PC Build Navigation:
- $1500 Gaming PC Build
- $1000 Gaming PC Build
- $700 Gaming PC Build
- $500 Gaming PC Build
- Gaming PC Peripherals & Components Ideas
Have you been planning a Pandemic Gaming PC Build? Seriously, have you? I don’t mean this in bad taste either, but many have been scrambling to get their hands on a sweet gaming pc in order to hunker down and quarantine themselves while having something to do.
Welcome to the April 2020 Gaming PC Builds of the month, where we have compiled the best of the best pc builds in the budgets of and in-between $500, $700, $1000 and $1500.
I bet you’ve seen the memes circulating around the inter-webs (do people still say inter-webs?), saying things like the image to the right.
With that being said….hardware has been a little harder to come by, as in it’s selling out everywhere. The April Gaming PC Builds reflect the current demand, and have accommodated for some fluctuations in prices lately. These builds should be available but if not:
- All hardware below is linked to Amazon, but you could try other sites to source your hardware or even local marketplaces.
- Consider used hardware, Amazon is great at showing you what’s available right on the product page.
- Look for alternative hardware that serves the same task (for example different brands of the same type of graphics card, different storage brands, or memory brands)
- Questions? Leave a comment here and ask!
The builds included below comes in each of the budgets of $500, $700, $1000, and $1500. And your choices in hardware aren’t limited to those, as there are also upgrade alternatives available for each budget range, making each budget flexible depending on how much you have to spend.
Best of luck building your gaming PC build this month!
Have a different budget than either $1500, $1000, $700 or $500?
The builds chosen in this article are chosen simply based on three performance targets of maxing games out at resolutions anywhere from 1080p 60fps, to 1080p 144fps to 2K resolutions and beyond. The idea being you can swap the hardware in each of the builds should you have a bit more or less to spend (simply see the hardware alternatives sections for any of the builds) — which means each of these gaming pc builds should fit the bill for 99% of gamers out there.
If you are not sure which pc build is right for you based solely on your budget, then here is a quick breakdown on which build may be a right fit for you:
- $1500 PC Build: For gaming at 2K resolutions into 4K
- $1000 PC Build: For gaming MAX settings at 2K resolutions
- $700 PC Build: For gaming at MAX settings 1080p resolutions into 2K
- $500 PC Build: Basically a console killer and will play any game out there, sometimes scaled-down in settings.
Best of luck building the best possible gaming pc build this April 2020, and if you have any questions be sure to leave a comment or simply join our new Facebook Group: Gaming PC Builders Facebook Group.
The Best $1500 Gaming PC Build | April 2020
Performance: Game with Extreme settings and High FPS at resolutions of 1920×1080 (1080P) & 2560×1440 (1440p) + good gameplay at 4K
*This PC Build is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU and RTX 2070 SUPER
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- The world's most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
8 Cores and 16 processing threads, bundled with the AMD
- Wraith Prism cooler with color-controlled LED support
4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of game Cache, ddr-3200 support
For the advanced socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on x570 motherboards
Amazon Price: $339.99
2. Cooler: Stock AMD Wraith Prism Cooler
The Ryzen 3700X is an amazing CPU in so many ways, in that it doesn't necessarily need to be overclocked and comes with a great Wraith Prism Cooler, this saves you with a little more cash for other upgrades! Plus it's a good looking cooler for a stock cooler.
3. Motherboard: ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M. 2 Drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4. 0 m. 2 and USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C.Operating system:Windows 10 64-bit
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802. 11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5. 0, TUF LANGuard and technology
Amazon Price: $184.95
4. Graphics Card: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin Fan 8GB
The RTX 2070 SUPER is a fantastic graphics card that provides great pc gaming performance at resolutions from 1080-, 1400p and well into 4K should you want to. The 2070 SUPER is better than the 2070, with a GeForce RTX 2080 sized cooler.
Amazon Price: $499.99
5. RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GBx2) CL16 BLS2K8G4D32AESBK (Gray)
16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming pc - included is a 16GB kit of Crucial Balistix SPORT LT 3200Mhz memory.
Amazon Price: $74.95
- EVO SSD’s NVMe interface (PCIe M.2 2280) offers enhanced bandwidth, low latency, and power efficiency ideal for tech enthusiasts, high end gamers, and 4K & 3D content designers
- Breakthrough Read Write Speeds: Sequential Read and Write Performance Levels of Up to 3,500MB/S and 3,300MB/S, Respectively; Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 600,000 Iops Random Read
Amazon Price: $188.41
(Last month the Western Digital Black NVMe 1Tb held this spot, and previous the Crucial P1 1TB NvMe M.2 drive -- any of these would be good, but supplies seem to be tight right now)
7. Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 750W , Fully Modular
A great, quality power supply that give you all the juice you need to power this pc build - plus this is a platinum efficiency power supply, making is super efficient and it is fully modular (so no messy cables).
