PC Build Navigation:
- Jump straight to the $1000 Gaming PC Build for October 2022
The Best $1000 PC Build for October 2022 Update:
Welcome to the best $1000 PC Build for October 2022. The $1000 build has seen a few changes this month, which all favour performance boosts. The CPU is now an Intel 12400f, which is the non-integrated graphics version of the Intel 12400, you can save dollars on that, which now goes into the RTX 3060 ti graphics card — giving you phenomenal 1080 to 1440p resolution gaming performance.
So if you’ve been in the market for a mid-range pc range build, now is the time as prices have been amazing and you can milk every piece of performance you can per dollar spent — as you may have noticed the PC hardware market has been buzzing with some newer hardware releases, which are still months from being able to get your hands on in terms of availability and cost, but makes for immediate highest performing PC hardware purchasing at great costs.
Please keep in mind that every PC is and can be unique to its builder, so feel free to swap things like cases if you had your eye set on something more unique to you — and if you have any questions as per compatibility, please feel free to leave a comment.
Which October 2022 PC Build is right for you based on Your Gaming and Budget Needs?
The budgets included below should accommodate most PC gamers out there that play in many gaming settings, maxing games anywhere from 1080p to 1440p and play really well into 4K.
If you are not sure which pc build is right for you based solely on your budget, then here is a quick breakdown of which build may be a right fit for you (*rough performance guidelines):
- $1500 PC Build: For gaming at 2K resolutions into 4K
- $1000 PC Build: For gaming MAX settings at 2K resolutions
- $800 PC Build: For gaming at MAX settings 1080p resolutions into 2K
- $500 PC Build: For being able to game in any game at 1080p.
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build | October 2022
Capability: Game with Extreme settings at 1920X1080 (HD) resolutions up to Higher Settings at 2560×1440 (2K)
Powered by the Intel i5 12400f CPU and the RTX 3060 ti Graphics Card
The Intel Core i5 12400f replaces the previous Ryzen 5600X in this spot and is on average better overall in both single-core and multi-core performance and in gaming. You can also get the Intel 12400 (non 'f') if you think you need integrated graphics, however, you save $ by going with the 12400f.
Amazon Price: $174.99
2. Cooler: Intel Laminar RM1 Cooler (Included)
This is the stock cooler for the Intel Core i5 12400. It would be recommended that if you want to overclock upgrade this to an after-market CPU cooler (see hardware alternatives for options).
3. Motherboard: GIGABYTE B660M DS3H DDR4
This is a great budget B650 motherboard with the following specifications:
- Intel LGA 1700 Socket: Supports 12th Gen Intel Core Series Processors
- DDR4 Compatible: Dual Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Sturdy Power Design: 6+2+1 Phases Hybrid Power Design, Premium Choke and Capacitors, 8-pin Solid Pin CPU Power Connector
- Comprehensive Thermal Design: M.2 Thermal Guard
- Next Gen Connectivity: PCIe 4.0, Dual NVME PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C, HDMI 2.0,
- Fast Networking: 2.5GbE LAN
- Dynamic Audio: High-End Audio Capacitors, Audio Noise Guard
- Fine Tuning Features: RGB FUSION 2.0, Supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips, Smart Fan 6, Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without installing, CPU, Memory, and GPU
Amazon Price: $109.99
4. Graphics Card: MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 2X 8G OCV1 LHR
The 3060 Ti is a great graphics card for most standard gaming and is faster than previous cards in this bracket giving you great 1440p and 1080p performance in gaming.
Included is a total of 16GB in the best $1000 gaming pc build, which will be plenty of memory for this rig.
Amazon Price: $54.99
6. SSD: Crucial P2 500GB 3D NAND NVMe
- Capacity: 500GB with sequential reads/writes up to 2400MB/s/1900MB/s
- NVMe PCIe interface, marking the next step in storage innovation
- Includes SSD management software for performance optimization, data security, and firmware updates
- 5-year limited warranty
Amazon Price: $39.99
7. Power Supply: be quiet! BN671 Pure Power 11 FM 650W
The sweet spot for this build is 650W of juice -- and I'm a big fan of be quiet!'s pure power line of PSUs.
- 80 PLUS Gold efficiency (up to 93.3%)
- Modular cables for maximum build flexibility
- Two strong 12V-rails
- Silence-optimized 120mm be quiet! fan
- Advanced stability and voltage regulation thanks to LLC, SR and DC-to-DC
Amazon Price: $99.99
- Front I/O USB Type-C Port and Tempered glass side panel with single screw installation
- Enhanced cable management: Our patented cable routing kit with pre-installed channels and straps makes wiring easy and intuitive
- STREAMLINED COOLING: 2 Aer F120mm fans are included for optimal internal airflow and the front panel and PSU intakes include removable filters, a removable bracket designed for radiators up to 240mm - simplifies the installation of either closed-loop or custom-loop water cooling
- Motherboard support: Mini-ITX, MicroATX, and ATX
Amazon Price: $84.99
Estimated Cost (October 2022): $1015
Overview | $1000 Best Gaming PC Build 2022
The October $1000 PC build includes an Intel i5 12400f CPU and includes a stock cooler. You don’t have to spend any money upfront for a cooler, however, if you want more superior cooling should you be overclocking, you could consider a better cooler (check out the Best 2022 $1000 gaming pc build page for upgrade alternatives).
The real performance driver behind this build is the RTX 3060 ti graphics card, which at the moment of posting this article is in stock and has improved significantly in cost this month.
This $1000 pc build will play games smoothly at a high refresh rate of 1080p gameplay and really well into 1400p (2K) resolution gameplay at high FPS.
$1000 Gaming PC Build of the Month Upgrades
If you visit the full overview for the best $1000 build you’ll also find hardware alternatives and upgrades. This can be upgraded hardware including a better graphics card, more memory, or even more storage space should you need it.
Operating Systems for Your Gaming PC
Do keep in mind that you will also need an operating system, however, it’s not too difficult to find keys for windows 11 online, you will need to install it using something like a USB key or external drive.
|Windows 10 or 11||Download and install Windows on a USB (Need another PC)|
|Ubuntu (Linux OS)||Ubuntu – Desktop||Free (open source)|
|SteamOS||SteamOS – “Build your own Steam Machine”||Free|
The Best $1000 PC Build for October 2022 Overview Video
If you prefer to check out a video overview of the $1000 PC build, then look no further. And please remember if you have any questions or comments on your build to leave them below and I’ll try my best to help you out. Best of luck building your next best PC build!