you want to. The 2070 SUPER is better than the 2070, with a GeForce RTX 2080 sized cooler.
Amazon Price: $529.99
16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming pc - included is a 16GB kit of Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz Gaming Kit - the perfect speed of RAM for this build.
What is the best RAM speed for gaming? Learn more about the best RAM speed for gaming with Ryzen 3000 CPUs in our recent article here.
Amazon Price: $84.67
- An exclusive WD BLACK SSD dashboard with gaming mode improves game performance.
- Available in capacities ranging from 250GB to 2TB
- Ideal for enthusiasts building custom desktops or gaming rigs
- NVMe drive not compatible with SATA interface
Amazon Price: $149.99
7.Power Supply: EVGA 210-GQ-0750-V1 750 GQ, 80+ GOLD 750W, Semi Modular
- EVGA 750 GQ: Great quality, Great value, Active clamp +DC to DC design for efficient operation
- 80 Plus Gold certified, with 90 percent (115VAC) / 92 percent (220VAC to 240VAC) efficiency or higher under typical loads; Operating Temperature 0 degree to 50 degree Celsius
- Fan Size/Bearing: 135 millimeters Fluid Dynamic Bearing, modular design to reduce clutter and improve airflow
- Heavy duty protections, including OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP, and OTP
- 5 year warranty
Amazon Price: $119.99
*If available, I recommend the following instead:
A great, quality power supply that give you all the juice you need to power this pc build - plus this is a platinum efficiency power supply, making is super efficient and it is fully modular (so no messy cables).
8. PC Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Smart Case - Black (CC-9011173-WW)
This case is alike to many of the same caliber Corsair cases, and the 220T has amazing airflow and comes with three corsair SP120 RGB fans that work great with Corsairs icue software:
- Improve your system's cooling with a high airflow layout complete with a steel grill front panel for optimal air intake
- Light up your PC with three included Corsair SP120 RGB Pro fans each lined with eight individually addressable LEDs around the hub (24 total)
- The included lighting Node core controls your RGB lighting making for brilliant lighting effects right out of the box with Corsair iCUE software
- The 220T RGB airflow’s solid steel construction and front plate ensure sturdy and resilient durability along with a striking look
- An edge-to-edge tempered glass side panel window showcases your PC's components and RGB lighting. Compatible corsair liquid coolers-H55, H60, H75, H80i, H90, H100i, H105, H110i, H115i, H150i
Amazon Price: $99.99
ESTIMATED PRICE: $1465 (September 2020)
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Builds for 2020
Looking for a gaming pc build that plays any game maxed out at standard HD resolutions and even higher? If you are in the budget for a $1000 gaming pc, then you can expect to max out games at standard HD resolutions and even higher.
These $1000 pc builds are compiled using the best performing hardware for their cost, while minimizing the cost of hardware that is un-needed.
$1000 is the perfect budget for those wanting a well-rounded pc that will last for a while and play way better than any gaming console on the market.
The AMD Ryzen 5 3600X is a phenomenal gaming processor for the cost. Straight out of the box, it can beat some more expensive cpus in gaming.
Amazon Price: $208.99
2. Cooler (Included): Wraith Spire Cooler
The AMD 3600X comes with a stock cooler that is more than enough.
3. Motherboard: ASRock B550 PRO4 Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen/Future AMD Ryzen Processors Motherboard
This is a newer B550 Motherboard supporting Ryzen 3000 CPUs splendidly right out of the box, which also support newer features like PCI 4.0:
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen / Future AMD Ryzen Processors
- 8 Power Phase Design, Digi Power
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, D-Sub
Amazon Price: $134.99
4. Graphics Card: MSI Gaming Radeon Rx 5700 Xt Boost Clock: 1925 MHz 256-bit 8GB GDDR6 DP/HDMI Dual Fans Crossfire Freesync Navi Architecture Graphics Card
The RX 5700 Xt Graphics card is a SOLID choice for any gamer out there right now, offering great 1400p gameplay, will max all games at 1080p and plays well even in to 4K. If you can't find any of these available, you could downgrade slightly and go with a non "XT" - AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU.