Amazon Price: $129.94
- Flexible mounting: easily mount and rearrange SSDs across the motherboard tray and on the back with the SSD bracket
- Three 120 millimeter RGB fans are pre installed behind the front panel to create an amazing lighting effect
- 1 to 3 splitter cable for RGB LED fans: the RGB connector splitter and 4 pin Male to Male adapters are included
- Compact cooling: with the included bracket, the case supports up to 3 120 millimeter front fans, 1 120 millimeter rear fan, and up to 360 millimeter front radiator for liquid cooling
- 4 millimeter thick edge to edge tempered glass Side panel: once you finished your build it's time to show off your creation in style through the 4 millimeter thick edge to edge tempered glass Side panel
Amazon Price: $84.99
ESTIMATED PRICE: $1503 (April 2020)
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $1500
The $1500 gaming pc build for April includes an AMD Ryzen 3700X CPU paired with a powerful RTX 2070 SUPER graphics card, making this a very powerful gaming pc. Seriously, this build is probably way more than a typical gamer’s needs and should be considered the best of the best unless you are wanting to get into seriously high-end 4K gaming — in that case, simply consider upping the graphics card to something like an RTX 2080 or RTX 2080 Ti. This build also includes a very good gaming pc case, with great cooling included and more.
$1500 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
Also, check out the hardware alternatives for each build in this article by visiting the full overview page. The $1500 can be further upgraded with other hardware like a higher performing graphics card, more RAM, a better performing storage solution or higher-performing CPU cooler.
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build | April 2020
Capability: Game with Extreme settings at 1920X1080 (HD) resolutions up to Higher Settings at 2560×1440 (2K)
Powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X and the RX 5700 8GB Graphics Card
The AMD Ryzen 5 3600X is a phenomenal gaming processor for the cost. Straight out of the box, it can beat some more expensive cpus in gaming.
*Note: Supply has been a little low on these bad boys, but this cpu is great - you could try looking through the alternative seller listings for availability.
Amazon Price: $225.99
2. Cooler (Included): Wraith Spire Cooler
The AMD 3600X comes with a stock cooler that is more than enough.
3. Motherboard: MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 DVI HDMI Crossfire ATX Motherboard (B450 Tomahawk Max)
*Note: This B450 motherboard comes fully compatible with the Ryzen 3600X straight out of the box!
This is a fantastic B450 motherboard, that is both an affordable and feature rich board to pair with the AMD 3600X CPU. Even though this is a B450 motherboard, this is a great choice for any Ryzen 3000 CPU as it comes compatible straight out of the box. Plus it supports high bandwidth memory and USB 3.1 V2.
Amazon Price: $114.99
or $95 used on Amazon
4. Graphics Card: XFX Rx 5700 XT Raw II 8GB GDDR6 1905MHz 3xDP HDMI PCI Express 4.0 Graphics Card Rx-57XT8OFF6
The RX 5700 Xt Graphics card is a SOLID choice for any gamer out there right now, offering great 1400p gameplay, will max all games at 1080p and plays well even in to 4K. If you can't find any of these available, you could downgrade slightly and go with a non "XT" - AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU.
Amazon Price: $389.99
5. RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GBx2) CL16 BL2K8G32C16U4B (Black)
Included is a total of 16GB in the best $1000 gaming pc build, which will be plenty of memory for this rig.
Amazon Price: $74.99
The Western Digital Black is a good NVMe SSD, and this one provides 500GB of storage space.
Amazon Price: $94.02
7. Power Supply: EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-GQ-0650-V1,Black
650 Watts is enough juice for this gaming pc build and this one comes in at a Gold Rated power efficiency and is partially modular (which in this case doesn't matter at the non-modular cords need to be used).
Amazon Price: $82.12
8. PC Case: Phanteks PH-EC416PTG_BK Eclipse P400 Steel ATX Mid Tower Case Satin Black, Tempered Glass Edition Cases
- Full Metal Body, Steel Exterior and Tempered Glass Side Panel. Clean interior –PSU Cover & HDDs. 10 color RGB downlight + RGB power light with on/off switch. 300mm RGB LED strip included
- Fully Equipped with Magnetic Dust Filters. Innovative Modular HDD System (requires PH-HDDKT_02). 2x Drop-N-Lock SSD brackets included. Long GPU (supports up to 15.2in)
- Full Size PSU support. Removable HDD cage for installation of long PSU's (>270mm)/water-pump.
- Hidden Front I/O (2x USB 3.0, Headphone, Mic, LED Control, Reset). Clean cable management using Phanteks' preinstalled Hoop-N-Loop cable ties.
- Optimal airflow - Direct airflow to CPU/GPU. 1x Phanteks 120mm Fan in front. 1x Phanteks 120mm Fan in rear. Supports water-cooling radiators (up to 360)
Amazon Price: $79.99
Estimated Cost (April 2020): $1060
Overview | $1000 Best Gaming PC Build 2019
The $1000 build for April 2020 includes a Ryzen 5 3600X CPU, which straight out of the box performs amazingly and even comes with a stock cooler that will be more than enough to cool this pc build down efficiently. The real performance driver behind this build is the included RX 5700 XT 8GB (yep we include an “XT” this month) graphics card which is a phenomenal card for 2K resolution gaming. It may use a bit more power than some other graphics cards on the market but performs so well for the cost.
We have also just bumped the $1000 gaming pc build up to 16GB of memory given the affordability of gaming memory now, which is a huge upgrade. As well, we now include aSamsung 970 EVO Plus SSD, which is fast in terms of storage speeds when compared to a typical SATA SSD.
This $1000 pc build will play games smoothly at high refresh rate 1080p gameplay and really well into 1400p (2K) resolution gameplay.
$1000 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
If you visit the full overview for the best $1000 build you’ll also find hardware alternatives and upgrades. This can be upgraded hardware including a better graphics card, more memory, or even more storage space should you need it.
The Best $700 Gaming PC Build | April 2020
Capability: Game at Smoothly with High settings and FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games.
Powered by the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and a GTX 1660 SUPER Graphics Card
The Ryzen 5 3600 CPU is a superb value coming in with 6 CPU cores and 12 processing threads at 4.1Ghz Max Boost. This is a solid gaming cpu that is priced really well.
Amazon Price: $172.99
2. Cooler: Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
The Wraith Stealth Cooler is included with the Ryzen 5 3600
3. Motherboard: ASRock B450 Steel Legend Socket AM4/ AMD Promontory B450/ DDR4/ Quad CrossFireX/ SATA3&USB3.1/ M.2/ A&GbE/ATX Motherboard
*Note: For this motherboard to be fully compatible with the included Ryzen 3600 CPU, you may have to flash the BIOS (easily done with Flash BIOS Button + USB Key)
- CPU: Socket AM4, Digi Power design, 6 Power Phase design, Supports 105W Water Cooling (Pinnacle Ridge); Supports 95W Water Cooling (Summit Ridge); Supports 65W Water Cooling (Raven Ridge)
- Chipset: AMD Promontory B450
- Slots: 6x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (one run at x8, three runs at x4, one run at x2), 4x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slots
- Supports DDR4 3533+ (OC)
- 6 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4), 1 M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x2 & SATA3)
Amazon Price: $83.59
4. Graphics Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Super Overclocked
OR If it is available or if you can afford it, the RX 5600 XT is a worthy upgrade
The GTX 1660 Super is a fantastic graphics card that is plenty for those wanting a budget gaming pc build that can max most pc games out there at 1080p resolutions without a hiccup at well over 60FPS.
Amazon Price: $239.99
8Gb of RAM is the sweet spot for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $42.23
This is a bit of a different addition to the $700 pc build. AData SSD's are good and come at great prices.
Sequential reads/writes performance up to 520/450MB/s
Amazon Price: $55.99
7. Power Supply Unit: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU, Continuous Power
This Thermaltake 500W power supply does the trick for this $700 pc build, coming in with 500W of power.
Amazon Price: $52.99
8. PC Case: Phanteks PH-EC300PTG_BW Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass Steel ATX Mid Tower Case Black/White
- Full Metal Exterior Design. Clean interior –PSU Cover & HDDs. Tempered Glass Panel. Unique exterior design with integrated PSU cover
- Fully Equipped with Magnetic Dust Filter. Long GPU (supports up to 15.2in). Full Size PSU support. Equipped with 1x Phanteks 120mm Fans Front I/O (2x USB 3.0, Headphone, Mic, LED Control)
- RGB Power Light + Ambient Down Light (10 colors). Integrated RGB Illumination modes + sync with RGB motherboards/Phanteks RGB products. High Airflow
- 2x Front Loaded 3.5" HDD. Supports up to 240/280mm radiator in front. 2x SSD mounting location (1x included)
- Motherboard Support: ATX, uATX, mITX, (E-ATX* - up to 275mm wide). Graphic card: 330 mm/13 in. CPU cooler: 160 mm/6.3 in. Cable management: 35 mm/1.4 in. PSU(including cable): 197 mm/7.7 in
Amazon Price: $59.99
Estimated Price (April 2020): $706
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $700
The $700 budget gaming pc build is for those who just want to build a solid pc capable of maxing out games at standard HD 1080P resolutions and can easily push well fast 60FPS at 1080P in most PC games on the market right now. The CPU included is the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor and for the graphics card, we have a GTX 1660 SUPER. This build is probably most of what any very typical “I just want to game” gamers out there as it does max games out easily at 1080p standard HD monitor resolutions.
In order to fit all of the higher-performing hardware, the SSD is only a 500GB SSD, which is plenty for your OS and your most played games/software. Keep in mind that you can also increase your storage speed by going with an NVMe SSD.
$700 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
The best $700 gaming pc build can be further upgraded — visit the full overview page for a full overview of this build including suggestions for hardware upgrades including a higher-performing CPU, a high performing graphics card for those more intense games or even a better pc case.
The Best $500 Gaming PC Build | April 2020
Capability: Game at Smoothly with Medium-High settings and FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games.
Powered by the Ryzen 5 2600 CPU and an RX 570 Graphics Card
The Ryzen 5 2600 processor is a fantastic value for a $500 gaming pc - coming with 6 cores and 12 threads unlocked, and a frequency of 3.9GHz Max boost an an included Wraith Stealth Cooler.
Amazon Price: $138.95
2. Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
This cooler is included with the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and is more than enough to cool this $500 gaming pc build.
3. Motherboard: MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 2ND and 3rd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 D-Sub DVI HDMI Micro-ATX Motherboard (B450M PRO-VDH Max)
A superb small factor budget motherboard that includes everything you need to get up and running with everything and is Ryzen 3rd generation ready.
Amazon Price: $60.06
The RX 570 4GB graphics card hits the spot for a $500 budget pc build -- this card sits right in the middle of the RX 470 and the RX 580, giving you excellent 1080p performance. If you want to pump those gaming graphics further, then opt for an RX 580, but it will cost you more than $500.
Amazon Price: $108
8Gb of RAM is the sweet spot for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $42.33
The $500 pc build starts at 480GB and it plenty for those with the $500 budget pc build and there is always room for growth.
Amazon Price: $55.99
7. Power Supply Unit: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU, Continuous Power with 120mm Ultra Quiet Cooling Fan
The Thermaltake Smart 500W power supply supplies enough juice for this $500 pc build and has an "unbeatable" value -- especially at it's current cost.
Amazon Price: $52.07
The Thermaltake Versa H17 is a Micro ATX case that's the perfect size to fit all of the hardware in the budget $500 gaming PC build. This case has an aluminum brushed like front panel provides simple elegant aesthetic and a perforated top panel heightened food stands and specially designed cable routing gap enhance airflow for better ventilation.
Amazon Price: $51.99
Estimated Price (April 2020): $509
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $500
The best possible $500 gaming PC build for April 2020 will get you up and playing at standard HD 1080P resolutions with game setting scaled back for optimal FPS gameplay. So if you are looking for the best bang for your buck $500 builds, the following are updated every month here at Newb Computer Build.
This gaming PC build is a back to the basics type build that focusses solely on getting as much performance as we can out of each dollar spent. That means no bells and whistles, only pure performance and focusing on the necessities of our build.
This could be considered the gateway PC for those breaking free of the gaming console and jumping into PC gaming – or for those who want an affordable gaming pc that can play any game out there with scaled settings.
$500 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
The best $500 gaming pc build can be further upgraded — visit the full overview page for a full overview of this build including suggestions for hardware upgrades including a higher-performing CPU, or a high performing graphics card.
Gaming PC Peripheral Ideas (Monitors, Mice & Keyboards)
If you are new to pc building, you may not know that over and above the pc hardware included in the pc builds above, you will need some PC peripherals (keyboard, mouse, and monitor) to actually take control of your pc and use it. And furthermore, you will need an operating system (ie. Windows 10).
If you are looking for some suggestions for monitors, mice, or keyboards, or even network adapters, then please visit the Gaming PC Build Peripherals page for some options, or simply ask below.
Operating Systems for Your Gaming PC
Do keep in mind that you will also need an operating system, however, it’s not too difficult to find keys for windows 10 online, you will need to install it using something like a USB key or external drive.
|Windows 10||Microsoft Windows 10 Home USB Flash Drive||$119.00 (You ccan also download WIndows 10 and install on a USB yourself – simply goole how to!)||
|Ubuntu (Linux OS)||Ubuntu – Desktop||Free (open source)|
|SteamOS||SteamOS – “Build your own Steam Machine”||Free|
April 2020 Gaming PC Builds of the Month Overview Video
A Step by Step on How to Build a Gaming PC this 2020
Looking for a step by step on how to build your pc? Then check out our article for 2020: A Step by Step on How to Build a Gaming PC this 2020
Or simply watch the following video as we go through a full pc build: