PC Build Navigation:
- Jump straight to the Best $1500 Gaming PC Build for March 2023
The Best $1500 PC Build for March 2023 Update:
The best $1500 PC build for March has to be one of the most exciting builds I’ve put together in a long while. There’s been a gambit of changes, and all for the better and for no change in the overall cost.
The reason for this has been in tandem with all of the exciting PC hardware releases lately with regard to the AMD 7000 series of CPUs competing well against Intel’s newest Raptor Lake CPUs. This month we’ve completely made the switch over to AMD for this high-end PC build, which brings in many exciting things like DDR5 memory capability and a future-proof AM5 platform.
Even though the CPU was upgraded to a better Intel 13600KF last month, even if you built using that, you still made a fantastic choice as these CPUs go head to head, but going with AMDs newest platform secures the spot for future upgradability from my point of view.
Welcome to the best $1500 PC Build for March 2023 — which along with the major CPU change, brings other great changes along with it, so check it our below.
This month is a great month to build with respect to modern releases, and prices have gone way down, even post-boxing day sales which launched, ending last year.
Please keep in mind that every PC is and can be unique to its builder, so feel free to swap things like cases if you had your eye set on something more unique to you — and if you have any questions as per compatibility, please feel free to leave a comment.
Which March 2023 PC Build is right for you based on Your Gaming and Budget Needs?
The budgets included below should accommodate most PC gamers out there that play in many gaming settings, maxing games anywhere from 1080p to 1440p and play really well into 4K.
If you are not sure which pc build is right for you based solely on your budget, then here is a quick breakdown of which build may be a right fit for you (*rough performance guidelines):
- $1500 PC Build: For gaming at 2K resolutions into 4K
- $1000 PC Build: For gaming MAX settings at 2K resolutions
- $800 PC Build: For gaming at MAX settings 1080p resolutions into 2K
- $500 PC Build: For being able to game in any game at 1080p.
The Best $1500 Gaming PC Build | March 2023
Performance: Game with Extreme settings and High FPS at resolutions of 1920×1080 (1080P) & 2560×1440 (1440p) + good gameplay at 4K
*This Gaming PC Build is powered by the Ryzen 5 7600X and a Radeon RX 6800 XT Graphics Card
*Update: The Ryzen 7600X is a fantastic gaming CPU - and a switch from last month's Intel Choice of the Intel i5-13600KF (you can find this in the $1000 build now). Both CPUs are similarly great, but the Ryzen 7600X and AM5 Platform have more upgradability for the future, supporting DDR5 Memory and more.
- Pure gaming performance with smooth 100+ FPS in the world's most popular games
- 6 Cores and 12 processing threads, based on AMD "Zen 4" architecture
- 5.3 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 38 MB cache, DDR5-5200 support
- For the state-of-the-art Socket AM5 platform, can support PCIe 5.0 on select 600 Series motherboards
- Cooler not included
Amazon Price: $240.92
2. Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Redux
*Note: This takes the place of the below alternative Hyper 212 Black Edition cooler for assured AM5 compatibility. The below Hyper 212 may need a compatibility kit.
- Streamlined, more affordable redux line version of the award-winning NH-U12S heatsink
- Slim 120mm size for excellent case, RAM and PCIe compatibility: fits most tower cases (158mm height), doesn’t overhang the RAM slots, doesn’t block the PCIe on most ATX and Micro-ATX motherboards
- Quiet NF-P12 redux-1700 120mm fan with PWM for automatic speed control: full cooling performance under load, near silent at idle!
- Pre-applied high-quality NT-H1 thermal paste & SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on Intel LGA1700, LGA1200, LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA2011, LGA2066 and AMD AM4 & AM5
Amazon Price: $49.95
Alternative (See *note above): Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition RGB CPU Air Cooler
- Sleek Finishing: Anodized gun-metal black with brushed aluminum surface finish to the top cover for a more refined look
- Nickle Black: The nickel plated jet black also enhances radiation cooling performance
- Direct contact technology: 4 Heat Pipe with exclusive direct contact technology effectively provides excellent heat dissipation; Air flow: 57.3 CFM; Noise level: 30.0 decibels
- Precise Air Flow: Stacked fin array ensures the least airflow resistance which allows cooler air flow into the heat sink
- RGB LED controller: The wired RGB LED controller allows for customizable colors and effects with just the touch of a button
Amazon Price: $57.41
3. Motherboard: MSI PRO B650-P WiFi ProSeries Motherboard (AMD AM5, ATX, DDR5)
- Supports AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Desktop Processors
- Supports DDR5 Memory
- Core Boost : With premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance
- Memory Boost: Advanced technology to deliver pure data signals for the best performance, stability and compatibility
- Premium Thermal Solution: Extended Heatsink, MOSFET thermal pads rated for 7W/mK, additional choke thermal pads and M.2 Shield Frozr are built for high performance system and non-stop work
Amazon Price: $199.99
4. Graphics Card: XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
- Memory Speed:16 GBPS
- The Speedster series exemplifies a modern aerodynamic style though clean and elegant design. It is a thoughtful design with the sole purpose of maximizing airflow to improve cooling and performance.
- A revolutionary new memory architecture that redefines how to deliver higher levels of performance and efficiency for 4K gaming. AMD RDNA 2 architecture elevates and unifies the gaming
- AMD RDNA 2 architecture elevates and unifies the gaming experience from performance to visuals across consoles and PC.
- New Ray Accelerators, handling the intersection of rays, deliver high performance hardware accelerated raytracing
Cost (Amazon): $579.99
DDR5 Memory is here! 16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming PC -- plus this is DDR5.
- Harness blazing speeds up to 5600MHz — 1.5x faster than DDR4
- Game at higher frame rates and run demanding software with nearly 2x the bandwidth of DDR4
- Empower your system for the next-generation multi-core CPUs
- Intel XMP 3.0 enabled for easy performance recovery
- ECC Type = Non-ECC, Form Factor = UDIMM, Pin Count = 288-pin, PC Speed = PC5-38400, Voltage = 1.1V
Amazon Price: $65.99
- Capacity: 1TB but Up to 2TB with sequential reads/writes up to 2400MB/s/1900MB/s
- NVMe PCIe interface, marking the next step in storage innovation
- Includes SSD management software for performance optimization, data security, and firmware updates
- 5-year limited warranty
Amazon Price: $70.49
7. Power Supply: Corsair RMx Series (2021), RM850x
- Fully modular, so you only connect the cables that your system needs.
- A 135mm ML fan utilizes a magnetic levitation bearing and custom-engineered rotors for high performance, low noise, and superior reliability.
- EPS12V connector for compatibility with modern graphics cards and motherboards.
- 100% Industrial-grade, 105°C rated Japanese capacitors ensure unwavering power and reliability.
- Supports Modern Standby sleep mode for extremely fast wake-from-sleep times and better low-load efficiency.
- Zero RPM fan mode for near-silent operation at low to medium loads.
- Resonant LLC topology with DC-to-DC conversion provides clean, consistent power, reduces coil whine for quieter operation, and enables use of more energy-efficient sleep states.
- Ten-year warranty for complete peace of mind.
Amazon Price: $149.03
8. PC Case: Corsair 4000D
- Combining innovative cable management, concentrated airflow, and proven CORSAIR build quality, the 4000D is a fitting choice for an immaculate high-performance PC.
- The CORSAIR RapidRoute cable management system makes it simple and fast to route your major cables through a single channel, with a roomy 25mm of space behind the motherboard for all of your cables.
- Includes two CORSAIR 120mm AirGuide fans, utilizing anti-vortex vanes to concentrate airflow and enhance cooling. Motherboard will fit in our 4000 Series cases without any issue. Mini-ITX, micro-ATX, ATX, and E-ATX form factor motherboards are all supported.
- A spacious interior fits up to 6x 120mm or 4x 140mm cooling fans, along with multiple radiators including 360mm in front and 280mm in the roof (dependent on RAM height).
- Put modern connections within easy reach with a front I/O panel including a USB 3.1 Type-C Port, USB 3.0 port, and a combination audio/microphone jack.
Amazon Price: $94.99
ESTIMATED PRICE (March 2023): $1,459
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $1500
The best $1500 gaming pc build for March 2023 includes one of the best-performing gaming CPUs in the market right now, the Ryzen 5 7600X, an upgrade and switch from the previous month Intel 13600KF (now included in the $1000 build). There are better CPUs, but for price per performance, it just doesn’t make sense to go all out unless you have other things in mind for your PC. If that’s the case, then you may want to check out the hardware upgrade suggestions in the full $1500 gaming PC build of the month article.
Along with the newer Ryzen CPU comes the capability for this build to have the newest generation of memory, which includes a 16GB kit of DDR5 memory, which is faster and more efficient than the previous DDR4 kits included prior — this is a super exciting addition, especially as DDR5 becomes more and more accessible, such as it has.
This is paired with another powerfully new piece of hardware, the RX 6800 XT graphics card, making this a very powerful gaming pc capable of extreme performance in games at higher resolutions — we’re talking exceptional 4K gaming at well above 60FPS and of course, phenomenal FPS performance at 1440P and 1080p.
If you are looking for an over-the-top, very fast-performing gaming PC build that you don’t have to worry about tweaking very much in order to max all games out at HD and higher resolutions, then this build is for you. However, unless you are wanting to get into seriously high-end 4K gaming, you shouldn’t need much more.
If you still think you need increased performance, you could upgrade your CPU or GPU if you have the excess funds. If that is the case, you could simply consider upping the graphics card.. which you could check out the upgrade alternatives for this build in the below full overview of the best $1500 gaming PC build page.
$1500 Gaming PC Build of the Month Upgrades
If you have more to spend, then you could check out some hardware alternative suggestions. This could be for either upgrading this build before or after you buy it. To do so, visit the full $1500 gaming pc builds overview here:
Operating Systems for Your Gaming PC
Do keep in mind that you will also need an operating system, however, it’s not too difficult to find keys for windows 11 online, you will need to install it using something like a USB key or external drive.
|Windows 10 or 11
|Download and install Windows on a USB (Need another PC)
|Ubuntu (Linux OS)
|Ubuntu – Desktop
|Free (open source)
|SteamOS – “Build your own Steam Machine”
The Best $1500 PC Build for March 2023 Overview Video
If you prefer to check out a video overview of the $1500 PC build, then look no further. And please remember if you have any questions or comments on your build to leave them below and I’ll try my best to help you. Best of luck building your next best PC build!