Amazon Price: $389.99
Included is a total of 16GB in the best $1000 gaming pc build, which will be plenty of memory for this rig, plus it's rated at 3600 MHz, which is the perfect RAM speed for this build too!
Amazon Price: $84.67
The Crucial P1 NVMe SSD is a great value high performing storage devise that provides up to 2000MB/s in read times and 1700MB/s in write times.
Amazon Price: $59.74
7. Power Supply: EVGA 100-N1-0650-L1, 650 N1, 650W
The sweet spot for this build is 650W of juice, and the the EVGA 650 N1 does the trick.
Alternatively and if available, you could consider this as well: EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-GQ-0650-V1,Black
650 Watts is enough juice for this gaming pc build and this one comes in at a Gold Rated power efficiency and is partially modular (which in this case doesn't matter at the non-modular cords need to be used).
Amazon Price: $74.95
- Full Metal exterior design. Clean interior-PSU cover & HDDs. Tempered glass panel. Unique exterior design with integrated PSU cover
- Fully Equipped with Magnetic Dust filter. Long GPU (supports up to 15. 2in). Full Size PSU support. Equipped with 1x Phanteks 120mm fans. Front I/O (2x USB 3. 0, Headphone, Mic, LED control)
- RGB Power Light + Ambient Down Light (10 colors). Integrated RGB Illumination modes + sync with RGB motherboards/Phanteks RGB products
- High flow. 2x front loaded 3. 5" Hdd. Supports up to 240/280mm radiator in front. 2x SSD mounting Location (1x included)
- Dimension: 200 mm x 450 mm x 400 mm/7. 8 in x 17. 7 in x 15. 7 in (WxHxD). Mid Tower. Motherboard Support: ATX, uATX, mITX, (E-ATX* - up to 275mm wide).
Amazon Price: $55.99
Estimated Cost (September 2020): $1010
The Best $700 Gaming PC Builds for 2020
Looking for a gaming pc that will get you up and playing any game on the market better than a console hand-down? The $700 gaming pc build budget is for those who just want to get up and gaming on typical HD resolutions, and do it far better than any gaming console.
The $700 budget is a very versatile starting budget as it gives you better than expected performance right off the bat, and provide plenty of room for growth should you ever want to upgrade.
The Ryzen 5 3600 CPU is a superb value coming in with 6 CPU cores and 12 processing threads at 4.1Ghz Max Boost. This is a solid gaming cpu that is priced really well.
Amazon Price: $205.99
*At the moment the Ryzen 3600 is a little inflated in terms of cost. If this CPU goes up anymore or is out of stock, you could also consider the Ryzen 5 3600X - which is perfectly compatible as well.
2. Cooler: Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
The Wraith Stealth Cooler is included with the Ryzen 5 3600
3. Motherboard: ASRock B550M-HDV
The motherboard for this build is a newer B550 motherboard featuring newer features for budget AMD board, including straight out of the box Ryzen 3000 series support and more.
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen / Future AMD Ryzen Processors
- 6 Power Phase Design
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
Amazon Price: $80.99
4. Graphics Card: Asus TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Super Overclocked
OR If it is available or if you can afford it, the RX 5600 XT is a worthy upgrade
The GTX 1660 Super is a fantastic graphics card that is plenty for those wanting a budget gaming pc build that can max most pc games out there at 1080p resolutions without a hiccup at well over 60FPS.
Amazon Price: $229.99
8Gb of RAM is the sweet spot for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $34.99
You can't go wrong for a great value per dollar spent on a Crucial P1 in terms of storage space and Read/Write speeds.
Sequential reads/writes up to 2, 000MB/s, 700 MB/s
Amazon Price: $59.99
7. Power Supply Unit: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU, Continuous Power
The budget Thermaltake SMART Power supplies are perfect for this budget and provide just enough power at a fantastic cost.
