PC Build Navigation:
- $1500 Gaming PC Build
- $1000 Gaming PC Build
- $700 Gaming PC Build
- $500 Gaming PC Build
- Gaming PC Peripherals & Components Ideas
It’s September, and we all know what that means – a faster, higher-performing gaming pc is needed for not only schoolwork but for some high-performance gaming!
Welcome to the September 2020 gaming pc builds of the month. Prices are where they should be for most gaming hardware, making it a great time for a high performing gaming pc, whether you’re simply a gamer wanting the most performance for your budget or going back to virtual school, college or work.
For the gaming PC builds of the month, you will find builds anywhere in-between $500, $700, $1000, and $1500. This should accommodate most PC gamers out there that play in a multitude of gaming settings, maxing games anywhere from 1080p, 1440p and play really well into 4K.
Which September 2020 PC Build is right for you?
If you are not sure which pc build is right for you based solely on your budget, then here is a quick breakdown on which build may be a right fit for you:
- $1500 PC Build: For gaming at 2K resolutions into 4K
- $1000 PC Build: For gaming MAX settings at 2K resolutions
- $700 PC Build: For gaming at MAX settings 1080p resolutions into 2K
- $500 PC Build: Basically a console killer and will play any game out there, sometimes scaled-down in settings.
Best of luck building the best possible gaming pc build this June 2020. If you have any questions be sure to leave a comment or simply join our new Facebook Group: Gaming PC Builders Facebook Group.
The Best $1500 Gaming PC Build | September 2020
Performance: Game with Extreme settings and High FPS at resolutions of 1920×1080 (1080P) & 2560×1440 (1440p) + good gameplay at 4K
*This PC Build is powered by the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU and RTX 2070 SUPER
1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
- The world's most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
8 Cores and 16 processing threads, bundled with the AMD
- Wraith Prism cooler with color-controlled LED support
4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of game Cache, ddr-3200 support
For the advanced socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on x570 motherboards
Amazon Price: $279.99
2. Cooler: Stock AMD Wraith Prism Cooler
The Ryzen 3700X is an amazing CPU in so many ways, in that it doesn't necessarily need to be overclocked and comes with a great Wraith Prism Cooler, this saves you with a little more cash for other upgrades! Plus it's a good looking cooler for a stock cooler.
3. Motherboard:Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
*Note: Some types of motherboards have been low in stock, if the recommended board here is not in stock, try searching for alternative "X570 Motherboard" at a similar cost, these will be compatible with the Ryzen 7 3700X.
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M. 2 Drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert
- Next-gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4. 0 m. 2 and USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C.Operating system:Windows 10 64-bit
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2x2 802. 11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5. 0, TUF LANGuard and technology
*If this motherboard is not available and alternative could be:
Asus Prime X570-P Ryzen 3 AM4 with PCIe Gen4, Dual M.2 HDMI, SATA 6GB/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 ATX Motherboard
Amazon Price: $189.99
4. Graphics Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Super Overclocked 8G EVO GDDR6 Dual-Fan Edition VR Ready HDMI DisplayPort Gaming Graphics Card
The RTX 2070 SUPER is a fantastic graphics card that provides great pc gaming performance at resolutions from 1080-, 1400p and well into 4K should you want to. The 2070 SUPER is better than the 2070, with a GeForce RTX 2080 sized cooler.
Amazon Price: $529.99
16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming pc - included is a 16GB kit of Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz Gaming Kit - the perfect speed of RAM for this build.
What is the best RAM speed for gaming? Learn more about the best RAM speed for gaming with Ryzen 3000 CPUs in our recent article here.
Amazon Price: $84.67
- An exclusive WD BLACK SSD dashboard with gaming mode improves game performance.
- Available in capacities ranging from 250GB to 2TB
- Ideal for enthusiasts building custom desktops or gaming rigs
- NVMe drive not compatible with SATA interface
Amazon Price: $149.99
7.Power Supply: EVGA 210-GQ-0750-V1 750 GQ, 80+ GOLD 750W, Semi Modular
- EVGA 750 GQ: Great quality, Great value, Active clamp +DC to DC design for efficient operation
- 80 Plus Gold certified, with 90 percent (115VAC) / 92 percent (220VAC to 240VAC) efficiency or higher under typical loads; Operating Temperature 0 degree to 50 degree Celsius
- Fan Size/Bearing: 135 millimeters Fluid Dynamic Bearing, modular design to reduce clutter and improve airflow
- Heavy duty protections, including OVP, UVP, OCP, OPP, SCP, and OTP
- 5 year warranty
Amazon Price: $119.99
*If available, I recommend the following instead:
A great, quality power supply that give you all the juice you need to power this pc build - plus this is a platinum efficiency power supply, making is super efficient and it is fully modular (so no messy cables).
8. PC Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Smart Case - Black (CC-9011173-WW)
This case is alike to many of the same caliber Corsair cases, and the 220T has amazing airflow and comes with three corsair SP120 RGB fans that work great with Corsairs icue software:
- Improve your system's cooling with a high airflow layout complete with a steel grill front panel for optimal air intake
- Light up your PC with three included Corsair SP120 RGB Pro fans each lined with eight individually addressable LEDs around the hub (24 total)
- The included lighting Node core controls your RGB lighting making for brilliant lighting effects right out of the box with Corsair iCUE software
- The 220T RGB airflow’s solid steel construction and front plate ensure sturdy and resilient durability along with a striking look
- An edge-to-edge tempered glass side panel window showcases your PC's components and RGB lighting. Compatible corsair liquid coolers-H55, H60, H75, H80i, H90, H100i, H105, H110i, H115i, H150i
Amazon Price: $99.99
ESTIMATED PRICE: $1465 (September 2020)
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $1500
The $1500 gaming pc build for September 2020 includes a powerful AMD Ryzen 3700X CPU. This is paired with a powerful RTX 2070 SUPER graphics card, making this a very powerful gaming pc capable of extreme performance in games at the higher of resolutions.
If you are looking for an over the top, very fast performing gaming PC build that you don’t have to worry about tweaking very much in order to max all games out at HD and higher resolutions, then this build is for you. However, unless you are wanting to get into seriously high-end 4K gaming, you shouldn’t need much more.
If you still think you need increased performances, you could upgrade your CPU or GPU if you have the excess funds to do so. If that is the case, you could simply consider upping the graphics card to something like an RTX 2080 SUPER or RTX 2080 Ti. This build also includes a very good gaming pc case, with great cooling included and more.
$1500 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
Also, check out the hardware alternatives for each build in this article by visiting the full overview page. The $1500 can be further upgraded with other hardware like a higher performing graphics card, more RAM, a better performing storage solution or higher-performing CPU cooler.
The Best $1000 Gaming PC Build | September 2020
Capability: Game with Extreme settings at 1920X1080 (HD) resolutions up to Higher Settings at 2560×1440 (2K)
Powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 3600X and the RX 5700 XT 8GB Graphics Card
The AMD Ryzen 5 3600X is a phenomenal gaming processor for the cost. Straight out of the box, it can beat some more expensive cpus in gaming.
Amazon Price: $208.99
2. Cooler (Included): Wraith Spire Cooler
The AMD 3600X comes with a stock cooler that is more than enough.
3. Motherboard: ASRock B550 PRO4 Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen/Future AMD Ryzen Processors Motherboard
This is a newer B550 Motherboard supporting Ryzen 3000 CPUs splendidly right out of the box, which also support newer features like PCI 4.0:
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen / Future AMD Ryzen Processors
- 8 Power Phase Design, Digi Power
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 2 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, D-Sub
Amazon Price: $134.99
4. Graphics Card: MSI Gaming Radeon Rx 5700 Xt Boost Clock: 1925 MHz 256-bit 8GB GDDR6 DP/HDMI Dual Fans Crossfire Freesync Navi Architecture Graphics Card
The RX 5700 Xt Graphics card is a SOLID choice for any gamer out there right now, offering great 1400p gameplay, will max all games at 1080p and plays well even in to 4K. If you can't find any of these available, you could downgrade slightly and go with a non "XT" - AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPU.
Amazon Price: $389.99
Included is a total of 16GB in the best $1000 gaming pc build, which will be plenty of memory for this rig, plus it's rated at 3600 MHz, which is the perfect RAM speed for this build too!
Amazon Price: $84.67
The Crucial P1 NVMe SSD is a great value high performing storage devise that provides up to 2000MB/s in read times and 1700MB/s in write times.
Amazon Price: $59.74
7. Power Supply: EVGA 100-N1-0650-L1, 650 N1, 650W
The sweet spot for this build is 650W of juice, and the the EVGA 650 N1 does the trick.
Alternatively and if available, you could consider this as well: EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W, Semi Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 5 Year Warranty, Power Supply 210-GQ-0650-V1,Black
650 Watts is enough juice for this gaming pc build and this one comes in at a Gold Rated power efficiency and is partially modular (which in this case doesn't matter at the non-modular cords need to be used).
Amazon Price: $74.95
- Full Metal exterior design. Clean interior-PSU cover & HDDs. Tempered glass panel. Unique exterior design with integrated PSU cover
- Fully Equipped with Magnetic Dust filter. Long GPU (supports up to 15. 2in). Full Size PSU support. Equipped with 1x Phanteks 120mm fans. Front I/O (2x USB 3. 0, Headphone, Mic, LED control)
- RGB Power Light + Ambient Down Light (10 colors). Integrated RGB Illumination modes + sync with RGB motherboards/Phanteks RGB products
- High flow. 2x front loaded 3. 5" Hdd. Supports up to 240/280mm radiator in front. 2x SSD mounting Location (1x included)
- Dimension: 200 mm x 450 mm x 400 mm/7. 8 in x 17. 7 in x 15. 7 in (WxHxD). Mid Tower. Motherboard Support: ATX, uATX, mITX, (E-ATX* - up to 275mm wide).
Amazon Price: $55.99
Estimated Cost (September 2020): $1010
Overview | $1000 Best Gaming PC Build 2019
The $1000 build for September 2020 includes a Ryzen 5 3600X CPU, which straight out of the box performs amazingly and even comes with a stock cooler that will be more than enough to cool this pc build down efficiently, even when overclocking to maximize gaming performance. The real performance driver behind this build is the included RX 5700 XT 8GB, graphics card which is a phenomenal card for 2K resolution gaming. It may use a bit more power than some other graphics cards on the market but performs so well for the cost.
This $1000 pc build will play games smoothly at high refresh rate 1080p gameplay and really well into 1400p (2K) resolution gameplay.
$1000 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
If you visit the full overview for the best $1000 build you’ll also find hardware alternatives and upgrades. This can be upgraded hardware including a better graphics card, more memory, or even more storage space should you need it.
The Best $700 Gaming PC Build | September 2020
Capability: Game at Smoothly with High settings and FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games.
Powered by the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and a GTX 1660 SUPER Graphics Card
The Ryzen 5 3600 CPU is a superb value coming in with 6 CPU cores and 12 processing threads at 4.1Ghz Max Boost. This is a solid gaming cpu that is priced really well.
Amazon Price: $205.99
*At the moment the Ryzen 3600 is a little inflated in terms of cost. If this CPU goes up anymore or is out of stock, you could also consider the Ryzen 5 3600X - which is perfectly compatible as well.
2. Cooler: Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
The Wraith Stealth Cooler is included with the Ryzen 5 3600
3. Motherboard: ASRock B550M-HDV
The motherboard for this build is a newer B550 motherboard featuring newer features for budget AMD board, including straight out of the box Ryzen 3000 series support and more.
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen / Future AMD Ryzen Processors
- 6 Power Phase Design
- Supports DDR4 4733+ (OC)
- 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DVI-D, D-Sub
Amazon Price: $80.99
4. Graphics Card: Asus TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Super Overclocked
OR If it is available or if you can afford it, the RX 5600 XT is a worthy upgrade
The GTX 1660 Super is a fantastic graphics card that is plenty for those wanting a budget gaming pc build that can max most pc games out there at 1080p resolutions without a hiccup at well over 60FPS.
Amazon Price: $229.99
8Gb of RAM is the sweet spot for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $34.99
You can't go wrong for a great value per dollar spent on a Crucial P1 in terms of storage space and Read/Write speeds.
Sequential reads/writes up to 2, 000MB/s, 700 MB/s
Amazon Price: $59.99
7. Power Supply Unit: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU, Continuous Power
The budget Thermaltake SMART Power supplies are perfect for this budget and provide just enough power at a fantastic cost.
Amazon Price: $48.95
8. PC Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L Micro-ATX
- I/O panel can be adjusted in 6 different locations and the Case can be positioned: vertical or horizontal
- Edge to Edge Acrylic Transparent Side Panel offers a full view inside
- Body depth height: can support normal size ATX power supply
- Front Magnetic Design Dust Filter with open perforated front, top and bottom for high air performance
- Extra space behind the motherboard tray for hidden cable management
Amazon Price: $48.99
Estimated Price (September 2020): $710
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $700
The September 2020 $700 budget gaming pc build is for those who just want to build a solid pc capable of maxing out games at standard HD 1080P resolutions and can easily push well fast 60FPS at 1080P in most PC games on the market right now. The CPU included is the AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor and paired with a newer B550 motherboard. For the graphics card, we have a GTX 1660 SUPER, which should push games to high settings under a 1080p resolution. This build is probably most of what any very typical “I just want to game” gamers out there as it does max games out easily at 1080p standard HD monitor resolutions.
$700 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
The best $700 gaming pc build can be further upgraded — visit the full overview page for a full overview of this build including suggestions for hardware upgrades including a higher-performing CPU, a high performing graphics card for those more intense games or even a better pc case.
The Best $500 Gaming PC Build | September 2020
Capability: Game at Smoothly with Medium-High settings and FPS at 1920X1080 resolutions in most games.
Powered by the Ryzen 5 2600 CPU and an RX 570 Graphics Card
The Ryzen 5 2600 processor is a fantastic value for a $500 gaming pc - coming with 6 cores and 12 threads unlocked, and a frequency of 3.9GHz Max boost an an included Wraith Stealth Cooler.
Amazon Price: $147.99
2. Cooler: AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler (Included)
This cooler is included with the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and is more than enough to cool this $500 gaming pc build.
3. Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M-ACSM AMD AM4
This motherboard is a quality budget Micro ATX sized board, that features everything you'd need in a $500 PC, including:
- Powered by 2nd generation AMD Ryzen AM4 processors to maximize connectivity and speed with NVMe M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2, DDR4 and Gigabit LAN
- ASUS Corporate Stable Model complimentary Advance Replacement and long life cycle with a COM header and PS2 ports for legacy needs
- 5X Protection III hardware level safeguards provide component longevity and reliability
- Aura Sync RGB header provides a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever expanding ecosystem of enabled products
- Patent pending Safe Slot Core fortified Pie slot prevents damage caused by heavyweight GPUs. Windows 10 64 bit. Micro ATX Form Factor: 9.6 inch x 9.5 inch
- ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution: Stylish Fanless Design Heat sink solution, ASUS Fan Xpert 2+
Amazon Price: $77.99
4. Graphics Card: MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 Super
The GTX 1650 Super is a great budget gaming PC graphics card that will play ghames at 1080p without any problem.
The 1650 Super is uses a low amount of power - the perfect GPU for this $500 pc build!
Should you want a little more of a bump in performance, you could consider the alternative gpu in the upgrades table.
Amazon Price: $164.99
8GB for any gaming pc out there and should be all you need -- however there is always room to upgrade!
Amazon Price: $34.99
6. SSD: Crucial BX500 240GB
The $500 pc build starts at 240GB and it plenty for those with the $500 budget pc build and there is always room for growth.
Amazon Price: $34.99
7. Power Supply Unit: Thermaltake Smart 500W 80+ White Certified PSU
500W is plenty for this pc build and the Thermaltake Smart 500W does the trick perfectly.
Amazon Price: $48.95
The Thermaltake Versa H17 is a solid budget small form factor Micro ATX PC case that looks absolutely slick with its Aluminum brushes panels and great airflow.
Amazon Price: $49.99
Estimated Price (September 2020): $525
Overview | Best Gaming PC Build for $500
The best possible $500 gaming PC build for September 2020 will get you up and playing at standard HD 1080P resolutions with game setting scaled back for optimal FPS gameplay. So if you are looking for the best bang for your buck $500 pc build that is essentially a 2020 console killer, this is the gaming PC build for you.
This gaming PC build is a back to the basics type build that focusses solely on getting as much performance as we can out of each dollar spent. That means no bells and whistles, only pure performance and focusing on the necessities of our build.
This could be considered the gateway PC for those breaking free of the gaming console and jumping into PC gaming – or for those who want an affordable gaming pc that can play any game out there with scaled settings.
$500 Gaming PC Build Upgrades
The best $500 gaming pc build can be further upgraded — visit the full overview page for a full overview of this build including suggestions for hardware upgrades including a higher-performing CPU, or a high performing graphics card.
Gaming PC Peripherals (Monitors, Mice & Keyboards)
If you’ve decided to build you very own gaming PC and don’t already have PC peripherals or an Operating System, these will be the final things you need to get 100% up and running.
What this means is that you will need a monitor, a keyboard, a mouse, and an operating system like Windows 10.
So if you are in the market for these things as well, see below for some Operating System ideas and see the following article for some gaming PC peripherals ideas depending on what you’re after.
Operating Systems for Your Gaming PC
Do keep in mind that you will also need an operating system, however, it’s not too difficult to find keys for windows 10 online, you will need to install it using something like a USB key or external drive.
|Windows 10||Microsoft Windows 10 Home USB Flash Drive||$105.00 (You can also download Windows 10 and install on a USB yourself – simply google how to!)|
|Ubuntu (Linux OS)||Ubuntu – Desktop||Free (open source)|
|SteamOS||SteamOS – “Build your own Steam Machine”||Free|
September 2020 Gaming PC Builds of the Month Overview Video
A Step by Step on How to Build a Gaming PC this 2020
Looking for a step by step on how to build your pc? Then check out our article for 2020: A Step by Step on How to Build a Gaming PC this 2020
Or simply watch the following video as we go through a full pc build: