PC Build Navigation:
- $1500 Gaming PC Build
- $1000 Gaming PC Build
- $700 Gaming PC Build
- $500 Gaming PC Build
- Gaming PC Peripherals & Components Ideas
November may be the perfect or not so perfect time to build a gaming PC – it’s perfect in the sense that there are have so many newer hardware announcements in the CPU and GPU world over the last month or two, and not so good in the sense that some of this hardware is either very limited in stock, and even the available stock of other viable GPUs may be hard to come by.
With that being said, you should be able to get some fantastic deals on hardware this month in order the squeeze the best possible gaming PC performance – with the newer NVIDIA RTX card driving down the costs of other viable cards and the Nov. 5th release of the newer AMD Zen 3 CPUs driving down the cost of high performing Zen 2 CPUs – meaning better bang for buck hardware!
Not to mention, this month also brings days like Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which always bring some fantastic hardware deals, so keep an eye out for some CPU, GPU, Memory, Motherboard, Storage, PSU, or Cases sales.
For the gaming PC builds of the month, you will find builds anywhere in-between $500, $700, $1000, and $1500. This should accommodate most PC gamers out there that play in a multitude of gaming settings, maxing games anywhere from 1080p, 1440p and play really well into 4K.
Which November 2020 PC Build is right for you?
If you are not sure which pc build is right for you based solely on your budget, then here is a quick breakdown on which build may be a right fit for you:
- $1500 PC Build: For gaming at 2K resolutions into 4K
- $1000 PC Build: For gaming MAX settings at 2K resolutions
- $700 PC Build: For gaming at MAX settings 1080p resolutions into 2K
- $500 PC Build: Basically a console killer and will play any game out there, sometimes scaled-down in settings.
Best of luck building the best possible gaming pc build this June 2020. If you have any questions be sure to leave a comment or simply join our new Facebook Group: Gaming PC Builders Facebook Group.
The Best $1500 Gaming PC Build | November 2020
Performance: Game with Extreme settings and High FPS at resolutions of 1920×1080 (1080P) & 2560×1440 (1440p) + good gameplay at 4K
*This PC Build is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU and RTX 2070 SUPER OR RTX 3070
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- The world's most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
8 Cores and 16 processing threads, bundled with the AMD
- Wraith Prism cooler with color-controlled LED support
4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of game Cache, ddr-3200 support
For the advanced socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on x570 motherboards
Amazon Price: $294.99
2. Cooler: Stock AMD Wraith Prism Cooler
The Ryzen 3700X is an amazing CPU in so many ways, in that it doesn't necessarily need to be overclocked and comes with a great Wraith Prism Cooler, this saves you with a little more cash for other upgrades! Plus it's a good looking cooler for a stock cooler.
3. Motherboard:Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
*Note: Some types of motherboards have been low in stock, if the recommended board here is not in stock, try searching for alternative "X570 Motherboard" at a similar cost, these will be compatible with the Ryzen 7 3700X.
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M. 2 Drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4. 0 m. 2 and USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C.Operating system:Windows 10 64-bit
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802. 11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5. 0, TUF LANGuard and technology
*If this motherboard is not available and the alternative could be:
Asus Prime X570-P Ryzen 3 AM4 with PCIe Gen4, Dual M.2 HDMI, SATA 6GB/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 ATX Motherboard
Amazon Price: $179.99
4. Graphics Card: MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDRR6
The RTX 2070 SUPER is such a wonderful graphics card. There are some in stock still, but stock is running out since the availability of the RTX 3070.
OR IF AVAILABLE: NVIDIA RTX 3070 *Newer Graphics Card
You can get NVIDIA's newer RTX 3070 - but their stock is severely limited and some have said may not be widely available until the new year. Check Amazon for RTX 3070 Stock or check nvidia.com for availability.
Amazon Price: $519.99
16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming pc - included is a 16GB kit of Corsair Vengeancee 3600Mhz Gaming Kit - the perfect speed of RAM for this build.
What is the best RAM speed for gaming? Learn more about the best RAM speed for gaming with Ryzen 3000 CPUs in our recent article here.
Amazon Price: $64.99
- An exclusive WD BLACK SSD dashboard with gaming mode improves game performance.
- Available in capacities ranging from 250GB to 2TB
- Ideal for enthusiasts building custom desktops or gaming rigs
- NVMe drive not compatible with SATA interface
Amazon Price: $129.99
7.Power Supply: EVGA 210-GQ-0750-V1 750 GQ, 80+ GOLD 750W
- EVGA 750 GQ: Great quality, Great value, Active clamp +DC to DC design for efficient operation
- 80 Plus Gold certified, with 90 percent (115VAC) / 92 percent (220VAC to 240VAC) efficiency or higher under typical loads; Operating Temperature 0 degree to 50 degree Celsius
- Fan Size/Bearing: 135 millimeters Fluid Dynamic Bearing, modular design to reduce clutter and improve airflow
- Heavy duty protections, including OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP, and OTP
- 5 year warranty
Amazon Price: $112.15
*If available, I recommend the following instead:
A great, quality power supply that give you all the juice you need to power this pc build - plus this is a platinum efficiency power supply, making is super efficient and it is fully modular (so no messy cables).
8. PC Case: Cooler Master MasterBox TD500
The Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 is a very unique case, featuring a polygonal design and a diamond cut design on the front and side panels. Learn more at coolermaster.com.
- Polygonal Mesh features a three-dimensional contour and is also capable of simultaneously providing high airflow and dust filtration.
- A crystalline tempered glass side panel dons a crystalline design, precision engineered for strength as well as aesthetics
- Three included addressable RGB fans flood the build with lighting while providing considerable airflow.
- For enthusiast-grade cooling, two 360 millimeter radiators are supported on the top and front panel to keep the most extreme systems cool.
- Support for up to seven 120 millimeter fans and front, top, and rear liquid cooling ensure the utmost in performance.
Amazon Price: $99.99
ESTIMATED PRICE: $1412 (November 2020)
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $1500
The $1500 gaming pc build for November 2020 includes a powerful AMD Ryzen 3700X CPU. This is paired with a powerful RTX 2070 SUPER graphics card, making this a very powerful gaming pc capable of extreme performance in games at the higher of resolutions. IF you can get your hand on a newer RTX 3070 though, I would suggest you get that instead. However, since the RTX 3070 has just been released, it may take some time for the stock to become available or for the card to be affordable enough to purchase in this budget.
If you are looking for an over the top, very fast performing gaming PC build that you don’t have to worry about tweaking very much in order to max all games out at HD and higher resolutions, then this build is for you. However, unless you are wanting to get into seriously high-end 4K gaming, you shouldn’t need much more.
If you still think you need increased performances, you could upgrade your CPU or GPU if you have the excess funds to do so. If that is the case, you could simply consider upping the graphics card to something like an RTX 3080 (if you can find them in stock). This build also includes a very good gaming pc case, with great cooling included and more.
$1500 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
Also, check out the hardware alternatives for each build in this article by visiting the full overview page. The $1500 can be further upgraded with other hardware like a higher performing graphics card, more RAM, a better performing storage solution or higher-performing CPU cooler.
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build | November 2020
Capability: Game with Extreme settings at 1920X1080 (HD) resolutions up to Higher Settings at 2560×1440 (2K)
Powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X and the RX 5700 XT 8GB Graphics Card
The AMD Ryzen 5 3600 is a phenomenal gaming processor for the cost. Straight out of the box, it can beat some more expensive cpus in gaming.
Amazon Price: $222.99
2. Cooler (Included): Wraith Stealth Cooler
The AMD 3600 comes with a stock cooler that is more than enough.
3. Motherboard: ASRock B550 PRO4 Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen/Future AMD Ryzen Processors Motherboard
This is a newer B550 Motherboard supporting Ryzen 3000 CPUs splendidly right out of the box, which also support newer features like PCI 4.0:
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen / Future AMD Ryzen Processors
- 8 Power Phase Design, Digi Power
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, D-Sub
Amazon Price: $134.99
4. Graphics Card: ASUS TUF Gaming 3 AMD Radeon RX 5700XT OC Edition
The RX 5700 XT Graphics card is a SOLID choice for any gamer out there right now, offering great 1400p gameplay, will max all games at 1080p and plays well even into 4K. If you can't find any of these available, you could downgrade slightly and go with a non "XT" - AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU.
Amazon Price: $415
*Newer Graphics Card Alternative: Radeon RX 6800 XT *linked to amd.com
Recently, the AMD RX 6800 XT graphics card launched, however, it will be low in stock over the next while and a bit more expensive. However, if you can afford it or if it's in stock, then this would be a great choice!
Included is a total of 16GB in the best $1000 gaming pc build, which will be plenty of memory for this rig, plus it's rated at 3600 MHz, which is the perfect RAM speed for this build too!
Amazon Price: $64.99
The Crucial P1 NVMe SSD is a great value high performing storage devise that provides up to 2000MB/s in read times and 1700MB/s in write times.
Amazon Price: $50.99
7. Power Supply: CORSAIR CV Series CV650 - 650 Watt Power Supply
The sweet spot for this build is 650W of juice, and the Corsair CV650 does the trick.
Alternatively and if available, you could consider this as well: EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-GQ-0650-V1,Black
650 Watts is enough juice for this gaming pc build and this one comes in at a Gold Rated power efficiency and is partially modular (which in this case doesn't matter at the non-modular cords need to be used).
Amazon Price: $69.99
- New features: Front I/O USB Type-C Port and Tempered glass side panel with single screw installation
- Enhanced cable management: Our patented cable routing kit with pre-installed channels and straps makes wiring easy and intuitive
- STREAMLINED COOLING: Two Aer F120mm fans included for optimal internal airflow and the front panel and PSU intakes include removable filters, removable bracket designed for radiators up to 240mm - simplifies the installation of either closed-loop or custom-loop water cooling
- Motherboard support: Mini-ITX, MicroATX, and ATX
Visit NZXT.com to see the full overview and to learn more.
Amazon Price: $69.99
Estimated Cost (December 2020): $1029
Overview | $1000 Best Gaming PC Build 2020
The $1000 build for November 2020 includes a Ryzen 5 3600X CPU, which straight out of the box performs amazingly and even comes with a stock cooler that will be more than enough to cool this pc build down efficiently, even when overclocking to maximize gaming performance. The real performance driver behind this build is the included RX 5700 XT 8GB, graphics card which is a phenomenal card for 2K resolution gaming. It may use a bit more power than some other graphics cards on the market but performs so well for the cost.
This $1000 pc build will play games smoothly at high refresh rate 1080p gameplay and really well into 1400p (2K) resolution gameplay.
$1000 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
If you visit the full overview for the best $1000 build you’ll also find hardware alternatives and upgrades. This can be upgraded hardware including a better graphics card, more memory, or even more storage space should you need it.
The Best $700 Gaming PC Build | November 2020
Capability: Game at Smoothly with High settings and FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games.
Powered by the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and an RX 5600 XT Graphics Card
The Ryzen 5 3600 CPU is a superb value coming in with 6 CPU cores and 12 processing threads at 4.1Ghz Max Boost. This is a solid gaming cpu that is priced really well.
Amazon Price: $199.99
2. Cooler: Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
The Wraith Stealth Cooler is included with the Ryzen 5 3600
3. Motherboard: ASRock B550M-HDV
The motherboard for this build is a newer B550 motherboard featuring newer features for budget AMD board, including straight out of the box Ryzen 3000 series support and more.
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen / Future AMD Ryzen Processors
- 6 Power Phase Design
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
Amazon Price: $80.99
4. Graphics Card: MSI Gaming Radeon RX 5600 XT Boost Clock
The 5600 XT is a great card for this pc build and even beats out the previous card that was included, which was the GTX 1660 Super. With this card, you can max most pc games out there at 1080p resolutions without a hiccup at well over 60FPS.
Amazon Price: $259.99
8Gb of RAM is the sweet spot for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $39.99
You can't go wrong for a great value per dollar spent on a Crucial P1 in terms of storage space and Read/Write speeds.
Sequential reads/writes up to 2, 000MB/s, 700 MB/s
Amazon Price: $53.99
7. Power Supply Unit: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU, Continuous Power
The budget Thermaltake SMART Power supplies are perfect for this budget and provide just enough power at a fantastic cost.
Amazon Price: $47.99
8. PC Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L Micro-ATX
- I/O panel can be adjusted in 6 different locations and the Case can be positioned: vertical or horizontal
- Edge to Edge Acrylic Transparent Side Panel offers a full view inside
- Body depth height: can support normal size ATX power supply
- Front Magnetic Design Dust Filter with open perforated front, top and bottom for high air performance
- Extra space behind the motherboard tray for hidden cable management
Amazon Price: $44.49
Estimated Price (November 2020): $727
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $700
The November 2020 $700 budget gaming pc build is for those who just want to build a solid pc capable of maxing out games at standard HD 1080P resolutions and can easily push well fast 60FPS at 1080P in most PC games on the market right now. The CPU included is the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor and paired with a newer B550 motherboard. For the graphics card, we have an RX 5600 XT, which now fits into the budget of this build, whereas previously it didn’t. This GPU will push games to high settings under a 1080p resolution. This build is probably most of what any very typical “I just want to game” gamers out there as it does max games out easily at 1080p standard HD monitor resolutions.
$700 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
The best $700 gaming pc build can be further upgraded — visit the full overview page for a full overview of this build including suggestions for hardware upgrades including a higher-performing CPU, a high performing graphics card for those more intense games or even a better pc case.
The Best $500 Gaming PC Build | November 2020
Capability: Game at Smoothly with Medium-High settings and FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games.
Powered by the Ryzen 5 2600 CPU and an RX 5500 XT Graphics Card
The Ryzen 5 2600 processor is a fantastic value for a $500 gaming pc - coming with 6 cores and 12 threads unlocked, and a frequency of 3.9GHz Max boost an included Wraith Stealth Cooler.
Amazon Price: $140.09
2. Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
This cooler is included with the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and is more than enough to cool this $500 gaming pc build.
3. Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-ACSM AMD AM4
This motherboard is a quality budget Micro ATX sized board, that features everything you'd need in a $500 PC, including:
- Powered by 2nd generation AMD Ryzen AM4 processors to maximize connectivity and speed with NVMe M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2, DDR4 and Gigabit LAN
- ASUS Corporate Stable Model complimentary Advance Replacement and long life cycle with a COM header and PS2 ports for legacy needs
- 5X Protection III hardware level safeguards provide component longevity and reliability
- Aura Sync RGB header provides a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever expanding ecosystem of enabled products
- Patent pending Safe Slot Core fortified Pie slot prevents damage caused by heavyweight GPUs. Windows 10 64 bit. Micro ATX Form Factor: 9.6 inch x 9.5 inch
- ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution: Stylish Fanless Design Heat sink solution, ASUS Fan Xpert 2+
Amazon Price: $77.99
4. Graphics Card: ASUS AMD Dual Radeon RX 5500 XT
The RX 5500 XT performs slightly better than the previous card included in this builds, which was the 1650 Super. However, we've been able to now include it as costs have gone down.
Should you want a little more of a bump in performance, you could consider the alternative graphics card in the upgrades table.
*If the RX 5500 XT is too expensive or not in stock, an alternative card could be the Gigabyte Gv-N165SWF2OC-4GD GeForce GTX 1650 Super Windforce.
Amazon Price: $179.99
8GB for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $35.99
6. SSD: PNY CS900 240GB 3D NAND
The $500 pc build starts at 240GB and it plenty for those with the $500 budget pc build and there is always room for growth.
Amazon Price: $26.99
7. Power Supply Unit: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU
500W is plenty for this pc build and the Thermaltake Smart 500W does the trick perfectly.
Amazon Price: $47.99
8. PC Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L
The Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L is a staple Micro ATX case with everything you need at the budget you need, all while looking great in a compact form factor case.
Amazon Price: $44.49
Estimated Price (November 2020): $558
*tad over budget this month, but well worth it! Plus, keep an eye out for those boxing day and cyber Monday deals.
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $500
The best possible $500 gaming PC build for November 2020 will get you up and playing at standard HD 1080P resolutions with game setting scaled back for optimal FPS gameplay. So if you are looking for the best bang for your buck $500 pc build that is essentially a 2020 console killer, this is the gaming PC build for you – I say this on the precious of the release of the PS5, and Xbox Series X and Series S – but I digress.
The $500 gaming pc build is powered by a very capable Ryzen 5 2600 CPU and an RX 500 XT graphics card – which is a great combo for this budget.
This gaming PC build is a back to the basics type build that focusses solely on getting as much performance as we can out of each dollar spent. That means no bells and whistles, only pure performance and focusing on the necessities of our build.
This could be considered the gateway PC for those breaking free of the gaming console and jumping into PC gaming – or for those who want an affordable gaming pc that can play any game out there with scaled settings.
$500 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
The best $500 gaming pc build can be further upgraded — visit the full overview page for a full overview of this build including suggestions for hardware upgrades including a higher-performing CPU, or a high performing graphics card.
Gaming PC Peripherals (Monitors, Mice & Keyboards)
If you’ve decided to build you very own gaming PC and don’t already have PC peripherals or an Operating System, these will be the final things you need to get 100% up and running.
What this means is that you will need a monitor, a keyboard, a mouse, and an operating system like Windows 10.
So if you are in the market for these things as well, see below for some Operating System ideas and see the following article for some gaming PC peripherals ideas depending on what you’re after.
Operating Systems for Your Gaming PC
Do keep in mind that you will also need an operating system, however, it’s not too difficult to find keys for windows 10 online, you will need to install it using something like a USB key or external drive.
|Windows 10||Microsoft Windows 10 Home USB Flash Drive||$105.00 (You can also download Windows 10 and install on a USB yourself – simply google how to!)||
|Ubuntu (Linux OS)||Ubuntu – Desktop||Free (open source)|
|SteamOS||SteamOS – “Build your own Steam Machine”||Free|
November 2020 Gaming PC Builds of the Month Overview Video
A Step by Step on How to Build a Gaming PC this 2020
Looking for a step by step on how to build your pc? Then check out our article for 2020: A Step by Step on How to Build a Gaming PC this 2020 or simply leave a comment below with any questions!
You could also watch the following video as we go through a full pc build: