PC Build Navigation:
- Jump straight to the Best $1500 Gaming PC Build for December 2022
The Best $1500 PC Build for December 2022 Update:
Welcome to the best $1500 PC Build for December 2022. Some good news in the PC CPU market over the last bit in that it is favoring PC builders very well right now, as Intel, launched their Raptor lake CPU line. Last month we welcomed the Intel 13600K to this build, which performs better than the previous Alderlake 12600K and for much more performance.
This month is a great month to build with respect to modern releases, however, you may want to wait a tad longer if you want ultra-modern hardware to take advantage of newer tech like DDR5 memory, as it does cost quite a bit at the moment.
Please keep in mind that every PC is and can be unique to its builder, so feel free to swap things like cases if you had your eye set on something more unique to you — and if you have any questions as per compatibility, please feel free to leave a comment.
Which December 2022 PC Build is right for you based on Your Gaming and Budget Needs?
The budgets included below should accommodate most PC gamers out there that play in many gaming settings, maxing games anywhere from 1080p to 1440p and play really well into 4K.
If you are not sure which pc build is right for you based solely on your budget, then here is a quick breakdown of which build may be a right fit for you (*rough performance guidelines):
- $1500 PC Build: For gaming at 2K resolutions into 4K
- $1000 PC Build: For gaming MAX settings at 2K resolutions
- $800 PC Build: For gaming at MAX settings 1080p resolutions into 2K
- $500 PC Build: For being able to game in any game at 1080p.
Bookmark our Best Gaming PC Builds for 2022 Page to Keep up to Date With the Monthly Gaming PC Builds, or subscribe here.
The Best $1500 Gaming PC Build | December 2022
Performance: Game with Extreme settings and High FPS at resolutions of 1920×1080 (1080P) & 2560×1440 (1440p) + good gameplay at 4K
*This Gaming PC Build is powered by the Intel 13600K CPU (*Brand new CPU!) and a Radeon RX 6800 XT Graphics Card
1. CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K
*Brand new CPU just released!
- 14 cores (6 P-cores + 8 E-cores) and 20 threads. Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 770 included
- Performance hybrid architecture integrates two core microarchitectures, prioritizing and distributing workloads to optimize performance
- Up to 5.1 GHz unlocked. 24M Cache
- Compatible with Intel 600 series and 700 series chipset-based motherboards
- Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0, and PCIe 5.0 & 4.0 support. Intel Optane Memory support. No thermal solution included
Amazon Price: $319.98
2. Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition RGB CPU Air Cooler
*The 12600K needs a CPU cooler, and this is a great option for an affordable air cooling solution.
- Sleek Finishing: Anodized gun-metal black with brushed aluminum surface finish to the top cover for a more refined look
- Nickle Black: The nickel plated jet black also enhances radiation cooling performance
- Direct contact technology: 4 Heat Pipe with exclusive direct contact technology effectively provides excellent heat dissipation; Air flow: 57.3 CFM; Noise level: 30.0 decibels
- Precise Air Flow: Stacked fin array ensures least airflow resistance which allows cooler air flow into the heat sink
- RGB LED controller: The wired RGB LED controller allows for customizable colors and effects with just the touch of a button
Amazon Price: $50.52
3. Motherboard: GIGABYTE B660M DS3H DDR4
*The Intel 12600K is a great CPU that can also be overclocked. If you are more of an enthusiast, you could opt for a more expensive Z690 motherboard for better overclocking, but realistically the actual performance benefits will be small when taking the differences of cost into consideration.
- Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
- Supports DDR4 non-ECC, un-buffered memory up to 5000+(OC)
Amazon Price: $104.99
4. Graphics Card: PowerColor Red Dragon AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT
The Radeon RX 6800 XT is a FANTASTIC gaming card and will crush ANY game you throw at it. In fact, it may be too much card for most gamers, but it is a phenomenal graphics card for gaming and will push your gaming performance to be able to play at the highest settings with high FPS into 1440p and plays very well at 4K.
If you can swing it, an alternative card that offers DLSS and DXR is The RTX 3080, However, the cost of this card bumped up a bit this month, and it will be a bit more than the 6800 XT.