Amazon Price: $48.95
8. PC Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L Micro-ATX
- I/O panel can be adjusted in 6 different locations and the Case can be positioned: vertical or horizontal
- Edge to Edge Acrylic Transparent Side Panel offers a full view inside
- Body depth height: can support normal size ATX power supply
- Front Magnetic Design Dust Filter with open perforated front, top and bottom for high air performance
- Extra space behind the motherboard tray for hidden cable management
Amazon Price: $48.99
Estimated Price (September 2020): $710
The Best $500 Gaming PC Builds for 2020
If you are in the market for a $500 gaming pc build, then you are simply looking for the most affordable gaming pc that simply gets you up and running with your favorite pc games.
The best possible $500 gaming pc build will get you up and playing at standard HD 1080P resolutions with game setting scaled back for optimal FPS gameplay. So if you are looking for the best bang for your buck $500 builds, the following are posted and updated every month here at Newb Computer Build.
Below is the best 2020 $500 gaming pc build.
The Ryzen 5 2600 processor is a fantastic value for a $500 gaming pc - coming with 6 cores and 12 threads unlocked, and a frequency of 3.9GHz Max boost an an included Wraith Stealth Cooler.
Amazon Price: $147.99
2. Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
This cooler is included with the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and is more than enough to cool this $500 gaming pc build.
3. Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-ACSM AMD AM4
This motherboard is a quality budget Micro ATX sized board, that features everything you'd need in a $500 PC, including:
- Powered by 2nd generation AMD Ryzen AM4 processors to maximize connectivity and speed with NVMe M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2, DDR4 and Gigabit LAN
- ASUS Corporate Stable Model complimentary Advance Replacement and long life cycle with a COM header and PS2 ports for legacy needs
- 5X Protection III hardware level safeguards provide component longevity and reliability
- Aura Sync RGB header provides a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever expanding ecosystem of enabled products
- Patent pending Safe Slot Core fortified Pie slot prevents damage caused by heavyweight GPUs. Windows 10 64 bit. Micro ATX Form Factor: 9.6 inch x 9.5 inch
- ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution: Stylish Fanless Design Heat sink solution, ASUS Fan Xpert 2+
Amazon Price: $77.99
4. Graphics Card: MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 Super
The GTX 1650 Super is a great budget gaming PC graphics card that will play ghames at 1080p without any problem.
The 1650 Super is uses a low amount of power - the perfect GPU for this $500 pc build!
Should you want a little more of a bump in performance, you could consider the alternative gpu in the upgrades table.
Amazon Price: $164.99
8GB for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $34.99
6. SSD: Crucial BX500 240GB
The $500 pc build starts at 240GB and it plenty for those with the $500 budget pc build and there is always room for growth.
Amazon Price: $34.99
7. Power Supply Unit: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU
500W is plenty for this pc build and the Thermaltake Smart 500W does the trick perfectly.
Amazon Price: $48.95
The Thermaltake Versa H17 is a solid budget small form factor Micro ATX PC case that looks absolutely slick with its Aluminum brushes panels and great airflow.
Amazon Price: $49.99
Estimated Price (September 2020): $525
Step by Step to Building Your Gaming PC this 2020
Looking for the steps to actually build your gaming pc - then look no further. The below video takes you through a complete hardware setup for a gaming pc build.
Or if you are looking for a really in-depth how to choose your hardware, tips for choosing your hardware and steps to building your gaming pc, then check out the A Step by Step on How to Build a Gaming PC this 2020 here at Newb Computer Build.
Best of luck Building Your Best Gaming PC Build this 2020
Thank you for visiting us for the best 2020 gaming pc builds of the month over here at Newb Computer Build. These gaming pc builds are updated every month to give you the most up to date builds in and between three main budgets giving you a range of the best gaming pc builds to choose from.
If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below. Prices and hardware are constantly being updated and released, so if you find you need some clarification on your specific build, or want to know you have chosen the best possible hardware please leave a comment and I’ll try my best to help you out. Building the best gaming pc build for you may look a little different than anyone one else depending on multiple factors, such as your usage (do you do more than game?), your budget and your personal style. So when investing in your new build, keep up to date with the latest hardware and get what’s right for you!
Looking for Further PC Building Resources?
If you are looking to become an expert PC builder, there are tons of other resources and communities available to you. Please visit our PC building resources page to learn more about what’s available.