PC Build Navigation:
- Jump straight to the $1000 Gaming PC Build for April 2023
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build for April 2023 Update:
Huge upgrades for the best $1000 gaming PC build for April! If you have been sitting at the endge of your seat waiting to build your next PC over the last couple of months and haven’t hit the go button yet, well I would say now is the time. The $1000 build now officially supports the latest PC tech enabling DDR5 memory and PCIe 5.0 support with the inclusion of the fantastic Ryzen 5 7600 CPU.
Costs have been going down in terms of accessibility being able to take advantage of the newer AM5 platform from AMD, and since more affordable motherboards have been released and since a bit, more time has passed, now is the time.
The best $1000 gaming PC build has HUGEEEEE upgrades for April 2023 — with a significant CPU upgrade to the Ryzen 5 7600, bringing in next-gen of PC gaming. This also beings in super fast DDR5 memory, and so much more.
Please keep in mind that every PC is and can be unique to its builder, so feel free to swap things like cases if you have your eye set on something more unique to you — and if you have any questions as per compatibility, please feel free to leave a comment.
Which April 2023 Gaming PC Build is right for you based on Your Gaming and Budget Needs?
The budgets included below should accommodate most PC gamers out there that play in many gaming settings, maxing games anywhere from 1080p to 1440p and playing really well into 4K.
If you are not sure which pc build is right for you based solely on your budget, then here is a quick breakdown of which build may be a right fit for you (*rough performance guidelines):
- $1500 PC Build: For gaming at 2K resolutions into 4K
- $1000 PC Build: For gaming MAX settings at 2K resolutions
- $800 PC Build: For gaming at MAX settings 1080p resolutions into 2K
- $500 PC Build: For being able to game in any game at 1080p.
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build | April 2023
Capability: Game with Extreme settings at 1920X1080 (HD) resolutions up to Higher Settings at 2560×1440 (2K)
Powered by the Intel i5 13600KF and the RX 6700 XT Graphics Card
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Holy upgrade - the best $1000 gaming PC build now includes Ryzen 7000!
- POWERFUL GAMING STARTS HERE
- 6 Cores and 12 processing threads, based on AMD "Zen 4" architecture
- 5.2 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 38 MB cache, DDR5 support
- For the state-of-the-art Socket AM5 platform, can support PCIe 5.0 on select 600 Series motherboards
- AMD Wraith Stealth cooler included
Amazon Price: $229.99
2. Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth cooler (*Included with Ryzen 7600)
- The Ryzne 7600 is one efficient CPU, the stock cooler should be decent. If you need an upgrade, then check out the upgrade alternatives at the bottom of the best $1000 gaming pc build page.
Amazon Price: (*Included)
3. Motherboard: GIGABYTE B650M DS3H (AM5 LGA 1718 AMD B650 Micro ATX)
This is a great budget B660 motherboard with the following specifications:
- AMD AM5 Socket: Supports AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Processors
- DDR5 Compatible: 4*SMD DIMMs with AMD EXPO & Intel XMP Memory Module Support
- Sturdy Power Design: Direct 6+2+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution
- Comprehensive Thermal Design: Advanced Thermal Design, M.2 Thermal Guard
- Stable Connectivity: PCIe 4.0, NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2, SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C
- Fast Networking: 1GbE LAN
- Fine Tuning Features: RGB FUSION 2.0, Supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips, Smart Fan 6, Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without installing, CPU, Memory, and GPU
Amazon Price: $159.99
4. Graphics Card: PowerColor Fighter AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
The 6700 XT is a great graphics card for most standard gaming and is faster than previous cards in this bracket giving you great 1440p and 1080p performance in gaming.
(*DDR5 Memory is here in the best $1000 gaming PC build!) Included is a total of 16GB of DDR5 4800MHz memory.
- Harness blazing speeds up to 5600MHz — 1.5x faster than DDR4
- Game at higher frame rates and run demanding software with nearly 2x the bandwidth of DDR4
- Empower your system for the next-generation multi-core CPUs
- Intel XMP 3.0 enabled for easy performance recovery
- ECC Type = Non-ECC, Form Factor = UDIMM, Pin Count = 288-pin, PC Speed = PC5-38400, Voltage = 1.1V
Amazon Price: $51.99
- Capacity: Up to 2TB with sequential reads or writes up to 2400MB/s/1900MB/s
- NVMe PCIe interface, marking the next step in storage innovation
- Includes SSD management software for performance optimization, data security, and firmware updates
- Backed by a limited 5-year warranty or up to the max endurance rating of 150 TBW
Amazon Price: $35.99
7. Power Supply: be quiet! BN671 Pure Power 11 FM 650W
The sweet spot for this build is 650W of juice -- and I'm a big fan of be quiet!'s pure power line of PSUs.
- 80 PLUS Gold efficiency (up to 93.3%)
- Modular cables for maximum build flexibility
- Two strong 12V-rails
- Silence-optimized 120mm be quiet! fan
- Advanced stability and voltage regulation thanks to LLC, SR and DC-to-DC
Amazon Price: $99.90
8. PC Case: Zalman S2
- Full Acrylic Side Panel for ATX Mid Tower Computer PC Case
- Front Design for maximized Airflow with two front 120mm fan pre-installed (& one rear 120mm fan pre-installed)
- Convenient Interface with one USB, 3.0 & two USB 2.0
- Power Supply unit dedicated space for improved cooling performance
- 7 PCI Expansion Slots with Bottom & Top Magnetic Dust Filter
Amazon Price: $64.99
Estimated Cost (April 2023): $1,012
Overview | $1000 Best Gaming PC Build 2023
The April $1000 Gaming PC build includes Ryzen 5 7600 CPU, a significant upgrade in gaming CPU performance, and plus it comes with its own cooler — however you could also upgrade this should you feel the need or simply for your own aesthetic appeal to an AIO, such as the one included in the upgrade suggestions on the official best $1000 pc build page.
The real performance driver behind this build is the RX 6700 XT graphics card, which is in stock at the moment of posting this article and has improved significantly in cost this month.
This $1000 pc build will play games smoothly at a high refresh rate of 1080p gameplay and really well into 1400p (2K) resolution gameplay at high FPS.
$1000 Gaming PC Build of the Month Upgrades
If you visit the full overview for the best $1000 build you’ll also find hardware alternatives and upgrades. This can be upgraded hardware including a better graphics card, more memory, or even more storage space should you need it.
Operating Systems for Your Gaming PC
Do keep in mind that you will also need an operating system, however, it’s not too difficult to find keys for windows 11 online, you will need to install it using something like a USB key or external drive.
|Windows 10 or 11||
|Download and install Windows on a USB (Need another PC)|
|Ubuntu (Linux OS)||Ubuntu – Desktop||Free (open source)|
|SteamOS||SteamOS – “Build your own Steam Machine”||Free|
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build for April 2023 Overview Video
If you prefer to check out a video overview of the $1000 Gaming PC build, then look no further. And please remember if you have any questions or comments on your build to leave them below and I’ll try my best to help you out. Best of luck building your next best PC build!