Cost (Amazon): $554.99 (Regular $600)
5. RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 3600 MHz
16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming pc - included is a 16GB kit of Corsair Vengeance LPX.
Amazon Price: $59.99
6. SSD: Crucial P2 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD Up to 2400MB/s - CT1000P2SSD8
- Capacity: 1TB but Up to 2TB with sequential reads/writes up to 2400MB/s/1900MB/s
- NVMe PCIe interface, marking the next step in storage innovation
- Includes SSD management software for performance optimization, data security, and firmware updates
- 5-year limited warranty
Amazon Price: $76.55
7. Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 850W
- 80 plus Gold certified, with 90% efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Fully modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow
- 100% Japanese capacitors, LLC resonant circuit design DC-DC converter design to improve 3.3V. 5V. Stability
- Double ball Bearing fan and EVGA eco mode for exceptional reliability and quiet operation
Amazon Price: $129.90
8. PC Case: NZXT H510
- New features: Front I/O USB Type-C Port and Tempered glass side panel with single screw installation
- Enhanced cable management: Our patented cable routing kit with pre-installed channels and straps makes wiring easy and intuitive
- STREAMLINED COOLING: 2 Aer F120mm fans included for optimal internal airflow and the front panel and PSU intakes include removable filters, removable bracket designed for radiators up to 240mm - simplifies the installation of either closed-loop or custom-loop water cooling
- Motherboard support: Mini-ITX, MicroATX, and ATX
Amazon Price: $69.99
ESTIMATED PRICE (December 2022): $1366.91
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $1500
The best $1500 gaming pc build for December 2022 includes one of the best-performing gaming CPUs in the market right now, the Intel 13600K (a brand-new CPU!) There are better CPUs, but for price per performance, it just doesn’t make sense to go all out unless you have other things in mind for your PC. If that’s the case, then you may want to check out the hardware upgrade suggestions in the full $1500 gaming PC build of the month article.
This is paired with another powerfully new piece of hardware, the RTX 5600 XT graphics card, making this a very powerful gaming pc capable of extreme performance in games at higher resolutions — we’re talking exceptional 4K gaming at well above 60FPS and of course, phenomenal FPS performance at 1440P and 1080p. You just can’t go wrong here as months prior, an RTX 3070 barely fit in this PC budget.
I do want to mention, that this build did previously include the RTX 3080, however, it is priced considerably higher this month and supply is low. With that being said the 6800 XT and the 3800 do replace blows in higher-end gaming performance, however, the 3080 does include DLSS and DSX.
If you are looking for an over-the-top, very fast-performing gaming PC build that you don’t have to worry about tweaking very much in order to max all games out at HD and higher resolutions, then this build is for you. However, unless you are wanting to get into seriously high-end 4K gaming, you shouldn’t need much more.
If you still think you need increased performance, you could upgrade your CPU or GPU if you have the excess funds. If that is the case, you could simply consider upping the graphics card to something like an RTX 3080 Ti. This build also includes a very good gaming pc case, with great cooling and more.
$1500 Gaming PC Build of the Month Upgrades
If you have more to spend, then you could check out some hardware alternative suggestions. This could be for either upgrading this build before or after you buy it. To do so, visit the full $1500 gaming pc builds overview here:
To read the full overview and for a list of hardware alternatives, please visit the FULL Best $1500 Gaming PC Build Page
Operating Systems for Your Gaming PC
Do keep in mind that you will also need an operating system, however, it’s not too difficult to find keys for windows 11 online, you will need to install it using something like a USB key or external drive.
|Windows 10 or 11||Download and install Windows on a USB (Need another PC)|
|Ubuntu (Linux OS)||Ubuntu – Desktop||Free (open source)|
|SteamOS||SteamOS – “Build your own Steam Machine”||Free|
The Best $1500 PC Build for December 2022 Overview Video
If you prefer to check out a video overview of the $1500 PC build, then look no further. And please remember if you have any questions or comments on your build to leave them below and I’ll try my best to help you out. Best of luck building your next best PC build!