PC Build Navigation:
- $1500 Gaming PC Build
- $1000 Gaming PC Build
- $700 Gaming PC Build
- $500 Gaming PC Build
- Gaming PC Peripherals & Components Ideas
Building a gaming PC is just getting better and better now as the months go on, and this August 2020 is perfect as prices have come settling down for another month in a row, and PC hardware supply levels are up. This is a result of the extra high demand for PC parts that came because of the start of the pandemic when everyone was trying to get their hands on either a gaming pc or a work pc.
Also, Intel in the last few months rolled out their comet lake CPUS – which AMD responded to by reducing the cost of their mainstream Ryzen 3000 series CPUs, making them an even better deal. This works out perfectly too because the AMD CPUs included in the gaming PC builds below still are of better value and performance per dollar spent, which allows us to maximize overall performance with higher-performing graphics cards instead.
Don’t get me wrong, the newer Intel CPUs do technically perform better, but on average in gaming, it’s by 10-20 more FPS, and you would be paying roughly $100+ more if you could consider the Ryzen 3700X could be swapped for an Intel 10700K in the $1500 build below, and a Ryzen 3600X for the Ryzen 10600K in the $1000 build below. And on top of that, you could need a newer Intel Z470 motherboard and a separate cooler as they don’t include one in the box.
In the August 2020 gaming PC builds of the month, you will find builds anywhere in-between $500, $700, $1000, and $1500. This should accommodate most PC gamers out there that play in a multitude of gaming settings, maxing games anywhere from 1080p, 1440p and play really well into 4K.
Which August 2020 PC Build is right for you?
If you are not sure which pc build is right for you based solely on your budget, then here is a quick breakdown on which build may be a right fit for you:
- $1500 PC Build: For gaming at 2K resolutions into 4K
- $1000 PC Build: For gaming MAX settings at 2K resolutions
- $700 PC Build: For gaming at MAX settings 1080p resolutions into 2K
- $500 PC Build: Basically a console killer and will play any game out there, sometimes scaled-down in settings.
Best of luck building the best possible gaming pc build this June 2020. If you have any questions be sure to leave a comment or simply join our new Facebook Group: Gaming PC Builders Facebook Group.
Bookmark our Best Gaming PC Builds for 2020 Page to Keep up to Date With the Monthly Gaming PC Builds, or subscribe here.
The Best $1500 Gaming PC Build | August 2020
Performance: Game with Extreme settings and High FPS at resolutions of 1920×1080 (1080P) & 2560×1440 (1440p) + good gameplay at 4K
*This PC Build is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU and RTX 2070 SUPER
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- The world's most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
8 Cores and 16 processing threads, bundled with the AMD
- Wraith Prism cooler with color-controlled LED support
4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of game Cache, ddr-3200 support
For the advanced socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on x570 motherboards
Amazon Price: $279.99
2. Cooler: Stock AMD Wraith Prism Cooler
The Ryzen 3700X is an amazing CPU in so many ways, in that it doesn't necessarily need to be overclocked and comes with a great Wraith Prism Cooler, this saves you with a little more cash for other upgrades! Plus it's a good looking cooler for a stock cooler.
3. Motherboard:Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
*Note: Some types of motherboards have been low in stock, if the recommended board here is not in stock, try searching for alternative "X570 Motherboard" at a similar cost, these will be compatible with the Ryzen 7 3700X.
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M. 2 Drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4. 0 m. 2 and USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C.Operating system:Windows 10 64-bit
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802. 11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5. 0, TUF LANGuard and technology
*If this motherboard is not available and alternative could be:
Asus Prime X570-P Ryzen 3 AM4 with PCIe Gen4, Dual M.2 HDMI, SATA 6GB/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 ATX Motherboard
Amazon Price: $189.99
4. Graphics Card: MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDRR6ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super Overclocked 8G
The RTX 2070 SUPER is a fantastic graphics card that provides great pc gaming performance at resolutions from 1080-, 1400p and well into 4K should you want to. The 2070 SUPER is better than the 2070, with a GeForce RTX 2080 sized cooler.
