PC Build Navigation:
The Best $800 PC Build for September 2022 Update:
Welcome to the best $800 PC Build for September 2022 — one of the many Gaming PC Builds of the Month.
The $800 build has had a significant upgrade with its GPU bump increasing its performance further compared to last.
This is the perfect PC build for those who want an economical PC build that performs better than you’d expect and would fit the bill and performance expectations for many PC gamers, in my opinion.
This build is for gamers who want to game smoothly with high settings and FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games.
Please keep in mind that every PC is and can be unique to its builder, so feel free to swap things like cases if you had your eye set on something more unique to you — and if you have any questions as per compatibility, please feel free to leave a comment.
Which September 2022 PC Build is right for you based on Your Gaming and Budget Needs?
The budgets included below should accommodate most PC gamers out there that play in many gaming settings, maxing games anywhere from 1080p to 1440p and play really well into 4K.
If you are not sure which pc build is right for you based solely on your budget, then here is a quick breakdown of which build may be a right fit for you (*rough performance guidelines):
- $1500 PC Build: For gaming at 2K resolutions into 4K
- $1000 PC Build: For gaming MAX settings at 2K resolutions
- $800 PC Build: For gaming at MAX settings 1080p resolutions into 2K
- $500 PC Build: For being able to game in any game at 1080p.
The Best $800 Gaming PC Build | September 2022
Capability: Game Smoothly with High settings and FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games with the best $800 Gaming PC Build.
Powered by the Intel Core i5-11400 CPU and an RTX 6600 XT Graphics Card
A top-of-the-line gaming CPU is in this price range -- beating out its competition in gaming performance, even in the higher cost ranges.
- Intel® Core® i3 3.30 GHz processor uses less power and the hyper-threading architecture delivers high performance for demanding applications at an affordable price
- 12 MB of L3 cache rapidly retrieves the most used data available to improve system performance
- Built-in Intel UHD Graphics 730 controller for improved graphics and visual quality. Supports up to 4 monitors.
Amazon Price: $138.99
2. Cooler: Intel PCG 2020C Laminar Cooler (Included)
This is the stock cooler for the Intel Core i5 12400. It would be recommended that if you want to overclock upgrade this to an after-market CPU cooler (see hardware alternatives for options)
3. Motherboard: GIGABYTE B660M DS3H DDR4 Motherboard
- Intel LGA 1700 Socket: Supports 12th Gen Intel Core Series Processors
- DDR4 Compatible: Dual Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Sturdy Power Design: 6 plus2 plus1 Phases Hybrid Power Design, Premium Choke and Capacitors, 8-pin Solid Pin CPU Power Connector
- Comprehensive Thermal Design: M.2 Thermal Guard
- Next Gen Connectivity: PCIe 4.0, Dual NVME PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C, HDMI 2.0,
- Fast Networking: 2.5GbE LAN
- Dynamic Audio: High-End Audio Capacitors, Audio Noise Guard
- Fine Tuning Features: RGB FUSION 2.0, Supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips, Smart Fan 6, Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without installing, CPU, Memory, and GPU
- Amazon Price: $109.99
4. Graphics Card: MSI Gaming AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT 128-bit 8GB GDDR6 DP/HDMI Dual Torx Fans FreeSync DirectX 12 VR Ready OC Graphics Card (RX 6600 XT MECH 2X 8G OC)
The $800 gaming PC build now future a more powerful RX 6600 Xt graphics card, which offers top-of-the-line $800 gaming PC performance, blasting through the previous card offerings in this spot and providing very high 1080p FPS gameplay.
16GB of RAM is the sweet spot for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $63.99
- Capacity: 500GB with sequential reads or writes up to 2400MB/s/1900MB/s
- NVMe PCIe interface, marking the next step in storage innovation
- Includes SSD management software for performance optimization, data security, and firmware updates
- Backed by a limited 5-year warranty or up to the max endurance rating of 150 TBW
Amazon Price: $39.99
7. Power Supply Unit: Apevia ATX-PR600W Prestige 600W 80+ Gold Certified, RoHS Compliance, Active PFC ATX Gaming Power Supply
- Supports Dual/Quad/multi-core CPUs. Supports single 12V output for higher power usage
- Dc to DC converter design, provides superior dynamic response, greater system stability and maximizes the 12V DC rail output
- Multi-gpu technologies supported; 6 pin and 8 pin PCI-E connectors support all GPU platforms. Built in 1 x auto-thermally controlled black 135mm fan
- Connectors: 1 x 20/24pin main power, 1 x 4/8pin 12V, 2 x PCI 6+2pin, 4 x SATA, 4 x peripheral. All protections
- Apevia ATX-PR600W Prestige 600W 80+ Gold Certified, RoHS Compliance, Active PFC ATX Gaming Power Supply, 3 Year Warranty
Amazon Price: $51.99
8. PC Case: Zalman S3 ATX Mid Tower Computer PC Case
- Luxurious Hairline Front Panel Design & Dual Intake Design with Metal Finish
- Full Acrylic windowed side-panel applied
- Dual line front ventilation with metallic Decoration
- Top & Bottom Dust Filter (smooth Air Circulation & Protect the case from dust)
- Zalman's Optimized Cooling Solution (up to 8 fans can be installed)
- Convenient Interface (USB 3.0, 2.0, Reset Button)
- Front Radiator Max 120mm (VGA Card Max 330mm)
Amazon Price: $54.99
Estimated Price (September 2022): $780
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $800
The $800 gaming PC build of the month for September 2022 is for those who just want to build a solid pc capable of over 100FPS gaming at standard HD 1080P resolutions and well over 60FPS at 1440P (this is new for September as the graphics card had a significant upgrade). This is truly the ‘every person’ type build for those that just want to get gaming on a PC and do it at fairly decent performance settings.
The CPU included this month is a huge upgrade with the Intel i3 12100 CPU, which is a very capable CPU, which also has decent integrated graphics and is currently at a fantastic cost. So what this means is that if you want to wait for a better deal on the graphics card, this CPU will get you up and running without one in the meantime, and would enable some lower-end gaming.
The graphics card included is a Radeon RX 6600 XT graphics card, which will push games to max settings under a 1080p resolution at higher FPS and even does well at 1440P than before with this budget. This build is probably most of what any very typical “I just want to game” gamers out there as it does max games out easily at 1080p standard HD monitor resolutions.
$800 Gaming PC Build of the Month Upgrades
The best $800 gaming pc build can be further upgraded — visit the full overview page for a full overview of this build including suggestions for hardware upgrades including a higher-performing CPU, a high-performing graphics card for those more intense games, or even a better pc case.
Operating Systems for Your Gaming PC
Do keep in mind that you will also need an operating system, however, it’s not too difficult to find keys for windows 11 online, you will need to install it using something like a USB key or external drive.
|Windows 10 or 11||Download and install Windows on a USB (Need another PC)|
|Ubuntu (Linux OS)||Ubuntu – Desktop||Free (open source)|
|SteamOS||SteamOS – “Build your own Steam Machine”||Free|
The Best $800 PC Build for September 2022 Overview Video
If you prefer to check out a video overview of the $800 PC build, then look no further. And please remember if you have any questions or comments on your build to leave them below and I’ll try my best to help you out. Best of luck building your next best PC build!