Amazon Price: $519.99
5. RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory
16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming pc - included is a 16GB kit of Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz Gaming Kit - the perfect speed of RAM for this build (learn more about the best RAM speed for gaming with Ryzen 3000 CPUs in our recent article)
Amazon Price: $92.99
6. SSD: WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD
- An exclusive WD BLACK SSD dashboard with gaming mode improves game performance.
- Available in capacities ranging from 250GB to 2TB
- Ideal for enthusiasts building custom desktops or gaming rigs
- NVMe drive not compatible with SATA interface
Amazon Price: $139.99
7.Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W 80+ Gold SLI/Crossfire Ready Ultra Quiet Power Supply
- [80+ gold and Intel C6/C7 States ready] - deliver up to 90% efficiency, Gf1 Series optimized to work with all generations of Intel's processors to achieve maximum energy saving
- [Ultra quiet 140mm hydraulic Bearing fan] - self-lubricated hydraulic Bearing PWM fan superior cooling performance and near silent operation
- [Smart zero fan] - auto-regulated fan speed based on power consumption for a quiet and efficient operation. Fan works only when PSU work load goes over 30%. a switch At the back of the PSU can be turned off to have the fan spun constantly
- [16AWG wires] - Upgraded CPU/PCI E main cables (16AWG wires) for high end enthusiasts' Pcs
- [Japanese capacitors] - 100% High quality 105°C (221°F) Japanese capacitors offer the highest stability, durability, and reliability
- [Zero cable platform] - daughterboards are directly soldered to the Motherboard for better heat dissipation and impressive output power quality
- [<30 mV low ripple noise] - low ripple ensures excellent performance and keeps performance-critical components, such as high-end graphic card, operating reliably longer
Amazon Price: $129.99
*If available, I recommend the following instead:
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 750W , Fully Modular
A great, quality power supply that give you all the juice you need to power this pc build - plus this is a platinum efficiency power supply, making is super efficient and it is fully modular (so no messy cables).
8. PC Case: NZXT H510 Elite
This case has it all, and then more - plus it looks AMAZING.
- More modern: USB 3.1 Gen 2-compatible USB-C connector on the front panel makes it easier than ever to connect smartphones, high-speed external storage, and the latest peripherals to your PC
- Smart device v2: Includes two HUE 2 RGB lighting channels, and three fan channels that support 0dB modes for voltage-regulated or PWM fans
- Extraordinarily beautiful: The clean, modern design, iconic cable management bar, and uninterrupted tempered-glass panels all showcase your stunning build
- Powered by NZXT CAM: Use the intuitive NZXT CAM application to monitor and control your build, choosing from presets or custom controls for your RGB lighting and fans to create your dream PC
- New features: Front I/O USB Type-C Port, Dual Tempered Glass, Vertical GPU Mount, and two 140mm AER RGB 2 Fans (included)
- Motherboard support: Mini-ITX, MicroATX, and ATX
Amazon Price: $149.99
ESTIMATED PRICE: $1502 (August 2020)
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $1500
The $1500 gaming pc build for August 2020 includes a powerful AMD Ryzen 3700X CPU. This is paired with a powerful RTX 2070 SUPER graphics card, making this a very powerful gaming pc capable of extreme performance in games at the higher of resolutions.
If you are looking for an over the top, very fast performing gaming PC build that you don’t have to worry about tweaking very much in order to max all games out at HD and higher resolutions, then this build is for you. However, unless you are wanting to get into seriously high-end 4K gaming, this is top of the line in terms of gaming performance, and you can still increase performances with a higher-end CPU or GPU should you want or have the excess funds to do so. If that is the case, you could simply consider upping the graphics card to something like an RTX 2080 SUPER or RTX 2080 Ti. This build also includes a very good gaming pc case, with great cooling included and more.
$1500 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
To read the full overview and for a list of hardware alternatives, please visit the Best $1500 Gaming PC Build Page
Also, check out the hardware alternatives for each build in this article by visiting the full overview page. The $1500 can be further upgraded with other hardware like a higher performing graphics card, more RAM, a better performing storage solution or higher-performing CPU cooler.
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build | August 2020
Capability: Game with Extreme settings at 1920X1080 (HD) resolutions up to Higher Settings at 2560×1440 (2K)
Powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X and the RX 5700 XT 8GB Graphics Card
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler
The AMD Ryzen 5 3600X is a phenomenal gaming processor for the cost. Straight out of the box, it can beat some more expensive cpus in gaming.
Amazon Price: $209.99
2. Cooler (Included): Wraith Spire Cooler
The AMD 3600X comes with a stock cooler that is more than enough.
3. Motherboard: ASRock B550 PRO4 Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen/Future AMD Ryzen Processors Motherboard
This is a newer B550 Motherboard supporting Ryzen 3000 CPUs splendidly right out of the box, which also support newer features like PCI 4.0:
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen / Future AMD Ryzen Processors
- 8 Power Phase Design, Digi Power
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, D-Sub
Amazon Price: $114.99
4. Graphics Card: XFX RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation 8GB GDDR6
The RX 5700 Xt Graphics card is a SOLID choice for any gamer out there right now, offering great 1400p gameplay, will max all games at 1080p and plays well even in to 4K. If you can't find any of these available, you could downgrade slightly and go with a non "XT" - AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU.
Amazon Price: $379.99
5. RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GBx2)
Included is a total of 16GB in the best $1000 gaming pc build, which will be plenty of memory for this rig.
Amazon Price: $73.99
6. SSD: Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe Internal SSD, up to 2000MB/s - CT500P1SSD8
The Crucial P1 NVMe SSD is a great value high performing storage devise that provides up to 2000MB/s in read times and 1700MB/s in write times.
Amazon Price: $79.74
7. Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 650W 80+ Gold
The sweet spot for this build is 650W of juice, and the the Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 delivers enough power, is Gold rated for efficiency and priced well at the moment.
Alternatively and if available, you could consider this as well: EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-GQ-0650-V1,Black
650 Watts is enough juice for this gaming pc build and this one comes in at a Gold Rated power efficiency and is partially modular (which in this case doesn't matter at the non-modular cords need to be used).
Amazon Price: $109.99
8. PC Case: Phanteks PH-EC416PTG_WT Eclipse P400
- Full Metal Body, Steel Exterior and Tempered Glass Side Panel. Clean interior –PSU Cover & HDDs. 10 color RGB downlight + RGB power light with on/off switch. 300mm RGB LED strip included
- Fully Equipped with Magnetic Dust Filters. Innovative Modular HDD System (requires PH-HDDKT_02). 2x Drop-N-Lock SSD brackets included. Long GPU (supports up to 15.2in)
- Full Size PSU support. Removable HDD cage for installation of long PSU's (>270mm)/water-pump.
- Hidden Front I/O (2x USB 3.0, Headphone, Mic, LED Control, Reset). Clean cable management using Phanteks' preinstalled Hoop-N-Loop cable ties.
Amazon Price: $79.99
Estimated Cost (August 2020): $1049
Overview | $1000 Best Gaming PC Build 2019
The $1000 build for August 2020 includes a Ryzen 5 3600X CPU, which straight out of the box performs amazingly and even comes with a stock cooler that will be more than enough to cool this pc build down efficiently, even when overclocking to maximize gaming performance. The real performance driver behind this build is the included RX 5700 XT 8GB, graphics card which is a phenomenal card for 2K resolution gaming. It may use a bit more power than some other graphics cards on the market but performs so well for the cost.
This $1000 pc build will play games smoothly at high refresh rate 1080p gameplay and really well into 1400p (2K) resolution gameplay.
$1000 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
To read the full overview and for a list of hardware alternatives, please visit the Best $1000 Gaming PC Build Page
If you visit the full overview for the best $1000 build you’ll also find hardware alternatives and upgrades. This can be upgraded hardware including a better graphics card, more memory, or even more storage space should you need it.
The Best $700 Gaming PC Build | August 2020
Capability: Game at Smoothly with High settings and FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games.
Powered by the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and a GTX 1660 SUPER Graphics Card
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler
The Ryzen 5 3600 CPU is a superb value coming in with 6 CPU cores and 12 processing threads at 4.1Ghz Max Boost. This is a solid gaming cpu that is priced really well.
Amazon Price: $159.99
2. Cooler: Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
The Wraith Stealth Cooler is included with the Ryzen 5 3600
3. Motherboard: ASRock B550M-HDV
The motherboard for this build is a newer B550 motherboard featuring newer features for budget AMD board, including straight out of the box Ryzen 3000 series support and more.
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen / Future AMD Ryzen Processors
- 6 Power Phase Design
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
Amazon Price: $79.99
4. Graphics Card: MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Super
OR If it is available or if you can afford it, the RX 5600 XT is a worthy upgrade
The GTX 1660 Super is a fantastic graphics card that is plenty for those wanting a budget gaming pc build that can max most pc games out there at 1080p resolutions without a hiccup at well over 60FPS.
Amazon Price: $249.84
5. RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2400 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 8GB (4GBx2)
8Gb of RAM is the sweet spot for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $34.99
6. SSD: Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe Internal SSD
You can't go wrong for a great value per dollar spent on a Crucial P1 in terms of storage space and Read/Write speeds.
Sequential reads/writes up to 2, 000/1, 700 MB/s
Amazon Price: $59.99
7. Power Supply Unit: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU, Continuous Power
The budget Thermaltake SMART Power supplies are perfect for this budget and provide just enough power at a fantastic cost.
Amazon Price: $44.99
8. PC Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB320L ARGB Micro-ATX with Dual ARGB Fans
- Mesh Intakes Large mesh intakes span each side of the front panel to provide additional airflow to system
- Dual ARGB Fans Two pre-installed 120 millimeter ARGB fans can be managed by the motherboard connected by the included splitter to create a comprehensive ARGB lighting system
- Tempered Glass Hardware custom-loop cooling or the pure pride of showing off the build in panoramic view through an edge-to-edge tempered glass side panel
- Adaptable Drive Cage The drive cage is movable able to shift toward the front to accommodate for PSU space backwards to provide additional radiator space or even completely removed
- Versatile Cooling Options Support for a total of six 120 millimeter fans and front top and rear radiator placement ensures that you don’t have to compromise on performance
Amazon Price: $59.99
Estimated Price (August 2020): $696
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $700
The August 2020 $700 budget gaming pc build is for those who just want to build a solid pc capable of maxing out games at standard HD 1080P resolutions and can easily push well fast 60FPS at 1080P in most PC games on the market right now. The CPU included is the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor and paired with a newer B550 motherboard. For the graphics card, we have a GTX 1660 SUPER, which should push games to high settings under a 1080p resolution. This build is probably most of what any very typical “I just want to game” gamers out there as it does max games out easily at 1080p standard HD monitor resolutions.
$700 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
To read the full overview and for a list of hardware alternatives, please visit the Best $700 Gaming PC Build Page
The best $700 gaming pc build can be further upgraded — visit the full overview page for a full overview of this build including suggestions for hardware upgrades including a higher-performing CPU, a high performing graphics card for those more intense games or even a better pc case.
The Best $500 Gaming PC Build | August 2020
Capability: Game at Smoothly with Medium-High settings and FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games.
Powered by the Ryzen 5 2600 CPU and an RX 570 Graphics Card
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler - YD2600BBAFBOX
The Ryzen 5 2600 processor is a fantastic value for a $500 gaming pc - coming with 6 cores and 12 threads unlocked, and a frequency of 3.9GHz Max boost an an included Wraith Stealth Cooler.
Amazon Price: $140
2. Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
This cooler is included with the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and is more than enough to cool this $500 gaming pc build.
3. Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-ACSM AMD AM4
This motherboard is a quality budget Micro ATX sized board, that features everything you'd need in a $500 PC, including:
- Powered by 2nd generation AMD Ryzen AM4 processors to maximize connectivity and speed with NVMe M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2, DDR4 and Gigabit LAN
- ASUS Corporate Stable Model complimentary Advance Replacement and long life cycle with a COM header and PS2 ports for legacy needs
- 5X Protection III hardware level safeguards provide component longevity and reliability
- Aura Sync RGB header provides a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever expanding ecosystem of enabled products
- Patent pending Safe Slot Core fortified Pie slot prevents damage caused by heavyweight GPUs. Windows 10 64 bit. Micro ATX Form Factor: 9.6 inch x 9.5 inch
- ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution: Stylish Fanless Design Heat sink solution, ASUS Fan Xpert 2+
Amazon Price: $72.99
4. Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 Super OC 4G Graphics Card
The GTX 1650 Super is a great budget gaming PC graphics card that will play ghames at 1080p without any problem.
The 1650 Super is uses a low amount of power - the perfect GPU for this $500 pc build!
Should you want a little more of a bump in performance, you could consider the alternative gpu in the upgrades table.
Amazon Price: $161.99
5. RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2400 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit
8GB for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $34.99
6. SSD: Kingston 240GB A400
The $500 pc build starts at 240GB and it plenty for those with the $500 budget pc build and there is always room for growth.
Amazon Price: $34.56
7. Power Supply Unit: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU
500W is plenty for this pc build and the Thermaltake Smart 500W does the trick perfectly.
Amazon Price: $50.99
8. PC Case: Thermaltake Versa H17 Black Micro ATX Mini Tower Gaming Computer Case
The Thermaltake Versa H17 is a solid budget small form factor Micro ATX PC case that looks absolutely slick with its Aluminum brushes panels and great airflow.
Amazon Price: $49.99
Estimated Price (August 2020): $551
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $500
The best possible $500 gaming PC build for August 2020 will get you up and playing at standard HD 1080P resolutions with game setting scaled back for optimal FPS gameplay. So if you are looking for the best bang for your buck $500 pc build that is essentially a 2020 console killer, this is the gaming PC build for you.
This gaming PC build is a back to the basics type build that focusses solely on getting as much performance as we can out of each dollar spent. That means no bells and whistles, only pure performance and focusing on the necessities of our build.
This could be considered the gateway PC for those breaking free of the gaming console and jumping into PC gaming – or for those who want an affordable gaming pc that can play any game out there with scaled settings.
$500 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
To read the full overview and for a list of hardware alternatives, please visit the Best $500 Gaming PC Build Page
The best $500 gaming pc build can be further upgraded — visit the full overview page for a full overview of this build including suggestions for hardware upgrades including a higher-performing CPU, or a high performing graphics card.
Gaming PC Peripherals (Monitors, Mice & Keyboards)
If you’ve decided to build you very own gaming PC and don’t already have PC peripherals or an Operating System, these will be the final things you need to get 100% up and running.
What this means is that you will need a monitor, a keyboard, a mouse, and an operating system like Windows 10.
So if you are in the market for these things as well, see below for some Operating System ideas and see the following article for some gaming PC peripherals ideas depending on what you’re after.
Visit the Newb Computer Build Gaming PC Peripherals Page.
Operating Systems for Your Gaming PC
Do keep in mind that you will also need an operating system, however, it’s not too difficult to find keys for windows 10 online, you will need to install it using something like a USB key or external drive.
|Windows 10||Microsoft Windows 10 Home USB Flash Drive||$105.00 (You can also download Windows 10 and install on a USB yourself – simply google how to!)|
|Ubuntu (Linux OS)||Ubuntu – Desktop||Free (open source)|
|SteamOS||SteamOS – “Build your own Steam Machine”||Free|
August 2020 Gaming PC Builds of the Month Overview Video
A Step by Step on How to Build a Gaming PC this 2020
Looking for a step by step on how to build your pc? Then check out our article for 2020: A Step by Step on How to Build a Gaming PC this 2020
Or simply watch the following video as we go through a full pc build: